• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Who killed ramzi irani ? and whats setrida role ?

• Thread starter HannaTheCrusader
  • Start date
Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
The history of the FPM's wild change of principles.

2004: THE GOLDEN AGE. semi-secular nationalist party committed to a strong state with no weapons held by any militia. Would openly call Hezbollah a terrorist organization that had a hand in the assassination of Rafiq Hariri. Not sectarian in their rhetoric even though they recognized the important role Lebanese Christians needed to play.

2006 - 2011: a "secular" openly pro-Syrian party. SSNP-lite. Would openly defend Hezbollah's every last action and peddle odd conspiracy theories involving Israel whenever a Lebanese politician was assassinated. Most shared Lebanese news sites on the forum became Al Akhbar, Addiyar, and Assafir to reflect the new pro-Syrian direction. Most sectarian hatred in this era was directed towards Lebanese Sunnis and Druze; however, most FPMers would claim they are a "secular party open to all sects". Heroes of the FPM included Emile Lahoud, Elie Hobeika, Jamil El Sayyed, Bashar Al Assad, and

2012 - 2015: The Christian rights period. Suddenly Christian rights became a priority on the agenda. Still tried to claim to be secular and were still fully pro-Syrian. Less outlandish conspiracy theories about Israel assassinating Rafiq Hariri.

2015 - Present: When they said hold my beer and became a Lebanese version of France's National Front or Italy's Northern League. After giving Hezbollah everything they wanted for 15 years and allowing them to take over the country, they finally realized that Christians are sidelined and their presence is in danger. A lot of right wing crusader rhetoric from the base that isn't at all reflected by the party leadership. Their minister of defense is openly pledging his loyalty to a Shi'ite Sayyed warlord but the base is openly insulting the Quran and Mohamed. Large parts of the base hate Hezbollah and the Shi'ites but the leadership and even President Aoun himself don't share these sentiments an iota.
2005: FPM, the largest Christian party in the parliament, and representing 70% of the Christians, out of the government, and the strong LF metl l kleb taking what was given to them by Hariri and co.: One minister of tourism. The elections were being done according to the Ghazi Kanaan Law, and we had shit

2019: The strongest christian leader is at the head of the state, president of the republic. We have proportionate election law. Christians nominate 15 ministers in the government.

That's FPM

• Advertisement
  • Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This excuse that he wanted to unify christians to fight the palestinians and syrians is such crap man. I don't care what his motive was, what he did was inexcusable. Killing people in their sleep and in their homes is inexcusable.
    Very true. Killing Palestinian militiamen on the battlefield is one thing.
    Deliberately massacring Palestinian civilians in their sleep or killing Armenians for simply refusing to join LF is another.

Bachir's war crimes often get overlooked because he was killed (not martyred) by a Syrian agent.
    In reality, he was the pure embodiment of evil.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

This excuse that he wanted to unify christians to fight the palestinians and syrians is such crap man. I don't care what his motive was, what he did was inexcusable. Killing people in their sleep and in their homes is inexcusable.
    You're blaming the insanity of rogue militiamen in times of war and chaos on Bachir and I think that's wrong. He certainly made many mistakes, but unifying the Christian leadership was a necessity. You simply can't have small lords in every city who ultimately can be used as proxies by foreign powers against you. The way it was handled was certainly messy and sometimes barbaric and should have been cleaner but it needed to be done.

Moreover, Bachir had a complete program to revive the Lebanese government and the Lebanese nation. He wanted to disband the LF when he was elected president.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You're blaming the insanity of rogue militiamen in times of war and chaos on Bachir and I think that's wrong. He certainly made many mistakes, but unifying the Christian leadership was a necessity. You simply can't have small lords in every city who ultimately can be used as proxies by foreign powers against you. The way it was handled was certainly messy and sometimes barbaric but it needed to be done.
    Zionists would argue the same about Hitler... Only immoral bastards would find it in themselves to forgive or justify what Bachir did.
    Anyway, that's no longer important.
    Bachir was killed and today LF are nothing but a bunch Saudi puppets incapable of getting elected without kissing Aoun and Hariri's ass.
    The new generation of Gemayels brought us two castrated men who reduced their power share from 5 to 2 LOL.

