• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Who/what is Allah?

NewLeb

Part II

Argument a).

Now, given that we have have clearly elucidated on our premise that Allah does not represent a god or a deity (like Zeus or Jesus), but rather Truth and Reality itself, we will attempt to answer the question of what this may imply in terms of human worship in the physical realm.

As far as Islam and the Qur’an are concerned, everything was created by the One who possesses the Divine Name of The Creator. All events and singular instances of this life, along with all the happenings and provisions of any particular person, were planned long ago (metaphorically speaking, since time began with the universe) by The Source of creation and the universe, otherwise denoted by “Allah.”

Now, since we have argued that Allah is not a god, then He obviously does not act (or react) to whatever His creation does in a fashion that reflects human personality. As the Qur’an says, Allah is free of all needs. The One Truth has no need for our prayers, nor our submission. Yes, He is self-sufficient. When we sin, He doesn’t feel any personal angst against us, consequently resulting in Him “punishing us.”

Does this mean our prayers and actions have no affect on us? Absolutely not. However, there are misunderstandings concerning concepts like the necessity of prayer or refraining from sinful activities. To expound on this, it’s essential that we keep in mind the following fact: Allah is One, and the only Real Existence.

Since The Truth is Absolute, humans inhabit a physical world that’s rooted in duality. As this is the case, having a mindset where one is in constant tune with The Reality (and not with the lies of this temporary life) can be interpreted- theologically speaking- by being in harmony with the Truth. This process detaches one’s mind from everything in the material realm- whether that be money, family, sect, yes; everything that humans essentially deal with on every level of society and civilization, otherwise regarded as the dunya.

In this vein, prayer then becomes a mechanism whereby one detaches completely from the material world. It’s similar to meditation, and it is indeed our assertion that all human forms of prayer or meditation have positive affects on an individual (we however argue that Islam has the perfect form of prayer). Why? Because all forms (from weak to strong) of attachment to the worldly life (dunya) always result in pain and unwanted circumstances.

Think about it. If one was primarily concerned with the heavens, what would it matter to him if his wife left him, or if he lost all his money? Anxiety is the root of all disease, and anxiety is the result of the ego not getting (or not getting enough of) what it wants. This is why some are so attached to the worldly life, that they would kill themselves if they were to lose all their wealth. Yes, their whole existence was attached to the $, and so when it went away, so did they.

It is precisely because of these reasons that the Qur’an says that humans only hurt themselves because of the recoiling of their own excesses. Their excesses caused them destruction, and since Allah is only Reality and Truth, and not a god who gets emotionally angry with his own creation; He does not wrong humanity, but humanity only wrongs itself.

Last edited:

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Part II

Argument a).

Now, given that we have have clearly elucidated on our premise that Allah does not represent a god or a deity (like Zeus or Jesus), but rather Truth and Reality itself, we will attempt to answer the question of what this may imply in terms of human worship in the physical realm.

As far as Islam and the Qur’an are concerned, everything was created by the One who possesses the Divine Name of The Creator. All events and singular instances of this life, along with all the happenings and provisions of any particular person, were planned long ago (metaphorically speaking, since time began with the universe) by The Source of creation and the universe, otherwise denoted by “Allah.”

Now, since we have argued that Allah is not a god, then He obviously does not act (or react) to whatever His creation does in a fashion that reflects human personality. As the Qur’an says, Allah is free of all needs. The One Truth has no need for our prayers, nor our submission. Yes, He is self-sufficient. When we sin, He doesn’t feel any personal angst against us, consequently resulting in Him “punishing us.”

Does this mean our prayers and actions have no affect on us? Absolutely not. However, there are misunderstandings concerning concepts like the necessity of prayer or refraining from sinful activities. To expound on this, it’s essential that we keep in mind the following fact: Allah is One, and the only Real Existence.

Since The Truth is Absolute, humans inhabit a physical world that’s rooted in duality. As this is the case, having a mindset where one is in constant tune with The Reality (and not with the lies of this temporary life) can be interpreted- theologically speaking- by being in harmony with the Truth. This process detaches one’s mind from everything in the material realm- whether that be money, family, sect, yes; everything that humans essentially deal with on every level of society and civilization, otherwise regarded as the dunya.

