• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Who/what is Allah?

Rafidi

Legendary Member
you are half way there :p so far you got the "la ilah" part correctly, with time and practice we'll get you to the second phase, almost there, few more decades max :lol:

What is the second phrase? I guess you meant "phrase" not "phase".

The first phrase is "La Ilaha"; a negation. So are you suggesting the second phrase is "illa Jesus"? Or "ilal father"? :lol:

NewLeb

No, Rahman was an already established Syriac Christian God. The word is not even in Arabic.

Except that Allah is Ar-Rahman; so you are wrong again. What else is new?

Caananite "El" means "The God". And he was the supreme God.

Meaning that Yahweh (a tribal god) and Jesus (a human-God) ain’t it, because Islam does not appeal to personalities, but to The Reality.

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
Jesus is not a prophet .

Jesus is not a prophet in mainstream Christianity, yes. But I was referring to heretical Christian groups that predate Islam who considered him a Prophet, which are also called Gnostic Christian groups. Some of their ideas are depicted in the movie The Young Messiah (2016). But their scriptures are rejected by the Church and not mainstream.

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
Except that Allah is Ar-Rahman; so you are wrong again. What else is new?

Allah can be called anything for all I care. The fact remains that Allah is Two Gods merged together. Yahweh, the foreign non-Jewish mountain Iron God and Rahman, the Syriac Christian God.

Meaning that Yahweh (a tribal god) and Jesus (a human-God) ain’t it, because Islam does not appeal to personalities, but to The Reality.

No Islam appeals to personalities (whatever that means). Allah is called The Most Arrogant and the Most Deceiftful. And is established upon human traits. Allah even curses like humans in the Qur'an and says "F*ck Abu Lahab and his hands".

NewLeb

I don't care what they do in their worship.
The monotheistic structure of Christianity has already been established around The One and Almighty God long before Islam.
By the same token, so-called Heretical / Gnostic Christians consider Jesus just to be a prophet and worship One God. How is Islam different?

It’s different because The One God had a final prophet, the seal of all prophets, Muhammad. This was necessary because neither the Jews nor the Christians were submitting to Him, and Him alone.

The Jews know Allah is The One God, but they’d prefer to praise their tribal lord, Yaweh. It’s always been like that, ever since Moses freed them from Egypt.

As to the Christians, well, they reject Islam mainly for racist reasons, given that The Truth chose an Arab to be the final prophet. But they took a man as The Eternal Truth, which is why the Jews easily control them.

This is the reality of the world today.

NewLeb

No Islam appeals to personalities (whatever that means). Allah is called The Most Arrogant and the Most Deceiftful. And is established upon human traits. Allah even curses like humans in the Qur'an and says "F*ck Abu Lahab and his hands".

First of all, you made up those Divine Names of Allah.

Second of all, that’s the whole point. Allah is the Most Merciful, but He is also The Humiliator. Ultimately, Allah is incomprehensible, and this is the case when you assume Him in the totality of His names. Humans cannot comprehend the Eternal.

This is why you have all those Jesus freaks having to try real mentally hard to be joyful all the time. They view their god simply as “love” and thus operate in that assumption, even though Reality is far from that. This is also why they got those crazy eyes....

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
First of all, you made up those Divine Names of Allah.

God is called Al-Mutakabbir, which means The Arrogant.

God is referred to as The Most Deceitful. Even more deceitful than those who commit deceit.

وَإِذْ يَمْكُرُ بِكَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لِيُثْبِتُوكَ أَوْ يَقْتُلُوكَ أَوْ يُخْرِجُوكَ وَيَمْكُرُونَ وَيَمْكُرُ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ خَيْرُ الْمَاكِرِينَ

Those are all human traits.

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
It’s different because The One God had a final prophet, the seal of all prophets, Muhammad. This was necessary because neither the Jews nor the Christians were submitting to Him, and Him alone.

The Jews know Allah is The One God, but they’d prefer to praise their tribal lord, Yaweh. It’s always been like that, ever since Moses freed them from Egypt.

As to the Christians, well, they reject Islam mainly for racist reasons, given that The Truth chose an Arab to be the final prophet. But they took a man as The Eternal Truth, which is why the Jews easily control them.

The above has various errors. But regardless, if I play along: What you just said is an argument against Islam. Your omnipotent and omniscient God couldn't get his message right in two stages. How can he be all powerful and all knowing when tiny mud dots called Humans can get him in a twist and defy his work for 2000 years or more? This means an omnipotent and omniscient Allah doesn't exist to begin with.

