• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Why can't Lebanon be an advanced country ?!

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It is all in the title.
On the occasion of the independence, I am wondering why we, as Lebanese people, failed to build a country !
If you think about it, a good percentage of the Lebanese people is educated, hundreds of thousands of them have lived in Europe, and Amercia, they have experienced life in advanced countries.
Still when in Lebanon they return to their instinct and follow a$$h*les who lead the country to the cliff ??!!
The question is why?
Why should it be this way and not the way of prosperity and progress ?!
I am still thinking about a reason for a people who can do so well abroad and still f*ckup its own country ?!
Look at the jews, they were able to build their country despite all the threats/danger circling them !
Don't tell me because of foreign aids... Foreign aids won't do sh*t if these people have a$$h*les to lead them.

Can anyone please help me figure out WHY THE FµCK WE ARE UNABLE TO BUILD A COUNTRY ???

Last edited:

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
It is all in the title.
On the occasion of the independence, I am wondering why we, as Lebanese people, failed to build a country !
If you think about it, a good percentage of the Lebanese people is educated, hundreds of thousands of them have lived in Europe, and Amercia, they have experienced life in advanced countries.
Still when in Lebanon they return to their instinct and follow a$$h*les who lead the country to the cliff ??!!
The question is why?
I am still thinking about a reason for a people who can do so well in abroad and still f*ckup it is own country ?!
Look at the jews, they were able to build their country despite all the threats/danger circling them !
Don't tell me because of foreign aids... Foreign aids won't do sh*t if these people have a$$h*les to lead them.

Can anyone please help me figure out WHY THE FµCK WE ARE UNABLE TO BUILD A COUNTRY ???
Every man for himself mentality! Not a country.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It is all in the title.
The question is why?
I am still thinking about a reason for a people who can do so well abroad and still f*ckup its own country ?!

Because we don't know how to build a country. We need Westerners to teach us that. That's why we should have stayed under the French.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Israel is an advanced country because of Westernization. If it was founded by Sephardim, it would be a shithole.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
And even Israel has the middle-class suffering

ACtually we are not here yet, we need to have a country first, what we had was a farm not a country, now it is not even a farm it is a sh$t h*le as you already said

Last edited:

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
ACtually we are not here yet, we need to have a country first, what he has was a farm not a country, now it is not even a farm it is a sh$t h*le as you already said
Their culture is superior to ours and they are smarter than us.

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It is all in the title.
The question is why?

We had one attempt, under Fouad Chenab. But the people’s dna is built on شطارة و حرباء with no sense of loyalty outside of their fiefdom / za3im

Raficoo

Because in people's heads they put MUH ZA3IM, MUH SECT, MUH RELIGION first and then "My country" last, and this mindset causes a division that's amplified tenfold given the demographics here. We need someone who can break strong through the ice whenever there's constant bickering by politicians resulting in blocking/delaying major projects that would otherwise propel the country ahead in its advancement... alas, with the mindset of people here, coupled with the sectarian system, I don't see anything changing anytime soon. It's a blessing and a curse....but mostly a curse.....

Resign

Orange Room Supporter

This is where you're wrong
Successful Lebanese people are a tiny minority
The Lebanese people in their absolute majority are a failure.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
a culture of narcissism, ramboism, egotism, baye a2wa men bayakism, screwoverism, clientelism, religionism and any ither backardism you might think of. Add to that the lack of a common identity.

all in all one magnificent clusterfuk :)
Oberleutnant, I suggest we stage a coup, and fix the country.
Are you with me ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
This is where you're wrong
Successful Lebanese people are a tiny minority
The Lebanese people in their absolute majority are a failure.
wlek ayre eza chi marra byotla3 mennak chi conclusion metl el khal2 😂😂

majority of lebanese live a bourgeois life wherever they go because they’re industrious and know how to make money its okay not be special 😘

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Because in people's heads they put MUH ZA3IM, MUH SECT, MUH RELIGION first and then "My country" last, and this mindset causes a division that's amplified tenfold given the demographics here. We need someone who can break strong through the ice whenever there's constant bickering by politicians resulting in blocking/delaying major projects that would otherwise propel the country ahead in its advancement... alas, with the mindset of people here, coupled with the sectarian system, I don't see anything changing anytime soon. It's a blessing and a curse....but mostly a curse.....
za3im/sect/religion is naught but a byproduct of the culture.
be honest with us, in your close circle how many people would screw u over to make a quick buck and claim social prestige? give me a general figure try to keep emotions out of it.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
wlek ayre eza chi marra byotla3 mennak chi conclusion metl el khal2 😂😂

majority of lebanese live a bourgeois life wherever they go because they’re industrious and know how to make money its okay not be special 😘

They live a fake bourgeois because of the handaset you're complaining about today
Such a failed country where working as a baker or at a gas station is considered a taboo
Cha3eb bieswa sermeyeh cheyif 7alo ba3ed allah.