Why are Catholic priests more prone to become sexual predators?

Why is pedophilia rampant within the Catholic Church?

• Total voters
Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
Orange Room Supporter
what is circulated on the sexuality of the artists is plain speculation, do your research, there is no evidence to that. leonardo was charged with sodomy, a charge that was as rampant as racism accusation in politics in our day, or as rampant as abuse claims against priests, it was most probably done for political purposes. these claims are propagated mostly by special interest groups, but in reality there is no evidence to any of these claims.

but rationality and evidence play little roles in some communities, in particular many LGBT circles and radical circles that are governed by emotions.
It's funny that I just happened to have finished a biography on Davinci by Walter Isaacson. The burden of research falls on you, my friend. And if you think that homosexuality is a child of today's LGBQ's community, then it necessitates further research on your part.

• Advertisement
  • Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    It's funny that I just happened to have finished a biography on Davinci by Walter Isaacson. The burden of research falls on you, my friend.
    the burden of research falls on the people making the claims. the claims that davinci, michelangelo, and others were homosexuals are unsubstantiated claims and conjectures at best, driven by special interest groups and some eccentric folks.

And if you think that homosexuality is a child of today's LGBQ's community, then it necessitates further research on your part.
    ok :p what is the meaning of this? :p no one made such a claim. but to be on the safe side, if you think that water comes from dried rabbits, then you have to make further research as well :p ana bse3dak fi lal research isa baddak :p

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Yeah, but what I find ironic is that you can't enter a church wearing shorts, while the walls and ceilings are covered with nude paintings.
    Christianity's attitude towards the human body is very troubling.
    you cannot enter a church wearing shorts? first time i hear that. yemken mdayya3 bein el knissi wel jemi3.

additionally, the nude work of arts are do not cover the walls and ceilings of churches, they are rather a tiny exception that can be found in rather a very limited number of churches, and they are praised because of their artistic value.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    you cannot enter a church wearing shorts? first time i hear that. yemken mdayya3 bein el knissi wel jemi3.

additionally, the nude work of arts are do not cover the walls and ceilings of churches, they are rather a tiny exception that can be found in rather a very limited number of churches, and they are praised because of their artistic value.
    Ever been to an Italian or Spanish church?
    Lebanon is the only country where the women wear nightclub attire to church.

Everywhere in Catholic Europe, you have to cover your shoulders and knees before entering a church.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Ever been to an Italian or Spanish church?
    Lebanon is the only country where the women wear nightclub attire to church.

Everywhere in Catholic Europe, you have to cover your shoulders and knees before entering a church.
    is it not amazing the length at which you guys insist on going on things that are really trivial?

this is the reality of things
    1- the paintings in the churches are not meant to be erotic and are not conceived as such.
    2- the claims about the sexual orientation of michaelangelo, leonardo da vinci and others, are unsubstantiated claims.
    3- it goes without saying people are supposed to dress decently in a churches, so anything you can work in your daily lives without raising eyebrows you can wear to church. shorts included.

it is that simple w ma badda shari3a w ma badda running from one topic to another, w ma daroure na3mol men kell kelme jaridi.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    is it not amazing the length at which you guys insist on going on things that are really trivial?

this is the reality of things
    1- the paintings in the churches are not meant to be erotic and are not conceived as such.
    2- the claims about the sexual orientation of michaelangelo, leonardo da vinci and others, are unsubstantiated claims.
    3- it goes without saying people are supposed to dress decently in a churches, so anything you can work in your daily lives without raising eyebrows you can wear to church. shorts included.

it is that simple w ma badda shari3a w ma badda running from one topic to another, w ma daroure na3mol men kell kelme jaridi.
    It's not the case in Italy. Tanks and shorts for men are not OK. Women have to cover their shoulders.

91741a20b5a282b60b232cf21ebbf9f3.jpg

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    View attachment 13193
    It's not the case in Italy. Tanks and shorts for men are not OK. Women have to cover their shoulders.

View attachment 13193
    the point is to be dressed decently. people wear shorts to the saint Peter's basilica without any issues.

see how many shorts are in the photos above? so please stop trying to t3allem el 3alam 3an dinon. ye3ne you can tell us about islam, or about your experience as an atheist, w fi el khaweja miso yfasserlna w ykhaberna 3an el druze, 3an el eshya yalle yemken ta3rfo fiya aktar menna, bass inno jeyeen t3almouna our traditions in church? a bit too presumptuous.