Karma is a *****.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Zionists would argue the same about Hitler... Only immoral bastards would find it in themselves to forgive or justify what Bachir did.
    Anyway, that's no longer important.
    Bachir was killed and today LF are nothing but a bunch Saudi puppets incapable of getting elected without kissing Aoun and Hariri's ass.
    The new generation of Gemayels brought us two castrated men who reduced their power share from 5 to 2 LOL.

Karma is a *****.
    Well, Gebran Bassil did say that he will make the Christians forget about Chamoun and Bachir, so in other words, Bachir's spirit is still alive and well and got refined and became more sophisticated :)

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    You're blaming the insanity of rogue militiamen in times of war and chaos on Bachir and I think that's wrong. He certainly made many mistakes, but unifying the Christian leadership was a necessity. You simply can't have small lords in every city who ultimately can be used as proxies by foreign powers against you. The way it was handled was certainly messy and sometimes barbaric and should have been cleaner but it needed to be done.

Moreover, Bachir had a complete program to revive the Lebanese government and the Lebanese nation. He wanted to disband the LF when he was elected president.
    What gave Bashir the right to use force to unify Christian leadership? Who said that he was more popular than Dany Chamoun or other leaders and thereby he can take such decision? The end does not justify the means; the unification of Christians at this blood price was never justified.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Well, Gebran Bassil did say that he will make the Christians forget about Chamoun and Bachir, so in other words, Bachir's spirit is still alive and well and got refined and became more sophisticated :)
    Is he admitting that his father-in-law's 3ahed is a failure? He mentioned Chamoun and Bachir, but not Aoun, although the latter was a contemporary of them both.

M

MinCanada

Stupidity is setting yourself as the judge and jury... hal2ad abaday go finish the case for the LF...

Chatrin tinhiblo thinking you know everything... the very definition of stupidity
    Oh, I apologize, I did not mean to insult you. I'll rephrase it as short sightedness and hate.

M

MinCanada

I an not accusing anyone or defending anyone but why would the Syrian regime kill Ramzi Irani? Was he a threat in any way to the occupation and or to the political class at that time? Why would they kill the Head of the students' sector in a party? Why didn't they assassinate Setrida instead for example?
    Are you serious? Who else was left in the LF after rounding up/imprisonning/torturing/killing all the party members?

M

MinCanada

The crime was a classic syrian and possibly ouwet hit. Wasn't enough to simply assassinate the man. They had to torture him to death and mutilate his body. No one really knows if Setrida or LF had a hand in it, but the point is it wouldn't be surprising if they did. It's their calling card.
    Owet hit? I did not know that Hasheesh was legalized in Lebanon :)

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Oh, I apologize, I did not mean to insult you. I'll rephrase it as short sightedness and hate.
    Thank you for the apology. And I will reiterate, I am neither judge nor jury. And I wouldn’t put it past strida/LF or the Syrians/their stooges to commit such crimes, so call it what you want, I don’t know who killed the guy nor do I want to venture a guess. Ya reit the fricking judicial system works one time and delivers the culprits!

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Thank you for the apology. And I will reiterate, I am neither judge nor jury. And I wouldn’t put it past strida/LF or the Syrians/their stooges to commit such crimes, so call it what you want, I don’t know who killed the guy nor do I want to venture a guess. Ya reit the fricking judicial system works one time and delivers the culprits!
    ya reit? your FPM opposes the Hariri UN Tribunal... your FPMers say Hariri committed suicide. Ya reit? :)
    ya reit you will call out the hypocrisy of the orange clan you support.

NAFAR

NAFAR

Legendary Member
    LF/Kataeb are the Serbs of the Near East and Bachir Gemayel the Maronite version of Slobodan Miloševic.
    Geagea is a saint compared to Bachir.
    May he rot in eternal hell. []
    Bachir and even Geagea are saints when compred to Palestos Syrians and their Lebanese traitors as Jumblat Berri and others.
    If LF/ Kateib are the Serbs of Near east then Palestos Syrians and their Lebanese traitors are the Nazis of the near east.
    May Arafat 7afez and all their Lebanese traitors souls rot in hell.

