Who needs enemies when Uncle Sam is your friend?

J. Abizeid

J. Abizeid

I want to start with one of GMA’s famous anecdotes: “They ask you to jump of the tenth floor and promise you nothing will happen to you. If you jump and die, you can’t go back to blame them. If you miraculously live, they make you feel you owe them something for the good advice they gave you.”

Their most recent victim is Mr. Musharaf. He reminds me of the late Shah of Iran who took his orders from his masters; the masters that invented him in the first place and made him to believe he’s God’s gift to his people. He oppressed them and degraded them but as soon as they overthrew him, his Uncle refused to grant him exile. He died miserably in Cairo.
Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines used the same style with his people. He was eventually driven out of power. At that time Barbra Walters finally realized a “horrible” reality that Mrs. Imelda Marcos had 600 pairs of shoes in her closet therefore her husband must go down. I always wondered how many pairs Mrs. Walters had in hers.
Manual Noriega, another puppet who’s drug deal with his master went sour. He landed in a Miami jail. Until recently, he believed in honor among thieves thinking what’s happened to him is just a bad joke.
The Pinochet tale is another interesting one that many of us don’t even remember.
How about Saddam Hussein who was naïve enough to think Uncle Sam owes him a great deal for committing genocides against his neighbor with chemical weapons handed over to him.
Georgia’s president felt he was the size of his shadow in the early morning. By noon, he realized he could not find it.
The list can go on and on but why go far when reality hits home.
GMA could have been President today. All he needed to do listen to the master suggesting the Christians must rise against one third of the country; the strongest third I might add. He could have been President for a divided country in the middle of an uncivil war. That’s what it takes to satisfy the master who’s presence and influence from Vietnam to Iraq resulted in nothing but misery and destruction.
Lebanon is peaceful and on its way to recovery because its opposition won, thanks to GMA’s wisdom and SHN patience.
Who can ever deny from now on GMA and SHN are the real fathers of modern Lebanon. Even the Great Master conceded.
Congratulations Lebanon on your superior breed of new leadership, you earned the title of a proud nation.

• Advertisement
  • K

Kasparov

Orange Room Supporter

I want to start with one of GMA’s famous anecdotes: “They ask you to jump of the tenth floor and promise you nothing will happen to you. If you jump and die, you can’t go back to blame them. If you miraculously live, they make you feel you owe them something for the good advice they gave you.”

Their most recent victim is Mr. Musharaf. He reminds me of the late Shah of Iran who took his orders from his masters; the masters that invented him in the first place and made him to believe he’s God’s gift to his people. He oppressed them and degraded them but as soon as they overthrew him, his Uncle refused to grant him exile. He died miserably in Cairo.
    Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines used the same style with his people. He was eventually driven out of power. At that time Barbra Walters finally realized a “horrible” reality that Mrs. Imelda Marcos had 600 pairs of shoes in her closet therefore her husband must go down. I always wondered how many pairs Mrs. Walters had in hers.
    Manual Noriega, another puppet who’s drug deal with his master went sour. He landed in a Miami jail. Until recently, he believed in honor among thieves thinking what’s happened to him is just a bad joke.
    The Pinochet tale is another interesting one that many of us don’t even remember.
    How about Saddam Hussein who was naïve enough to think Uncle Sam owes him a great deal for committing genocides against his neighbor with chemical weapons handed over to him.
    Georgia’s president felt he was the size of his shadow in the early morning. By noon, he realized he could not find it.
    The list can go on and on but why go far when reality hits home.
    GMA could have been President today. All he needed to do listen to the master suggesting the Christians must rise against one third of the country; the strongest third I might add. He could have been President for a divided country in the middle of an uncivil war. That’s what it takes to satisfy the master who’s presence and influence from Vietnam to Iraq resulted in nothing but misery and destruction.
    Lebanon is peaceful and on its way to recovery because its opposition won, thanks to GMA’s wisdom and SHN patience.
    Who can ever deny from now on GMA and SHN are the real fathers of modern Lebanon. Even the Great Master conceded.
    Congratulations Lebanon on your superior breed of new leadership, you earned the title of a proud nation.
    Abizeid, as usual, you show the truth in a very logical way, I think you should write in a newspaper :)

Ignatius

Ignatius

Abizeid, as usual, you show the truth in a very logical way, I think you should write in a newspaper :)
    why not start by publishing your contribution to this forum in a blog (on this forum) so it can al be found in the same place quite easily ?

Thanks

taifoon

taifoon

Abizeid, I'd rather wait and see a successful delivery of a healthy, whole and blessed baby, before I start to distribute the be2lewa and congratulate the cute couple. :biggrin:

K

Kasparov

Orange Room Supporter
    why not start by publishing your contribution to this forum in a blog (on this forum) so it can al be found in the same place quite easily ?

Thanks
    My opinions are reflected by some great members on this forum, including Abizeid, I find it useless to discuss the same topics over and over again with people who, in my opinion, lost the sense of logic a long time ago.

P.S : I'm still mourning the Dog... his killer is still at large.

Shia4lyf

Shia4lyf

ITs an excellent way that how you showed that anyone wants to be an ally to the U.S, his faith is sealed in misery.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    i think no one should blame uncle sam for being honest and business-minded.

they go for their interest like anyone does.i think in uncle sam's view,just a handshake to those blindfolded fools is enough reward.it gives them much publicity than they deserve.its like placing an advert on tv for a rejected product.you pay the channel and they place your advert.its that simple.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Being America’s ally is more dangerous than being its enemy.

