Why can't Lebanon be an advanced country ?!

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It is all in the title.
On the occasion of the independence, I am wondering why we, as Lebanese people, failed to build a country !
If you think about it, a good percentage of the Lebanese people is educated, hundreds of thousands of them have lived in Europe, and Amercia, they have experienced life in advanced countries.
Still when in Lebanon they return to their instinct and follow a$$h*les who lead the country to the cliff ??!!
The question is why?
Why should it be this way and not the way of prosperity and progress ?!
I am still thinking about a reason for a people who can do so well abroad and still f*ckup its own country ?!
Look at the jews, they were able to build their country despite all the threats/danger circling them !
Don't tell me because of foreign aids... Foreign aids won't do sh*t if these people have a$$h*les to lead them.

Can anyone please help me figure out WHY THE FµCK WE ARE UNABLE TO BUILD A COUNTRY ???

Look at some of the forumers. They are supposed to be part of the educated class. Some of them literally support daesh, or daesh like entities and behaviours.

How do you build a country, let alone an advanced one, with such people?

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
It is all in the title.
On the occasion of the independence, I am wondering why we, as Lebanese people, failed to build a country !
If you think about it, a good percentage of the Lebanese people is educated, hundreds of thousands of them have lived in Europe, and Amercia, they have experienced life in advanced countries.
Still when in Lebanon they return to their instinct and follow a$$h*les who lead the country to the cliff ??!!
The question is why?
Why should it be this way and not the way of prosperity and progress ?!
I am still thinking about a reason for a people who can do so well abroad and still f*ckup its own country ?!
Look at the jews, they were able to build their country despite all the threats/danger circling them !
Don't tell me because of foreign aids... Foreign aids won't do sh*t if these people have a$$h*les to lead them.

Can anyone please help me figure out WHY THE FµCK WE ARE UNABLE TO BUILD A COUNTRY ???
i have already told you the answer in another thread and yet you are still asking.

the very reason why you cannot build anything, let alone a country, is because you cannot freely cooperate with others towards a common higher objective.

to draw an analogy in theology, ours is a real embodiment of the "tower of babel" as narrated in Genesis. people speaking the same language yet unable to understand each other, in contrast to the Pentecost scene, where everybody was able to understand what the disciples said, even if they said it in a different language. the gifts of the Holy Spirit (wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord) enable you to make your world better with time. even in secular communities, without these attributes not much will be accomplished.

but how do you expect to accomplish that when you are blinded by hatred and spend all your time mocking and attacking people who have done no harm. you are a representative sample of the majority of the Lebanese my friend. nothing positive will ever come out of this attitude. you need to take a step back, calm yourself and approach with a renewed spirit.

i think that the striking image of people celebrating the failure of the bisri dam project all while complaining that they have no water says it all. did you not also celebrate the cancellation of the bisri dam?

Last edited:

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
i have already told you the answer in another thread and yet you are still asking.

the very reason why you cannot build anything, let alone a country, is because you cannot freely cooperate with others towards a common higher objective.

to draw an analogy in theology, ours is a real embodiment of the "tower of babel" as narrated in Genesis. people speaking the same language yet unable to understand each other, in contrast to the Pentecost scene, where everybody was able to understand what the disciples said, even if they said it in a different language. the gifts of the Holy Spirit (wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord) enable you to make your world better with time. even in secular communities, without these attributes not much will be accomplished.

but how do you expect to accomplish that when you are blinded by hatred and spend all your time mocking and attacking people who have done no harm. you are a representative sample of the majority of the Lebanese my friend. nothing positive will ever come out of this attitude. you need to take a step back, calm yourself and approach with a renewed spirit.

i think that the striking image of people celebrating the failure of the bisri dam project all while complaining that they have no water says it all. did you not also celebrate the cancellation of the bisri dam?

Father Dark Angel, mashina halla2
I follow trustworthy leaders who believe in high principles and values and lead by example, unlike those you implicitly point to.
Bring me someone like this person, and I will collaborate with him/her

Last edited:

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The recent incidents in Bchareh provide some insight at how far-Right Christians started the Civil War atrocities then cried victim.

A Syrian refugee commits a crime.
Becharreh people respond by burning down Syrian homes.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The recent incidents in Bchareh provide some insight at how far-Right Christians started the Civil War atrocities then cried victim.

There's a picture circulating of people burning stuff, but it's from the October 17 protests, so this could be fake news.

Also, it would be weird for the townspeople to burn down properties owned by their community, just to spite the Syrian renters.

The_FPMer

It's a culmination of incidents. I've been hearing about problems between Syrians and locals for a long time.

NewLeb

The Jews are a tribe that stick close to one another. It’s difficult to “build a country” when not everyone is on the same page ideologically-speaking.

Instead of recognizing and accepting the differences between divergent Lebanese groups, there are too many narrow-minded haters who readily view the other side as “ugly” or detrimental to the advancement of “progress.”

Yes, many will tell you how “educated” and open-minded they are, but that tolerance does not extend to ideas that they may perceive as unpleasant to look at, regardless of what it is.

Indeed, consider the daft user @Indie, who in post #62 questioned how “educated” peoples can ever support ideas that personally make her hide under the bed. This user is the naive and ignorant type I refer to, who claims to be enlightened and tolerant of divergent beliefs, but clearly only to the extent that which her feeble mind finds them nice too look at.

They are so full of it, and they don’t even know it....

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The Jews are a tribe that stick close to one another. It’s difficult to “build a country” when not everyone is on the same page ideologically-speaking.

Instead of recognizing and accepting the differences between divergent Lebanese groups, there are too many narrow-minded haters who readily view the other side as “ugly” or detrimental to the advancement of “progress.”