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
@NewLeb

If you don't know Arabic, don't waste my time please. The forum uses here mostly know Arabic. If you want to go with the deformation that "Motakber" means "humilator" (which doesn't even exist in English or Arabic), I'll just return a pitiful smile. And if you claim "most deceitful" means something positive or "The most wise", I'll return a pitiful smile too.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member

i am not sure where you have heard that, but none of the above is factual. in particular the racist reasons for rejecting islam. there is a multitude of rational reasons to reject islam, racism and discrimination is not one of them. if that is what you believe or what you were made to believe then the least that can be said is that you are on the far side of a schism with reality, and you need to mend that.

distorting the image of others in your own mind to make you feel better about your own perception of the world is not healthy, i strongly advise you to reexamine your premises, you can in reality subscribe to your own set of beliefs without always misconceiving all that which differs.

i am quite sure you are trolling though, i doubt people can still be this far off in this day and age.

NewLeb

God is called Al-Mutakabbir, which means The Arrogant.
God is referred to as The Most Deceitful. Even more deceitful than those who commit deceit.

وَإِذْ يَمْكُرُ بِكَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لِيُثْبِتُوكَ أَوْ يَقْتُلُوكَ أَوْ يُخْرِجُوكَ وَيَمْكُرُونَ وَيَمْكُرُ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ خَيْرُ الْمَاكِرِينَ

Those are all human traits.

Wrong again. The Names of Allah are Divine and Eternal. You are likening them to human attributes (which are inherently imperfect and limited). In the context of Allah, Al-Mutakabbir means the Most Dominant, or The Supreme. Allah is the only existence, so who or what is He going to be arrogant about???

NewLeb

@NewLeb

If you don't know Arabic, don't waste my time please. The forum uses here mostly know Arabic. If you want to go with the deformation that "Motakber" means "humilator" (which doesn't even exist in English or Arabic), I'll just return a pitiful smile. And if you claim "most deceitful" means something positive or "The most wise", I'll return a pitiful smile too.

LOL, says the guy who thinks he’s an authority on Arabic translation. Arabic words can mean many things according to the context, knowledge of which you seem to lack.

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
LOL, says the guy who thinks he’s an authority on Arabic translation. Arabic words can mean many things according to the context, knowledge of which you seem to lack.

[pitiful smile]

Ralph N

Part I.

There seems to be a lot of ignorance and confusion among the general peoples (even among Muslims) in respect to the nature of Allah. Most view Him as a god, whether it be the same Abrahamic god that’s worshipped by Christians or Jews; or a completely different idea of a god as invented by the Arabs.

Neither opinion is factual. Why? Because Allah is not a god to begin with. La ilaha il Allah means “there is no god but Allah.” Now, let’s pause for a moment and consider the word ‘god.’ Anything in this universe can be essentially worshipped as a god- mountains; vaginas (it’s been done); humans- yes, anything that the mind can conceive of can be worshipped as a god. Yet Allah is beyond human comprehension.

It is clear-cut in Islam that Allah is One. He is the Eternal, and thus cannot be separated from His creation in terms of physicality, as that would mean you have two different entities at place (God vs the universe). However, this in no way means that the universe is God, or vice verse, again in terms of physicality. No, the universe is just one, singular instance of a Divine thought within the infinite knowledge of Allah.

For example, if you were to create a character within your own mind, this doesn’t mean that the idea of the being that you created really exists in an absolute sense. However, it does have a relative existence, based on your willingness to keep the idea going.

Allah then is not some sort of personality that rewards and punishes humans based on their respective acts, at least literally speaking. Submission to Allah (Islam) is simply being in tune to the Reality of creation, for Allah is the only Reality. It is the extent to which a Muslim (one who acts in accordance to Reality) acts in respect to the realities of the universe on every possible level.

And you came here to fix it....

Orangina

Legendary Member
One of Us
Joan Osborne

If God had a name what would it be?
And would you call it to his face?
If you were faced with Him in all His glory
What would you ask if you had just one question?
And yeah, yeah, God is great
Yeah, yeah, God is good
And yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah
What if God was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Tryin' to make his way home?
If God had a face what would it look like?
And would you want to see if, seeing meant
That you would have to believe in things like heaven
And in Jesus and the saints, and all the prophets?
And yeah, yeah, God is great
Yeah, yeah, God is good
And yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah
What if God was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Tryin' to make his way home?
Just tryin' to make his way…