In this vein, prayer then becomes a mechanism whereby one detaches completely from the material world. It’s similar to meditation, and it is indeed our assertion that all human forms of prayer or meditation have positive affects on an individual (we however argue that Islam has the perfect form of prayer). Why? Because all forms (from weak to strong) of attachment to the worldly life (dunya) always result in pain and unwanted circumstances.

Think about it. If one was primarily concerned with the heavens, what would it matter to him if his wife left him, or if he lost all his money? Anxiety is the root of all disease, and anxiety is the result of the ego not getting (or not getting enough of) what it wants. This is why some are so attached to the worldly life, that they would kill themselves if they were to lose all their wealth. Yes, their whole existence was attached to the $, and so when it went away, so did they.

It is precisely because of these reasons that the Qur’an says that humans only hurt themselves because of the recoiling of their own excesses. Their excesses caused them destruction, and since Allah is only Reality and Truth, and not a god who gets emotionally angry with his own creation; He does not wrong humanity, but humanity only wrongs itself.

Well put, but you clearly have a problem interpreting other religions, in particular Christianity. Christians, and jews before them in the region, owned the notion of Allah, the one and only Reality and creator of Reality at the same time, long before your religion borrowed it and made it the core of Qur'an and its teachings.

NewLeb

Well put, but you clearly have a problem interpreting other religions, in particular Christianity. Christians, and jews before them in the region, owned the notion of Allah, the one and only Reality and creator of Reality at the same time, long before your religion borrowed it and made it the core of Qur'an and its teachings.

I’m not sure that they did. They owned a very distorted notion of Allah, sure, which necessitated the revealing of Islam. This is especially the case with Christianity, which went so far as to claim that Truth begets children.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
I’m not sure that they did. They owned a very distorted notion of Allah, sure, which necessitated the revealing of Islam. This is especially the case with Christianity, which went so far as to claim that Truth begets children.
it is not that you are simply wrong. it is rather that you are so off that you need to revisit the very definitions and notions of right and wrong, this is how far off you are. luckily for the rest of us, and since there is still no cure for trolling, we simply have to gently brush you off every now and then, that is all there is to it.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
at the moment, the one thing that could be more pathetic than @NewLeb 's trolling is the possibility that he may actually be serious.

NewLeb

it is not that you are simply wrong. it is rather that you are so off that you need to revisit the very definitions and notions of right and wrong, this is how far off you are. luckily for the rest of us, and since there is still no cure for trolling, we simply have to gently brush you off every now and then, that is all there is to it.

You know, you could have given a direct argument to the the specific premise that you find fault with, but you clearly preferred not to. And then you accuse me of trolling. :banghead:

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
You know, you could have given a direct argument to the the specific premise that you find fault with, but you clearly preferred not to. And then you accuse me of trolling. :banghead:
you obviously either have no clue what the Logos is, or you are intentionally playing thick.

the first assumption would require you to humble yourself to the notion that you lack the very basic knowledge about other faiths yet you insist on passing yourself as an expert on the subject, while the second option presents you as a troll for which there is no cure.

neither of these make a valid ground for a good discussion from which myself or others could benefit. i see no third option yet.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
I deleted the rest of your off-topic and ad-hominem remarks, and will respond to this part by asking the following question: what’s your point?
there is no ad-hominems. i was telling you precisely what the truth is: either you do not know in which case you should humble yourself and stop playing the expert, or you are trolling. until the trolling stops, or you open your mind, this discussion will not become constructive.

someone who claims to understand the nature of God and the universe so precisely should be able to get my point on the fly, let alone when the point i am making is crystal clear.

so far, you have erroneously attributed almost every single idea from one faith to another, and that can be easily proven from mainstream references. it is understandable that you do not know much about Christianity, but what you are attributing to your own faith in defining God is also incorret relatively to the islamic sources. which raises the question, what are you doing?

and since the fact remains that you have yet to provide any valid source to any of your claims, regardless of whether they are correct or not, you will be hit by reality over and over, and the reality is simple at least to those who are familiar with the subject, you either have no clue or you are trolling.

either present your references or the conclusion is rather simple; there are none.

