why did/didnt got married ?

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Marriage is a binding legal contract like any other. Guarantees none of the above. It only makes the process to "leave each other" much harder and more expensive.
This is what "marriage" is for secular governments. It has nothing to do with Christian marriage.

What you're describing above is your hope of a marriage working out. But at least half of all marriages do not work out, and I'd bet at least half of marriages that "are working out" include one or two unhappy spouses. No one should ever stay in an unhappy marriage.
1- People should choose their spouse more wisely.

2 - Most marriages that end up in divorce are for stupid and selfish reasons, not because of any grave reasons. The parents are immature and the kids pay the price.

• Advertisement
  • Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    الله يا مهندس
    "يا عذاب في غيابك دون ادنى شك واقع
    تدري ان الوصل غايه والتباعد ما اطيقه"

nice song @Omeros
    ماجد قمة في العاطفة كريم كريم والنبل والاحساس

Mukifesto2

Mukifesto2

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This is what "marriage" is for secular governments. It has nothing to do with Christian marriage.
    Catholic marriage is a binding contract that the church forces those who enter it to remain in it, even if problems arise and the marriage is not working.

AFAIK, nowadays churches do grant divorces, though it's a lengthier and more expensive process, and it is subject to approval from church authorities. Could be wrong.

2 - Most marriages that end up in divorce are for stupid and selfish reasons, not because of any grave reasons. The parents are immature and the kids pay the price.
    1- Being wise in choosing a spouse isn't a guarantee that a marriage will work out, or will continue to work out in the future. There are no guarantees. All you have is hope 🙂, or the choice to be in an unhappy marriage simply to satisfy a religious requirement by the Catholic Church.

2- Point being: Marriages can fail, and they fail more often than not. Reasons may be stupid or selfish to you, but they aren't to others. It is a subjective matter, and it's not always easy to draw the line between what is selfish and what is not. For example, if your spouse develops a drug addiction and your repeated attempts at helping him ended in failure because he refused to help himself or it was too hard, would you be selfish if you left him? Some would say leaving a spouse in such a vulnerable condition is selfish no matter what. Others think attempting to help him overcome addiction makes it OK to leave if such efforts failed for whatever reason. We can't predict the future, nor can we prepare for everything. Making the choice to remain in an unhappy marriage also harms the children because, guess what, your unhappiness spills over into other facets of your life, be it your interaction with children, spouse, coworkers, or community. You can only play 'pretend' for so long. Children need a stable, loving, nurturing environment and that can be provided in a marriage (Catholic or otherwise) or outside. And when a marriage is no longer providing such environment, it is time to let go of it and stop using the children as an excuse.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Catholic marriage is a binding contract that the church forces those who enter it to remain in it, even if problems arise and the marriage is not working.
    No one is forcing anything. You CHOOSE to make the promise "for better or for worse until death do us part."

If you are not ready to keep that promise, don't make it.

AFAIK, nowadays churches do grant divorces, though it's a lengthier and more expensive process, and it is subject to approval from church authorities. Could be wrong.
    There is no divorce in the Catholic Church. You can get an annulment in very extreme cases, but that is not the same as divorce.

"Declaration of Nullity" is not the dissolution of an existing marriage but rather a determination that consent was never validly exchanged due to a failure to meet the requirements to enter validly into matrimony and thus a marriage never existed."

1- Being wise in choosing a spouse isn't a guarantee that a marriage will work out, or will continue to work out in the future. There are no guarantees. All you have is hope 🙂, or the choice to be in an unhappy marriage simply to satisfy a religious requirement by the Catholic Church.
    No. All you have is not hope. You have a brain and the ability to communicate with your partner before marriage, to make sure you are on the same page regarding the most important aspects of your life together. And you have your will, which means you choose to behave towards your spouse the way you promised you would, so that disagreements don't turn into irreparable conflict.

Marriage is not about luck or chance. It's about choices you make, both before and after the wedding.

2- Point being: Marriages can fail, and they fail more often than not. Reasons may be stupid or selfish to you, but they aren't to others. It is a subjective matter, and it's not always easy to draw the line between what is selfish and what is not. For example, if your spouse develops a drug addiction and your repeated attempts at helping him ended in failure because he refused to help himself or it was too hard, would you be selfish if you left him? Some would say leaving a spouse in such a vulnerable condition is selfish no matter what. Others think attempting to help him overcome addiction makes it OK to leave if such efforts failed for whatever reason. We can't predict the future, nor can we prepare for everything. Making the choice to remain in an unhappy marriage also harms the children because, guess what, your unhappiness spills over into other facets of your life, be it your interaction with children, spouse, coworkers, or community. You can only play 'pretend' for so long. Children need a stable, loving, nurturing environment and that can be provided in a marriage (Catholic or otherwise) or outside. And when a marriage is no longer providing such environment, it is time to let go of it and stop using the children as an excuse.
    Most divorces are caused by these reasons:

- Either the partners got married for the wrong reasons...

