Why can't Lebanon be an advanced country ?!

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
In all seriousness though, it’s mostly because Lebanon is a minority-majority country, which is mostly why the West is starting to devolve too (blacks taking control, etc...).

For example, during the Lebanese civil war, hundreds of thousands of peoples (mostly Shiite) were transferred from the rural pockets of the country to the major and advanced city of Beirut. These are the people who are literally ruling Lebanon today.

Not to mention all those Palestinians and now Syrians. The only reason the idiots on this thread are blaming Islam is because minorities overwhelmingly tend to be from the Islamic faith, but their incompetence does not come from Islam....

Name me one Sharia-ruled country that's progressive. Thought so. Yalla za77it :)

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
So the starting point would be creating a system that helps people feel secure about their future and their fate, and more importantly feel safe vis-à-vis the other partner.
Once this system in place, people will stop following warlords and MAFIA bosses
Yeah, I mean, that's what I think at least. If the people's relationship to the state is primarily based on their material interests, that takes away the motive for at least some segment of the population to vote based on demagoguery and worry less about the state protecting someone/some group other than them.

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
For that to work you need stupid people
which is the case and the root issue in my opinion.
Nah. lots of people buy into empty populism everywhere (Marine LePen, Boris Johnson, Bolsonaro, Trump, etc). Lebanon and Lebanese are not special nor unique. Not in the sense you're saying (stupid people, uniquely sectarian, brainwashed, etc) nor in the sense of our ancestors (so successful outside of Lebanon, ski and beach in 1 hour, unique businesspeople/traders). They're just normal humans with a shitty imposed system that regurgitates itself through effective demagogues.

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
Nah. lots of people buy into empty populism everywhere (Marine LePen, Boris Johnson, Bolsonaro, Trump, etc). Lebanon and Lebanese are not special nor unique. Not in the sense you're saying (stupid people, uniquely sectarian, brainwashed, etc) nor in the sense of our ancestors (so successful outside of Lebanon, ski and beach in 1 hour, unique businesspeople/traders). They're just normal humans with a shitty imposed system that regurgitates itself through effective demagogues.

Let me ask you a question
do you see FPM as a populist party ?
I'm looking for a yes or no answer

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
Let me ask you a question
do you see FPM as a populist party ?
I'm looking for a yes or no answer
I knew answering you was going to be a stupid mistake (maybe we are uniquely dumb after all!), but I went ahead anyway. Why don't you tell me why you think that's relevant to my point first and we can go from there on your I-think-I-gotcha question.

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
I knew answering you was going to be a stupid mistake (maybe we are uniquely dumb after all!), but I went ahead anyway. Why don't you tell me why you think that's relevant to my point first and we can go from there on your I-think-I-gotcha question.

Can you answer my question please ?
I specifically asked for a yes or no answer because i knew there will be laf w dawaran involved.

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
Can you answer my question please ?
I specifically asked for a yes or no answer because i knew there will be laf w dawaran involved.
Why don't you indulge me and answer why you think that's relevant to the point I'm making then I'll indulge you with an answer. Otherwise, you're just trying to "gotcha" me and not making a point that is in anyway tethered to what I was saying. I'll be back later to check if you attempted to make a connection!

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
Why don't you indulge me and answer why you think that's relevant to the point I'm making then I'll indulge you with an answer. Otherwise, you're just trying to "gotcha" me and not making a point that is in anyway tethered to what I was saying. I'll be back later to check if you attempted to make a connection!

i don't do gotchas here
i educate

Anyway,
i got no time for a hundred of back and forth
I rest my case, i think i got what i was looking for.

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
i educate
That you think this is maybe the strongest proof yet of your original statement, so I stand at least partially corrected.
Anyway,
i got no time for a hundred of back and forth
I rest my case, i think i got what i was looking for.
I don't know what you think you got other than deterring the discussion, but congrats!