Last edited:

NewLeb

there is no ad-hominems. i was telling you precisely what the truth is: either you do not know in which case you should humble yourself and stop playing the expert, or you are trolling. until the trolling stops, or you open your mind, this discussion will not become constructive.

someone who claims to understand the nature of God and the universe so precisely should be able to get my point on the fly, let alone when the point i am making is crystal clear.

so far, you have erroneously attributed almost every single idea from one faith to another, and that can be easily proven from mainstream references. it is understandable that you do not know much about Christianity, but what you are attributing to your own faith in defining God is also incorret relatively to the islamic sources. which raises the question, what are you doing?

and since the fact remains that you have yet to provide any valid source to any of your claims, regardless of whether they are correct or not, you will be hit by reality over and over, and the reality is simple at least to those who are familiar with the subject, you either have no clue or you are trolling.

either present your references or the conclusion is rather simple; there are none.

There you go again; you can’t answer a simple question, and resort to making it all about “me.”

Where exactly did I claim that I know the “nature of God and the universe so precisely.” Since you’re always bringing up “sources,” why don’t you back up this claim of yours. If you can’t, then like I said previously, you sir are a LIAR.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
There you go again; you can’t answer a simple question, and resort to making it all about “me.”

Where exactly did I claim that I know the “nature of God and the universe so precisely.” Since you’re always bringing up “sources,” why don’t you back up this claim of yours. If you can’t, then like I said previously, you sir are a LIAR.
ok, here it is in a nutshell. there is nothing wrong with attempting to mend the image you have of God. however that image you are presenting is in stark contrast with the overwhelming majority of islamic references and scriptures. most of the concepts you are forwarding are simple glimpses of fundamental Christian beliefs. in particular the correlation between God and Truth. "God is Truth" is strictly a Christian notion, as is the idea of the universe being created by the mind and the reason of God (ie the Logos), as well as the extrapolation of the "I Am" idea into creation, which is in Christian theology gives rise to the notion that God is the reality whose very essence is to be.

the fact that you do not realize how fundamental these notions are in Christianity is a clear indicator that you do not know much about other faiths, as was already pointed out to you. in particular when you make unsubstantiated claims of such caliber: "This is especially the case with Christianity, which went so far as to claim that Truth begets children." i will also add that you do not know much about islam either.

but more importantly all of that is irrelevant as religion is not a goal by itself but rather a pointer, a tool to discover the Divine. so while having converged on the notions you are presenting is a good thing by itself as it brings you closer to our perception of the Divine, their misappropriation however, even if in a state of confusion, could only lead to more confusion.

now, you may not have said "i know the precise nature of God and the universe" in those exact words, but what you said leaves little room for doubt that you're under the impression you possess a superior knowledge of the Divine, while in reality you know rather very little, not simply about God - which is a given from a human perspective -, but also about how different faiths perceive God, and you are obviously well set in your preconceived notions, which rather defeats the purpose on a journey that is supposed to be about discovery.

"There seems to be a lot of ignorance and confusion among the general peoples (even among Muslims) in respect to the nature of Allah. Most view Him as a god, whether it be the same Abrahamic god that’s worshipped by Christians or Jews; or a completely different idea of a god as invented by the Arabs.​
Neither opinion is factual. Why? Because Allah is not a god to begin with. etc... "​

Last edited:

NewLeb

ok, here it is in a nutshell. there is nothing wrong with attempting to mend the image you have of God. however that image you are presenting is in stark contrast with the overwhelming majority of islamic references and scriptures.

You keep repeating this nonsense, but repeatedly fail to back it up.

God is truth is strictly a Christian notion

Oh really? Then please explain why Allah is referred to as The Truth in the Qur’an. Indeed, one of His Divine Names itself is Al-Haqq (The Truth):

22:62- It is a fact that Allah is The Truth, while the setting up of any idols beside Him constitutes a falsehood, and that Allah is the Most High, the Supreme.

the fact that you do not realize how fundamental these notions are in Christianity is a clear indicator that you do not know much about other faiths, as was already pointed out to you. in particular when you make unsubstantiated claims of such caliber: "This is especially the case with Christianity, which went so far as to claim that Truth begets children." i will also add that you do not know much about islam either.