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member

I think Bachir's popularity and the love he has from a lot of people is due to the fact that he was killed at the top of his popularity to be honest. What he said he wanted to do to Lebanon and the idea he had made people love him, but he didn't get to implement it. It's like god forbid GMA was killed in 1990, people would be talking about him the same way.
    However, massacres are still massacres, the Safra massacre is inexcusable. You can't tell me it had to be done. No it didn't, at all. Nor was the Ehden massacre. Taking away all the blame from Bachir is wrong.

NAFAR

NAFAR

Legendary Member
    I clearly called his acts as crimes however his motives were to unify Christians at time of war wether we like it or not.

Last edited:
    Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    ya reit? your FPM opposes the Hariri UN Tribunal... your FPMers say Hariri committed suicide. Ya reit? :)
    ya reit you will call out the hypocrisy of the orange clan you support.
    First shou khalas hariri? Second FPM as far as I know are 1) not opposed to the tribunal 2) never claimed he committed suicide and 3) politically blamed Syria at the time

You now want to blame the rampant interference in judicial matters on FPM? Next you will come say FPM had this person killed...

2ila 2ayn @joseph_lubnan ? 2ila 2ayn?

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    I think Bachir's popularity and the love he has from a lot of people is due to the fact that he was killed at the top of his popularity to be honest. What he said he wanted to do to Lebanon and the idea he had made people love him, but he didn't get to implement it. It's like god forbid GMA was killed in 1990, people would be talking about him the same way.
    However, massacres are still massacres, the Safra massacre is inexcusable. You can't tell me it had to be done. No it didn't, at all. Nor was the Ehden massacre. Taking away all the blame from Bachir is wrong.
    bachir was a charismatic young leader who organized the scattered ranks of the Christians and established the Lebanese Forces albeit by force, he is also credit for establishing the Lebanese Front, and putting an end to the string of defeats that the Christians have been afflicted with. he turned the scenario from fleeing for their lives into fighting to win as he gave them a well established cause.

the forging of the Lebanese Forces was a bloody affair, and it was one of bachir's greatest falls, but many thought that the unification of the ever feuding military parties was worth it, and from a military strategic perspective it was. the only regret is that the Christian leaders couldn't come to that conclusion without a bloody mini-war.

he had his shortcomings, no one is perfect. but make no mistakes, GMA himself is continuing the objective set by the Lebanese front, our beef with the Lebanese Forces is simply the person of samir geagea who has hijacked the party through a series of uprisings and revolts. the Lebanese Forces was supposed to be the military arm of the Lebanese Front, and samir jeajea simply couldn't understand that. the rest is history, and now the flame is being carried by FPM, bassil seems to be turning out smarter than bachir, albeit not as charismatic, and that is something he should work on going forward.

it is beyond normal that all the leftist will have nothing but subjective hatred towards bachir and his accomplishments.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What I find beyond normal is how someone who claims to be a God-fearing Christian would downplay Bachir's countless war crimes as "shortcomings". It says a lot about that person's character.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    What I find beyond normal is how someone who claims to be a God-fearing Christian would downplay Bachir's countless war crimes as "shortcomings". It says a lot about that person's character.
    typical ISIS mentality, you want to kill people while they are unarmed and pleading for mercy, but if they fight you back and defend themselves you cry foul like spoiled little kids, "waynak ya allah" "waynik ya amrika" "wayn el 3alam".

and no i do not condone any of the massacres, people should always conduct themselves with grace, dignity and honor even when they are forced to defend themselves.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    typical ISIS mentality, you want to kill people while they are unarmed and pleading for mercy, but if they fight you back and defend themselves you cry foul like spoiled little kids, "waynak ya allah" "waynik ya amrika" "wayn el 3alam".

and no i do not condone any of the massacres, people should always conduct themselves with grace, dignity and honor even when they are forced to defend themselves.
    Yes, because rounding up 1500 Palestinian citizens and killing them with their women and children is an act of self defense.
    It's just a shortcoming as you said.

Also, when did you hear me praise Arafat, to accuse me of having an ISIS mentality?