Last edited:
    AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    View attachment 13193

the point is to be dressed decently. people wear shorts to the saint Peter's basilica without any issues.

see how many shorts are in the photos above? so please stop trying to t3allem el 3alam 3an dinon.
    I was just in Italy dude and saw plenty of women getting turned away for baring their shoulders or wearing short skirts. Other churches were handing out scarfs to women to cover their shoulders. I posted an official sign that is currently on St.Peter's door, yet you insist that there's no dress code for the church.
    Also, some of the pictures you posted are from the Vatican Museums, not St. Peter's, itself.
    Conclusion, it's the rule but they don't enforce it all the time.

Also, I know more about Christianity than many Christians out there... It's not a rule that you have to belong to a certain religious group to know more about it.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    I was just in Italy dude and saw plenty of women getting turned away for baring their shoulders or wearing short skirts. Other churches were handing out scarfs to women to cover their shoulders. I posted an official sign that is currently on St.Peter's door, yet you insist that there's no dress code for the church.
    Also, some of the pictures you posted are from the Vatican Museums, not St. Peter's, itself.
    Conclusion, it's the rule but they don't enforce it all the time.

Also, I know more about Christianity than many Christians out there... It's not a rule that you have to belong to a certain religious group to know more about it.
    the only dress code is to dress decently. i myself went into the saint Peter's basilica several times wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

and i posted 4 photos, 3 of them from inside the saint Peter's basilica and only one photo is from the vatican musem hallway, and that tour goes through several chapels, including the sistene chapel.

w please ma ba2a tsheri3.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    These people are queuing outside St. Peter's but 3anzeh law tarit, I guess.

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 7.19.41 PM.png

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    These people are queuing outside St. Peter's but 3anzeh law tarit, I guess.

View attachment 13194
    i have shown you photos taken from within the basilica with people wearing shorts. you do not believe your own eyes?
    and here are two more videos in case the still photos are not enough for you.

and here is the point again, people should be dressed decently, there is no dress code that prohibits shorts. just correct your information and learn something, instead of arguing endlessly.

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    the burden of research falls on the people making the claims. the claims that davinci, michelangelo, and others were homosexuals are unsubstantiated claims and conjectures at best, driven by special interest groups and some eccentric folks.
    In addition to Isaacson's book which I strongly recommend, here's something:
    "In 1476, a week before his 24th birthday, Leonardo, along with three other young men, were anonymously accused of committing sodomy with a 17-year-old male prostitute named Jacopo Saltarelli. Luckily for Leonardo, one of the other accused had a connection with the powerful Medici; they were all let off under “the condition that no further accusations are made.” But a few weeks later, another anonymous complaint was lodged against the four, again in connection with Saltarelli. No witnesses came forward, and the case was dropped for good.
    Although punishments for sodomy could be harsh (including prison, exile, or death), it seems that many other prominent Florentine artists were also known to have been homosexuals (Michelangelo,
    Donatello, Sandro Botticelli, and Benvenuto Cellini, among them). As Renaissance humanists engaged with rediscovered works by Plato, which celebrated “l’amore masculino,” homosexuality became such a fact of Florentine life that the word Florenzer became slang in Germany for “gay.”

ok :p what is the meaning of this? :p no one made such a claim. but to be on the safe side, if you think that water comes from dried rabbits, then you have to make further research as well :p ana bse3dak fi lal research isa baddak :p
    You're the one who's claiming an evil conspiracy being committed by the LGBQ community. You think that stating famous Renaissance artists are being gay is a revisionist method. I'm telling you that if you researched on this topic, you will note certain facts and high probabilities that you would certainly not learn in school.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I challenge @Dark Angel to enter St. Peter's in short shorts and a tank top.
    Willing to pay for his trip if he proves me wrong.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    In addition to Isaacson's book which I strongly recommend, here's something:
    "In 1476, a week before his 24th birthday, Leonardo, along with three other young men, were anonymously accused of committing sodomy with a 17-year-old male prostitute named Jacopo Saltarelli. Luckily for Leonardo, one of the other accused had a connection with the powerful Medici; they were all let off under “the condition that no further accusations are made.” But a few weeks later, another anonymous complaint was lodged against the four, again in connection with Saltarelli. No witnesses came forward, and the case was dropped for good.
    Although punishments for sodomy could be harsh (including prison, exile, or death), it seems that many other prominent Florentine artists were also known to have been homosexuals (Michelangelo,
    Donatello, Sandro Botticelli, and Benvenuto Cellini, among them). As Renaissance humanists engaged with rediscovered works by Plato, which celebrated “l’amore masculino,” homosexuality became such a fact of Florentine life that the word Florenzer became slang in Germany for “gay.”