Nonsense. Christians may think they worship The Truth, but in reality, they worship a dead man on a cross. And as far as they’re concerned, he’s still dying on the cross; and as long as he’s dying on the cross, they’re not going to change their ways. And their ways have nothing to do with Truth, or Reality, or Oneness. They won’t submit to Truth (Islam) because of their pride, yes, and their pride is in their egoic perception of the Truth.

but more importantly all of that is irrelevant as religion is not a goal by itself but rather a pointer, a tool to discover the Divine.

This is entirely your opinion.

so while having converged on the notions you are presenting is a good thing by itself as it brings you closer to our perception of the Divine, their misappropriation however, even if in a state of confusion, could only lead to more confusion.

now, you may not have said "i know the precise nature of God and the universe" in those exact words, but what you said leaves little room for doubt that you're under the impression you possess a superior knowledge of the Divine, while in reality you know rather very little, not simply about God - which is a given from a human perspective -, but also about how different faiths perceive God, and you are obviously well set in your preconceived notions, which rather defeats the purpose on a journey that is supposed to be about discovery.

This is nonsensical. I or anyone else can never know Truth in totality because Truth is Eternal. All that one can do is raise his degrees of perception and reflect this Truth according to his respective perceptual station. As far as other faiths are concerned, they reflect their own perception of what they regard as truth. Ergo, when a group happens to believe that The Truth is a human dying on the cross, they will reflect that knowledge on their outside reality.

Last edited:

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Oh really? Then please explain why Allah is referred to as The Truth in the Qur’an. Indeed, one of His Divine Names itself is Al-Haqq (The Truth):
22:62- It is a fact that Allah is The Truth, while the setting up of any idols beside Him constitutes a falsehood, and that Allah is the Most High, the Supreme.
pretty much everything in your post is erroneous, except this one part i have quoted, which is also erroneous, but on a different level. the concept of truth in the quran and in this one verse in particular is very different from what Christians mean when they use the term Truth. this is a problematic that i have already pointed out in other threads. every tribe presents arguments that our god is true and others are false. that is not what Christians mean when stating that God is Truth. it rather means that all truths emanate from God, and every truth is sacred because it is rooted in the divine. whereas the deep philosophical and theological meaning of the term itself is a foreign notion to islamic theology which uses the term in its more narrow perspectives. i will illustrate with some examples from the new testament:
  • I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. (Ego Sum VIa Veritas et Vita)
  • you shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free
  • And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
  • For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
  • God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
  • You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
  • Sanctify them in the truth;
  • You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.
the concept of truth in Christianity is therefor pivotal, and it surpasses the simplistic notions of "my god is true and the others are false".

and for the record, what you have been trying to say about allah creation and the universe is actually stated in the first four verses of John 1.
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.​
2 He was in the beginning with God.​
3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.​
4 In him was life,[a] and the life was the light of men.​
u're welcome.

Last edited:

eile

this is a stock caricature in the islamic circles parroted up and down the centuries 'look at Christians, they took a man for a God' when in reality that was never a Christian claim per se. the actual Christian claim, which they ought address and never actually do, goes in reverse: 'God (or the philosophical equivalent of which islam later adopted) has become man'. not that 'a man has become god' (or 'a man is taken as god') which no major proponent of Christianity ever actually defended. Indeed, mainstream Christianity would reject the claim that Jesus is a man-god (rather than God-man), and on entirely principled rather than ad hoc grounds.

wonder how confident that lot must be in their belief when they intentionally misrepresent a proposition because addressing it distorted is more convenient to them and their faith

NewLeb

pretty much everything in your post is erroneous, except this one part i have quoted, which is also erroneous, but on a different level. the concept of truth in the quran and in this one verse in particular is very different from what Christians mean when they use the term Truth. this is a problematic that i have already pointed out in other threads. every tribe presents arguments that our god is true and others are false. that is not what Christians mean when stating that God is Truth. it rather means that all truths emanate from God, and every truth is sacred because it is rooted in the divine. whereas the deep philosophical and theological meaning of the term itself is a foreign notion to islamic theology which uses the term in its more narrow perspectives. i will illustrate with some examples from the new testament:
  • I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. (Ego Sum VIa Veritas et Vita)
  • you shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free
  • And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
  • For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
  • God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
  • You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
  • Sanctify them in the truth;
  • You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.
the concept of truth in Christianity is therefor pivotal, and it surpasses the simplistic notions of "my god is true and the others are false".

and for the record, what you have been trying to say about allah creation and the universe is actually stated in the first four verses of John 1.
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.​
2 He was in the beginning with God.​
3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.​
4 In him was life,[a] and the life was the light of men.​
u're welcome.