- Or they got married without a real understanding of what marriage is...

- Or they got married without a real understanding of who their partner is...

This could be avoided with proper education on marriage, but instead we have the liberal media teaching people the opposite.

As for children, they don't care why you want a divorce. It's a bad deal for them to live with parents who hate each other and it's a bad deal for them if their parents divorce. So you shouldn't get married or have children if you don't have the kind of relationship that can sustain parenthood.

Last edited:
    !Aoune32

!Aoune32

No one is forcing anything. You CHOOSE to make the promise "for better or for worse until death do us part."

If you are not ready to keep that promise, don't make it.

There is no divorce in the Catholic Church. You can get an annulment in very extreme cases, but that is not the same as divorce.

"Declaration of Nullity" is not the dissolution of an existing marriage but rather a determination that consent was never validly exchanged due to a failure to meet the requirements to enter validly into matrimony and thus a marriage never existed."

No. All you have is not hope. You have a brain and the ability to communicate with your partner before marriage, to make sure you are on the same page regarding the most important aspects of your life together. And you have your will, which means you choose to behave towards your spouse the way you promised you would, so that disagreements don't turn into irreparable conflict.

Marriage is not about luck or chance. It's about choices you make, both before and after the wedding.

Most divorces are caused by these reasons:

- Either the partners got married for the wrong reasons...

- Or they got married without a real understanding of what marriage is...

- Or they got married without a real understanding of who their partner is...

This could be avoided with proper education on marriage, but instead we have the liberal media teaching people the opposite.

As for children, they don't care why you want a divorce. It's a bad deal for them to live with parents who hate each other and it's a bad deal for them if their parents divorce. So you shouldn't get married or have children if you don't have the kind of relationship that can sustain parenthood.
    Marriage is also about communication, sometimes giving in and not being stubborn headed. It is hard work and a job by itself hence most people are getting divorced currently or not marrying at all. It is hard work and doesnt matter who you take. the most important is that the main qualities are there and the similarities are at least 70-80-90% the same. If you are starting with no common qualities with your partner than the marriage is doomed and you should havent gotten married in the first place.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

or never was into a relationship
    also could be the case. sex is the most stupid reason ever. akide chi 7ada jarab thinks about this reason as no westerner bifaker heike.

Last edited:
    !Aoune32

!Aoune32

Marriage is a binding legal contract like any other. Guarantees none of the above. It only makes the process to "leave each other" much harder and more expensive.

What you're describing above is your hope of a marriage working out. But at least half of all marriages do not work out, and I'd bet at least half of marriages that "are working out" include one or two unhappy spouses. No one should ever stay in an unhappy marriage.
    it isn’t just a legal contract. half of
    the marriages dont work out for many reasons each to his own. the other half there are 1 or 2 spouses which are not happy? that isnt the case. i am very happily married and have no issues at all with my wife. best thing i ever did and i wish i did it sooner.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If I get attracted to someone so strongly as for me to consider marrying her, it'd be for me to find her charming and mentally and sexually attractive, in equally huge proportions, with a big portion intelligence, innate humor and inner peace.
    What then decides my full step into marriage is for me to know that she is as attracted to me at least as much as I to her, preferably even more. Add to that a combination of guts feeling and knowledge of the person's character with respect to honoring unconditional, blind loyalty and trust.

Notorious

Notorious

First of his Name
    Orange Room Supporter

Some people are just plain problematic and they don’t know how to be happy. How are they suppose to be I
    it isn’t just a legal contract. half of
    the marriages dont work out for many reasons each to his own. the other half there are 1 or 2 spouses which are not happy? that isnt the case. i am very happily married and have no issues at all with my wife. best thing i ever did and i wish i did it sooner.
    Hi Aoune :)

What MELF is saying is that there are weddings that don’t work out at all and end in divorce, but of those that don’t end up in divorce, some are unhappy marriages. He is not saying that there are no happy marriages. He is just saying it is not the majority overall (which is true).

I too am extremely happily married. However, if I was with the same wonderful woman but not married, it would have been the same amazing relationship. It’s not the fact that we got married in front of a priest that the relationship got to an all time high.

I do agree that relationships require a lot of work, communication, and unexpected challenges that need to be tackled. That’s the beauty of them. Every time you overcome an obstacle, your relationship becomes more solid.