i can assure you that all of the claims about these people being homosexuals are just claims and there is no evidence. i have already pointed out that sodomy charges were very common among rivals and they were rarely true, they were more often than not fabricated in order to humiliate the person, not much different from what we witness in our current times.

You're the one who's claiming an evil conspiracy being committed by the LGBQ community. You think that stating famous Renaissance artists are being gay is a revisionist method. I'm telling you that if you researched on this topic, you will note certain facts and high probabilities that you would certainly not learn in school.
    let's be a bit more accurate and use language more precisely to communicate the intent more accurately. you have insinuated i was making the point that "homosexuality was the child of modern LGBT groups" when i made no similar claims.

you are now insinuating that i am claiming this to be an evil LGBT conspiracy. i did not make such a claim either. i simply pointed out that special interest groups attempt to pass the sexuality of many artists as a done deal without paying any regard to facts, and they try to integrate these wrong notions in popular culture, to the point where people begin repeating them as facts, when in reality they are nothing but mere conjectures and speculations.

my dear friend, you yourself are under the impression that these claims are true, despite the fact that you pride yourself in being an agnostic who investigates before embracing any notion as true, do you not? so why don't you run your investigation about this subject? why do you think this subject is exempt from verification?

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    i can assure you that all of the claims about these people being homosexuals are just claims and there is no evidence. i have already pointed out that sodomy charges were very common among rivals and they were rarely true, they were more often than not fabricated in order to humiliate the person, not much different from what we witness in our current times.

let's be a bit more accurate and use language more precisely to communicate the intent more accurately. you have insinuated i was making the point that "homosexuality was the child of modern LGBT groups" when i made no similar claims.

you are now insinuating that i am claiming this to be an evil LGBT conspiracy. i did not make such a claim either. i simply pointed out that special interest groups attempt to pass the sexuality of many artists as a done deal without paying any regard to facts, and they try to integrate these wrong notions in popular culture, to the point where people begin repeating them as facts, when in reality they are nothing but mere conjectures and speculations.

my dear friend, you yourself are under the impression that these claims are true, despite the fact that you pride yourself in being an agnostic who investigates before embracing any notion as true, do you not? so why don't you run your investigation about this subject? why do you think this subject is exempt from verification?
    Not an expert on the subject, but I've always thought there was sexual tension between Michaelangelo and DaVinci. They used to dislike each other immensely.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Not an expert on the subject, but I've always thought there was sexual tension between Michaelangelo and DaVinci. They used to dislike each other immensely.
    why, are you an expert on any of the other subjects over which you endlessly argue for pages upon pages? you can check the facts, they are available for everyone to read.

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    You think Hindiusm is Pagan? lol...

Hinduism is the base of all religions in the world... No other religion existed before Hinduism.
    Well "Pagan" is used to denote everything polytheist o NOT from the Three Religions. But I don't agree with the naming. I just use it because they better understand it.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    When people are so obsessed with sexuality that they see it everywhere, including in images of people literally bleeding and tortured to death, it says more about their state of mind than about anything else.

I'm too disturbed to bother with this discussion, at this point. Disgusting sex-obsessed society.

I. JUST. CAN'T. ANYMORE.

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    When people are so obsessed with sexuality that they see it everywhere, including in images of people literally bleeding and tortured to death, it says more about their state of mind than about anything else.

I'm too disturbed to bother with this discussion, at this point. Disgusting sex-obsessed society.

I. JUST. CAN'T. ANYMORE.
    I'm pretty sure a priest that is constantly fighting temptations sees sex everywhere too. Human nature has never changed. And will never change. That's why being a monk is way harder than anyone can imagine.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm pretty sure a priest that is constantly fighting temptations sees sex everywhere too. Human nature has never changed. And will never change. That's why being a monk is way harder than anyone can imagine.
    I'm pretty sure the less you focus on sex the less you care about it.