You see, this is the kind of mind-jargon that invariably gets in the way of a Christian’s pursuit for Truth. They rely on thought-concepts and notions that spring from the intellect, which consequently restricts them from getting past ego and perceiving Truth as it is, in the present moment.

As far as Islam is concerned, whatever a human being thinks of truth (whether he be a Hindu or Christian) is entirely IRRELEVANT. Ultimately, it is inconsequential what a human being or anything else in creation thinks about truth. The Truth, otherwise denoted as Allah, will always supersede all forms of human conception. Allah is The Only Existence, The One Absolute. He is The Encompasser, and He Encompasses everything. He is the only Truth, the only Light, the Source of all knowledge.

eile

You see, this is the kind of mind-jargon that invariably gets in the way of a Christian’s pursuit for Truth. They rely on thought-concepts and notions that spring from the intellect, which consequently restricts them from getting past ego and perceiving Truth as it is, in the present moment.

As far as Islam is concerned, whatever a human being thinks of truth (whether he be a Hindu or Christian) is entirely IRRELEVANT. Ultimately, it is inconsequential what a human being or anything else in creation thinks about truth. The Truth, otherwise denoted as Allah, will always supersede all forms of human conception. Allah is The Only Existence, The One Absolute. He is The Encompasser, and He Encompasses everything. He is the only Truth, the only Light, the Source of all knowledge.

... except that this view doesn't seem to apply when it is you who are doing the reasoning and presenting a notion of allah and equating it with truth against other notions of allah

as any honest individual may notice about input of this kind, statements like 'it is impossible for human beings to grasp any truth or for human language to communicate truth' are inherently self defeating (some people are even either dumb or wicked enough to explicitly assert the opposite in the very same statement rather than leave it to basic rational reflection for people to notice it). basic rational reflection upon the implication of these statements (in their subtle version) reveal that they are self-contradictory and thereby valueless and meaningless. by using our intelligence, we can know that there is truth, that truth is discoverable rather than merely a human invention, and that it is possible for us to know or grasp truth to a certain extent and communicate it thru language. the reality that some err like you in its regard, doesn't negate this, it only further affirms it, just as it is with mathematical truths, for example; some may deny it, some may not get it, most wont grasp it fully, some may err in its regard, yet we do not go around telling ourselves and the world that because of this, 'mathematical truth is not absolute, not objective, not universal, not discoverable, and not communicable (and that only what i ascribe to absolute truth is absolute truth, to objective truth is objective truth, and to universal truth is universal truth, etc)' or suppress that by pretending that truth is 'unknowable, outside our grasp, uncommunicative etc'

Last edited:

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
eh ou3a tfakker.. is the mind not a gift from God that connects you to the divine? you should stop treating the intellect as a scheme from satan. it is rather a gift that helps you your way to God, in particular when combined with a genuinely good and kind heart.

this is part of the reasons why daesh and a long list of wrong practices are still finding roots in islam in this day and age. islam should stop practicing voluntarism which delegates the intellectual faculties and places the locus of a person outside the self. people should learn to think for themselves to determine right from wrong in the light of the Divine instead of delegating their faculties to someone else.

As far as Islam is concerned, whatever a human being thinks of truth (whether he be a Hindu or Christian) is entirely IRRELEVANT. Ultimately, it is inconsequential what a human being or anything else in creation thinks about truth.
there is a remarkable phenomena in the NT, instead of Christ providing prepackaged answers to the people, He rather often times asked them questions to encourage them to think for themselves and grow in intellect and in wisdom. on one level this is also part of the reason why we do not have books of law (shari3a) in Christianity, unlike islam and judaism.

The Truth, otherwise denoted as Allah, will always supersede all forms of human conception. Allah is The Only Existence, The One Absolute. He is The Encompasser, and He Encompasses everything. He is the only Truth, the only Light, the Source of all knowledge.
when you want to misappropriate something at least understand it well so that you could preach it correctly, in particular to those you are stealing it from. is this not the same problem the quran and the prophet of islam fell into? you can steal as much as you want from Christianity, God gives freely, just do not be in such a hurry to snap it and flee, take your time to understand it before running away.