Henry Kissinger

Zayn

Zayn

Abizeid brings in an interesting and valid point of view across for us to think about.

But what about Syria? Unfortunately for Lebanon, it seems like it's forever bound to its neighbor like a moon in orbit.

The former government was riding a high tide of public support after the Hariri assassination. First came the Syrian pullout, then the Israelis vowed to dismantle Hezbollah. Surely, they were licking their chops as they saw the two biggest obstacles to what they envisioned as the "new Lebanon" about to be dismantled.

However, their popularity fizzled out as soon as Hezbollah came out of the Tamuz War victorious. The tide turned. May 2008 was the final nail in the coffin for the FM-LF-PSP alliance.

The opposition has succeeded because of Hezbollah's victories on the battlefield. First in 2006, then with the quick routing of its internal opponents in 2008. But could they have done it without Syria? I don't think so.

Now there are signs that the Syrians could be turning on the same people who have allowed it to keep a foot in Lebanon without its own forces: the opposition. I, for one, believe that Syria killed Imad Mughniyeh and many of the Hezbollah supporters and even many of the members that I've talked to believe the same thing (I know I'm using anecdotal evidence here, but take it for what it's worth).

Syria's foreign policy is chiefly rooted in regaining what it believes are lost territories. One is the Golan, the second is Lebanon. By negotiating with the Israelis and falling into the West's sphere of influence, they would get the Golan back via a peace settlement (as Olmert has hinted) and they could slowly re-swallow Lebanon due to the fact that the opposition is now poised to make great gains within the government through elections as well as through Hezbollah's veto power, thus increasing their current foothold. Also remember that Syria gained control of Lebanon in the first place with the West's blessing.

Would the Syrians pull their support for the opposition? If so, who would they give it to? The Loyalists? Would the Loyalists even accept Syrian support? Is it possible that Lebanon could become united due to a universal opposition to Syria?

I for one believe that Syria is the biggest threat to Lebanon. Not Israel. Not the USA. Not Saudi Arabia. Beware, Opposition.

Tayyar Keserwen

Tayyar Keserwen

The US should know that Fighting for Peace is like F***ing for virginity... (Rev. Wright)

Tayyar Keserwen

Tayyar Keserwen

I think the quote goes: "Fighting for PEACE is like F---ing for virginity."

I can think of many instances where people have fought and died for freedom. Southern Lebanon is one.
    I stand corrected... i will edit it in my previous post....I heard it during one of Obama's ex-pastor (Rev. Wright) speeches.

taifoon

taifoon

Being America’s ally is more dangerous than being its enemy.

Henry Kissinger
    with exception of one ally, Israel, and in accordance with the cosmic declaration of deception which states that you are never betrayed by an enemy..

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    with exception of one ally, Israel, and in accordance with the cosmic declaration of deception which states that you are never betrayed by an enemy..
    Hehehe...Very accurate indeed.

Yet i also tend to think that Israel is falsely commonly called "US ally"...while in reality, it's just an extra-territorial US state,where US common laws do not apply.(Like Guantanamo...but on a bigger scale)

taifoon

taifoon

Hehehe...Very accurate indeed.

Yet i also tend to think that Israel is falsely commonly called "US ally"...while in reality, it's just an extra-territorial US state,where US common laws do not apply.(Like Guantanamo...but on a bigger scale)
    Khayye Abou, me i say it's the other way around: The USA is the biblic promised land heaven sent for the "chosen people" of God. Israel is merely a "summer house".

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Khayye Abou, me i say it's the other way around: The USA is the biblic promised land heaven sent for the "chosen people" of God. Israel is merely a "summer house".
    One way or another we agree :thumbsup:

Since both ways...US and Israel are nothing than 2 faces of the same coin...One of them being... in desguise to the benefit of the other one...

Mesh Heik Joe?...:biggrin:

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    the day will come when america will sell its so called ally
    u have to understand something, that the american people by nature are attached to no value, but the value of happiness and MATERIALISTIC.
    therefore they tolerate israel as long as they know they need them because its helps them secure the middle east oil.
    once the cost of helping israel outweights the oil profit, you will start seeing people complaining about israel.
    it will be a gradual process and with time, america will see israel like a headache and they will tell them to go and find a solution with the arabs. i.e. basically w r through with u guys LOL.
    and the so called powerful israeli lobby, will be a shadow if itself.
    americans are not dogmatic people, they are nomads by nature and businessman.

Venom

Venom

Legendary Member
    The best example could be Saddam Hussain and his regime...

LebanonUSA

LebanonUSA

Instead of complaining and criticizing Uncle Sam, why don't we - as a nation - learn from them instead? America does what it sees as in its interests, and there is no harm if we do the same instead of the never ending bickering, moaning, complaining, and criticizing, and whining that we are known to be.

J. Abizeid

J. Abizeid

I’m humbled with the overwhelming support from so many sincere members.
    Thanks to all!
    Some expressed concerns about the perils still surrounding Lebanon which is understandable.
    Remember, life is a journey not a destination.
    The good news is we are on the tight track now and in the right direction.
    For over two years, Lebanon was a train wreck sitting in a ditch. Many dark angels extended their ugly hands to lift us up only to put us on a collision course.
    Our wise leadership with the support and perseverance of most Lebanese people chose to stay in the ditch with some hope rather than turning us into a kamikaze projectile.
    For now, Lebanon has many difficulties to overcome, especially the economic ones.
    But, the fact we are on the right track, we must start enjoying the journey.
    That’s what our martyrs wanted us to do.