Why can't Lebanon be an advanced country ?!

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
I think it's probably in part that a bunch of foreign powers empowered a group of swindlers and thiefs with no interest in a state who continue to have that foreign backing and now they're able to keep their grip on power through populist rhetoric and clientelism that appeals to people's existential insecurities.

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
I think it's probably in part that a bunch of foreign powers empowered a group of swindlers and thiefs with no interest in a state who continue to have that foreign backing and now they're able to keep their grip on power through populist rhetoric and clientelism that appeals to people's existential insecurities.

For that to work you need stupid people
which is the case and the root issue in my opinion.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
So the starting point would be creating a system that helps people feel secure about their future and their fate, and more importantly feel safe vis-à-vis the other partner.
Once this system in place, people will stop following warlords and MAFIA bosses

SAVO

Dubai is Islam and it works, they are 100% better than us. Radical, fanatical Islam might be what's wrong.
Edit: Also radical and fanatical Christianity is the problem.

Basically we cannot tolerate each other.

it is not a home made intelligence .. its all imported .

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Dubai is Islam and it works, they are 100% better than us. Radical, fanatical Islam might be what's wrong.
Edit: Also radical and fanatical Christianity is the problem.

Basically we cannot tolerate each other.

No, Dubai is not fairing well because it follows moderate Islam (highly debatable claim), but because it's an absolute monarchy with a relatively good dictator who pampers his citizens in return for their loyalty and obedience.
If it were an Islamic democracy, things would have been different. We saw what happened in Egypt under Morsi.

And if it's slightly more progressive than other Arab countries (another debatable claim knowing its human rights record), it's because locals make up only 10% of the population, and they have the money to pay foreigners to build them skyscrapers and decent infrastructure. If the UAE only consisted of Emiratis and hadn't discovered oil, it would have remained a shithole, because they can do nothing by themselves.

The_FPMer

Kel mellit alla mad7oushe on a really small piece of land that sadly happens to be in the middle east.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
At the risk of sounding politically incorrect, it's because it's a Muslim majority country.
Name me one Muslim-majority country that's progressive and advanced.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Indonesia and Malaysia. Genes supersede culture.

Indonesians still get stoned for adultery, dude.
A strong economy is not indicative of a progressive society.
Saudi Arabia is a G20 country, but it's not what I would call advanced.

agnostic

Legendary Member
At the risk of sounding politically incorrect, it's because it's a Muslim majority country.
No it is just that Lebanon is on a wrong track of sectarian regime pushed to extreme corruption by Hariri baba and the 40 thieves. In such regime nobody work for the common good. Also France and South Europe are living from the advantages and advancements they made in the past. They are now screwed and regressing even if at little dose, because the current regime there bent to the Jewry doesn't work for the common good.

Name me one Muslim-majority country that's progressive and advanced.
Malaysia (even if it was for long period targetted like most Sunni countrie by the Wahhabi propaganda exported by Saudi Arabia).
Beloved Iran.

Ralph N

It is all in the title.
On the occasion of the independence, I am wondering why we, as Lebanese people, failed to build a country !
If you think about it, a good percentage of the Lebanese people is educated, hundreds of thousands of them have lived in Europe, and Amercia, they have experienced life in advanced countries.
Still when in Lebanon they return to their instinct and follow a$$h*les who lead the country to the cliff ??!!
The question is why?
Why should it be this way and not the way of prosperity and progress ?!
I am still thinking about a reason for a people who can do so well abroad and still f*ckup its own country ?!
Look at the jews, they were able to build their country despite all the threats/danger circling them !
Don't tell me because of foreign aids... Foreign aids won't do sh*t if these people have a$$h*les to lead them.

Can anyone please help me figure out WHY THE FµCK WE ARE UNABLE TO BUILD A COUNTRY ???
long story short

ISLAM

NewLeb

In all seriousness though, it’s mostly because Lebanon is a minority-majority country, which is mostly why the West is starting to devolve too (blacks taking control, etc...).

For example, during the Lebanese civil war, hundreds of thousands of peoples (mostly Shiite) were transferred from the rural pockets of the country to the major and advanced city of Beirut. These are the people who are literally ruling Lebanon today.

Not to mention all those Palestinians and now Syrians. The only reason the idiots on this thread are blaming Islam is because minorities overwhelmingly tend to be from the Islamic faith, but their incompetence does not come from Islam....