• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

why did/didnt got married ?

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
الله يا مهندس
"يا عذاب في غيابك دون ادنى شك واقع
تدري ان الوصل غايه والتباعد ما اطيقه"

nice song @Omeros

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
Notorious

Notorious

First of his Name
Orange Room Supporter
As much as we think we are rational creatures and we made the rational decisions to get or not to get married, the truth is it was most likely an emotional decisions with much external influence.

On good days, it’s so obvious « why » I got married. But in bad days I question everything especially my decision to get into what, at that moment, seems like such a mess.

If ever we left each other it would also be an emotional decision first it before being a rational one. We would either drive each other crazy or one of us would find another person that we share a “deep” connection with (until we don’t anymore).

So, in my case, I got married because I met a Lebanese woman that wanted to get married. She was conditioned to want that by her environment and her family. I didn’t care whether I did or didn’t at the time at the time but went with the flow, because I enjoyed our relationship and I felt she had the fundamental qualities I though were essential to form a strong relationship. We also had a very strong connection and we were happy to spend time together so we decided to embark on what seemed to be a natural journey together.

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
As much as we think we are rational creatures and we made the rational decisions to get or not to get married, the truth is it was most likely an emotional decisions with much external influence.

On good days, it’s so obvious « why » I got married. But in bad days I question everything especially my decision to get into what, at that moment, seems like such a mess.

If ever we left each other it would also be an emotional decision first it before being a rational one. We would either drive each other crazy or one of us would find another person that we share a “deep” connection with (until we don’t anymore).

So, in my case, I got married because I met a Lebanese woman that wanted to get married. She was conditioned to want that by her environment and her family. I didn’t care whether I did or didn’t at the time at the time but went with the flow, because I enjoyed our relationship and I felt she had the fundamental qualities I though were essential to form a strong relationship. We also had a very strong connection and we were happy to spend time together so we decided to embark on what seemed to be a natural journey together.
2 traditional ma fi sex bel piscine and cha7tet everyone :D ?

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I think you’re confusing marriage and a meaningful relationship.
nop
i think ur doing a perception 3laye :D
as per what i think , meaningful relationship hye will lead to a marriage other wise alla ma be 3ale2ne hek 3al2a

Notorious

Notorious

First of his Name
Orange Room Supporter
nop
i think ur doing a perception 3laye :D
as per what i think , meaningful relationship hye will lead to a marriage other wise alla ma be 3ale2ne hek 3al2a
I still think you’re confusing both.

You can have a meaningful relationship without getting married. Marriage is just a human invention. Either you’re religious and you believe that “God” now approved your union, OR you are signing a merger contract similar to when a company acquires another one. It has nothing to do with meaning.

Also, in some cultures, (including ours) people mary based on other elements such as status, family decision (planned marriages) etc.

Meaningful relationships can also just be temporary. That’s okay too.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You can have a meaningful relationship without getting married.

Not really, no. What's the meaning? "I'll use you emotionlly / for sex / for money / as a distraction / to gratify my ego...until I am bored / you are no longer convenient / I find someone better...then I'll dump you."

There is no meaning in such relationships. Just one or both people taking advantage of the other.

Notorious

Notorious

First of his Name
Orange Room Supporter
Not really, no. What's the meaning? "I'll use you emotionlly / for sex / for money / as a distraction / to gratify my ego...until I am bored / you are no longer convenient / I find someone better...then I'll dump you."

There is no meaning in such relationships. Just one or both people taking advantage of the other.
Why does marriage add anything to the relationship.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Why does marriage add anything to the relationship.

Because you are promising, in front of God, to be there for each other no matter what. No one gets to leave when things get tough. And the kids know for sure they will have both parents around, which is the ideal way to raise them.

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I still think you’re confusing both.

You can have a meaningful relationship without getting married. Marriage is just a human invention. Either you’re religious and you believe that “God” now approved your union, OR you are signing a merger contract similar to when a company acquires another one. It has nothing to do with meaning.

Also, in some cultures, (including ours) people mary based on other elements such as status, family decision (planned marriages) etc.

Meaningful relationships can also just be temporary. That’s okay too.
كل اللي قلته ما بيعنولي عزيزي انا شكلت مفاهيمي الخاصة لي صعب عليك تفهم
هيدا رأي وهيدي حياتي
بدي عيش متل ما انا بدي مش متل ما حدن مربى

Notorious

Notorious

First of his Name
Orange Room Supporter
Because you are promising, in front of God, to be there for each other no matter what. No one gets to leave when things get tough. And the kids know for sure they will have both parents around, which is the ideal way to raise them.
You are aware that people can divorce. and what about those that don’t believe in God?

Notorious

Notorious

First of his Name
Orange Room Supporter
كل اللي قلته ما بيعنولي عزيزي انا شكلت مفاهيمي الخاصة لي صعب عليك تفهم
هيدا رأي وهيدي حياتي
بدي عيش متل ما انا بدي مش متل ما حدن مربى
Of course you should absolutely try to live the way you want. I’m discussing the more general meaning of the word and questioning things we take for granted.

I meant no offense to you or to Indie :).

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You are aware that people can divorce.

Not if you're in a Catholic marriage.

Even if the government grants you a divorce, it is not recognized by the Church.

Vows are not a joke. You don't promise someone you'll be there for them for life, then change your mind.

and what about those that don’t believe in God?

They end up in the sick society we have today.

I told you so

I told you so

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Marriage is a binding legal contract like any other. Guarantees none of the above. It only makes the process to "leave each other" much harder and more expensive.

What you're describing above is your hope of a marriage working out. But at least half of all marriages do not work out, and I'd bet at least half of marriages that "are working out" include one or two unhappy spouses. No one should ever stay in an unhappy marriage.