NewLeb

... except that this view doesn't seem to apply when it is you who are doing the reasoning and presenting a notion of allah and equating it with truth against other notions of allah

No, I’m not doing that. I’m simply putting forth the assertion that there is Reality as it is, and as it always will be, and then there are human notions of reality that make absolutely no difference in the end in terms of Truth. It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks, because creation is a relative existence, and Truth will always be as it always has been, independent of whatever we may think about it.

We can only know Truth by knowing our original selves; not by relying on arguments written a thousand years ago by specific people interpreting particular human events.

as any honest individual may notice about input of this kind, statements like 'it is impossible for human beings to grasp any truth or for human language to communicate truth' are inherently self defeating (some people are even either dumb or wicked enough to explicitly assert the opposite in the very same statement rather than leave it to basic rational reflection for people to notice it). basic rational reflection upon the implication of these statements (in their subtle version) reveal that they are self-contradictory and thereby valueless and meaningless. by using our intelligence, we can know that there is truth, that truth is discoverable rather than merely a human invention, and that it is possible for us to know or grasp truth to a certain extent and communicate it thru language. the reality that some err like you in its regard, doesn't negate this, it only further affirms it, just as it is with mathematical truths, for example; some may deny it, some may not get it, most wont grasp it fully, some may err in its regard, yet we do not go around telling ourselves and the world that because of this, 'mathematical truth is not absolute, not objective, not universal, not discoverable, and not communicable (and that only what i ascribe to absolute truth is absolute truth, to objective truth is objective truth, and to universal truth is universal truth, etc)' or suppress that by pretending that truth is 'unknowable, outside our grasp, uncommunicative etc'

The problem with using one’s intelligence to know Truth is that the method itself is self-defeating. Why? Because it stems from the idea that Truth is known through reason, as opposed to being experienced in the moment, for everything in reality is a reflection of Truth.

All human notions of Truth will always stem from a dualistic mindset and ego. Truth simply is, yes, it’s really that simply. However, human pride necessitates that we interpret it according to our rational faculties and whims, ergo developing all sorts of theories and mental jargon that invariably get in the way of True Reality.

NewLeb

eh ou3a tfakker.. is the mind not a gift from God that connects you to the divine? you should stop treating the intellect as a scheme from satan. it is rather a gift that helps you your way to God, in particular when combined with a genuinely good and kind heart.

Of course it’s a gift. However, a reliance on intellectual faculties can prove detrimental to faith. The truly faithful don’t need to use their rationality in knowing Truth, because they know that whatever their mind conceives of, will be totally encompassed by Reality itself either way.

this is part of the reasons why daesh and a long list of wrong practices are still finding roots in islam in this day and age. islam should stop practicing voluntarism which delegates the intellectual faculties and places the locus of a person outside the self. people should learn to think for themselves to determine right from wrong in the light of the Divine instead of delegating their faculties to someone else.

This has nothing to do with Daesh. Islamic terrorism/fundamentalism are themselves products of an over-reliance on intellect, and reflect an ego-based conception of reality.

there is a remarkable phenomena in the NT, instead of Christ providing prepackaged answers to the people, He rather often times asked them questions to encourage them to think for themselves and grow in intellect and in wisdom. on one level this is also part of the reason why we do not have books of law (shari3a) in Christianity, unlike islam and judaism.

Complete ignorance. You don’t have books on Shariah because Jesus to Christians was not a figure who dealt with the wide-ranging affairs of human conduct (on all levels), but merely a spiritual mentor who educated his followers on specific moralistic concepts.

This is why smug and arrogant Christians like yourself are always eager to point out how Jesus did not engage in violence or politics, but in reality, that wasn’t part of his modus operandi to begin with (unlike Moses and Muhammad)!

when you want to misappropriate something at least understand it well so that you could preach it correctly, in particular to those you are stealing it from. is this not the same problem the quran and the prophet of islam fell into? you can steal as much as you want from Christianity, God gives freely, just do not be in such a hurry to snap it and flee, take your time to understand it before running away.

There’s nothing of much value to steal from Christianity, so I’m not sure where you came up with such an assertion.