Yes, many will tell you how “educated” and open-minded they are, but that tolerance does not extend to ideas that they may perceive as unpleasant to look at, regardless of what it is.

Indeed, consider the daft user @Indie, who in post #62 questioned how “educated” peoples can ever support ideas that personally make her hide under the bed. This user is the naive and ignorant type I refer to, who claims to be enlightened and tolerant of divergent beliefs, but clearly only to the extent that which her feeble mind finds them nice too look at.

They are so full of it, and they don’t even know it....
Do you practice what you preach, yourself ? ;)

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
I've been looking for you.
Can you tell who are those guys in the video below and which is the one you worship?

Ok so this is Exhibit 1 of the demigod worshippers.

Exhibit 1 totally ignores the fact that his party extended Riad Salemeh's term and also ignores the fact that theres is a video of Georges Adwan asking for Riad Salemeh to be questioned 5 years ago before it was cool, exhibit 1 also ignores that his party's tv station attacked Adwan for this proposal.

One of Exhibit 1's relatives was probabaly stopped at an LF checkpoint 50 years ago and this transformed him into a human blind to his party's hypocracies.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Ok so this is Exhibit 1 of the demigod worshippers.

Exhibit 1 totally ignores the fact that his party extended Riad Salemeh's term and also ignores the fact that theres is a video of Georges Adwan asking for Riad Salemeh to be questioned 5 years ago before it was cool, exhibit 1 also ignores that his party's tv station attacked Adwan for this proposal.

One of Exhibit 1's relatives was probabaly stopped at an LF checkpoint 50 years ago and this transformed him into a human blind to his party's hypocracies.

Right, there is a difference between one politician with no official post to say whatever he likes and a President who extends to Salameh, despite that his political party has been attacking Salameh for years.
Bass badak min yefham...
The problem with these guys is that they don't consider themselves responsible of anything. They are one of a kind....

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Right, there is a difference between one politician with no official post to say whatever he likes and a President who extends to Salameh, despite that his political party has been attacking Salameh for years.
Bass badak min yefham...
The problem with these guys is that they don't consider themselves responsible of anything. They are one of a kind....

The more I go through this man's archive, the more I realize what a complete failure he is.
I don't care about his intentions. He's a failure.

The_FPMer

Bass badak min yefham...
Michel Aoun had no other choice but to extend to Salemeh. I agree he's a master bullshitter and ups the ante a lot in terms of bravado but in reality he fought to get him replaced but everyone objected. Whether he fought because he wanted to put Charbel Kordahi or any other FPMer in his place or he really had a reformist program prepared, no one knows, but he truly wanted to replace Salemeh.

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
Michel Aoun had no other choice but to extend to Salemeh. I agree he's a master bullshitter and ups the ante a lot in terms of bravado but in reality he fought to get him replaced but everyone objected. Whether he fought because he wanted to put Charbel Kordahi or any other FPMer in his place or he really had a reformist program prepared, no one knows, but he truly wanted to replace Salemeh.

He always has the chance to resign and depart to some dumpster that looks better than the dumpster waiting for him in future history books.
If he's a man of honour and principles he simply resigns rather than signing on something that opposes his beliefs
Note, the renewal for Salemeh was forced on the government table from outside the meeting's agenda by no one other than Aoun himself.

but i already know that he's no man of principles, all he cares about is his chair, maybe the only principle he possesses

NewLeb

Do you practice what you preach, yourself ? ;)

Certainly. Although I may not “agree” with their specific line of thinking, I can still see that- in the grand scheme of things- it’s all the Will of God, happening in real time.

In other words, I can get along with far-right Maronite Phalangists; wack-job Sunni daeshis; or even Shiite neanderthals who worship the ground Mr. Nasrallah walks on.

It’s all a reflection of True Reality, so instead of seeing the negative all the time, why don’t you instead focus on the Light that is behind it all?!

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Certainly. Although I may not “agree” with their specific line of thinking, I can still see that- in the grand scheme of things- it’s all the Will of God, happening in real time.

In other words, I can get along with far-right Maronite Phalangists; wack-job Sunni daeshis; or even Shiite neanderthals who worship the ground Mr. Nasrallah walks on.

It’s all a reflection of True Reality, so instead of seeing the negative all the time, why don’t you instead focus on the Light that is behind it all?!
Are those adjectives you used, a good way to bridge the differences between divided people :D
When lebanese people put in their minds, and are convinced that we need to live together, and build a country where everyone is free to practice his religion in private but the national issues do not have to be rooted in sectarian strife this is when we would have taken a step in the right direction.
I feel that the late 90s early 2000 we were happier, we used to celebrate our holidays (Fitr, Christmas) together.
Ya khayeh religion is one thing, politics is another, why would it be a Christian, Sunni, Druze, Shiite leaders, why not having leaders that address the needs of their people independent of their sects ?!

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
That's how Phalangists justified the bus and Karantina massacres, too.
Dum ass reading history from the sore end. Prior to the bus , Yasser arafet declared beirut fatah land and the road to Israel runs through jounieh. Ken jahsh w mkatar. Long live Israel.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Dum ass reading history from the sore end. Prior to the bus , Yasser arafet declared beirut fatah land and the road to Israel runs through jounieh. Ken jahsh w mkatar. Long live Israel.

Did Palestinians kill any Christian civilians prior to the bus attack?
Which massacre took place first? The Karantina massacre or the Damour Massacre?
I thought so. Now how about a nice cup of STFU?
The crimes of LF/Kataeb are well documented and no amount of historical revisionism can help resuscitate their fascist image.

Last edited: