• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Why did FPM hit the streets yesterday ? and what was achieved ?

Do you still trust FPM's moves & decisions ?

• Yes

• No

• I dont know

Results are only viewable after voting.

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
Jo, I think you should preemptively start a new thread titled:
"Why is Aoun calling for a new demonstration? What is he asking the people to support him with?"

This way at least this time around the people will know why the new day of "Ghadab" is being asked of them, before they hit the streets and go on a convoy kazdoura!

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
Jo, I think you should preemptively start a new thread titled:
"Why is Aoun calling for a new demonstration? What is he asking the people to support him with?"

This way at least this time around the people will know why the new day of "Ghadab" is being asked of them, before they hit the streets and go on a convoy kazdoura!

Where is the explanation thread?? :)

Lebnaouneh

Legendary Member
The smart people who went to the streets already know. The demands are theirs, not FPM's. As for the rest like you, they don't have to know or think or do... we will do all the knowing, thinking and work for them. It wouldn't be the first time we did :)

Amirkani, after seeing that it took a 7th May to get results for the demonstrations, how assad's regime was easily brought down when the US decision came, how even russia was destabilized, ukraine taken from it, iran rushing into the arms of the west, and after the civil war experience, christians in lebanon simply do not believe anymore that they can change anything through their sacrifices, especially when they know no influential country is supporting them.
Better play it safe and when the decision will come from the US, left or right (the flourishing of the christians in lebanon or their exile), it will happen regardless. No need for pointless sacrifices.
This is the perception that aoun and FPM will have to change in order to get results on the ground, that is if it is a false perception to begin with...one I feel that aoun has even started to believe.

This is apart from the bad preparation and presentation of the cause of the demo:
- Making it look personal: it came after the army chief incident, looked upon as a gain for GMA he got pissed he didn't have. How would non hardcore fmpers be willing to risk going on the streets for that? The demos should have been called upon after the extension of the parliament if they were to be perceived genuinely for a greater cause.
- Aoun seeming too compromising: the week or 2 in between the two demos where aoun seemed to be negotiating a deal. When it failed sar lezim el ness tenzal? Who would want to be canon fodder for aoun to get a better deal?
- Too much cult of personality in the demos: aoun was referred to as almost a god in the speeches + nicolas's picture that got viral.

That being said, we always look at the activists as our last source of hope, hoping that something somehow might come out of their actions. All the best to them and hope this was a bit useful in shedding light on how a spectator citizen might be perceiving the events in order to get better results in future moves.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Better play it safe and when the decision will come from the US, left or right (the flourishing of the christians in lebanon or their exile), it will happen regardless. No need for pointless sacrifices.
This is the perception that aoun and FPM will have to change in order to get results on the ground, that is if it is a false perception to begin with...one I feel that aoun has even started to believe.

Good points about the Aoun-centric cult. But I chose to reply to only the above.
One of the ideas behind the ignition of Lebanese civil war in 1975 was to solve the Palestinian issue by deploying Christian Lebanese elsewhere and replacing them with the regions refugees. You didn't bow then and fought. You're still here today.

Keep it up, if needed, find other allies or someone prepared to support you for a reasonable price, not everything the Americans want always get realized; at the end of the day it all depends on your own will to sustain hits and prevail.

Lebnaouneh

Legendary Member
Good points about the Aoun-centric cult. But I chose to reply to only the above.
One of the ideas behind the ignition of Lebanese civil war in 1975 was to solve the Palestinian issue by deploying Christian Lebanese elsewhere and replacing them with the regions refugees. You didn't bow then and fought. You're still here today.

Keep it up, if needed, find other allies or someone prepared to support you for a reasonable price, not everything the Americans want always get realized; at the end of the day it all depends on your own will to sustain hits and prevail.

The thing is, our size became too negligible to be even able to pay a price, our fate is completely up in the air in the hands of the big powers.
Also, if you add to it that one superpower is dominating the international scene, then yes whatever it wants will happen at the end and activism in such a small country like lebanon would become meaningless. This is in my opinion how the christian population is seeing things in Lebanon today and this is how we can understand their behavior whether the poor level of activism on the ground or even the way they vote (many accepting to exchange their vote for money).

lebanon01

I have a feeling that HA will join this demo and wont let fpm protest alone ...

If this happens , fpm will bypass a serious embarassing situation...

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
I have a feeling that HA will join this demo and wont let fpm protest alone ...

If this happens , fpm will bypass a serious embarassing situation...

It would be a wilayat elfaqih taklif shar3i demonstration, not an FPM one, unless the Bassili club has become the HA branch of Rabieh :)

Either way, a much embarrassing situation...

leb-wi-noss

Legendary Member

Be ready for change ...

Official campaign for friday demonstration ...

What do u think guys?

Te3tir ma ba3daho te3tir.
Who is the brilliant advisor who proposed to use poetry and empty slogans to convince people to drop a successful demonstration to join a failing one?
Not sure how Aounis are pissed that YouStink is calling everybody corrupt while they have the right to pass the picture of Ziad Baroud twice in this video once with the word corrupt and the second when talking about irtihan to international powers. All that because of the facebook campaign in the last few days demanding to elect Ziad Baroud president.

What a childish approach! Not to say shoo hal habal.

Muwatin Libnani

Te3tir ma ba3daho te3tir.
Who is the brilliant advisor who proposed to use poetry and empty slogans to convince people to drop a successful demonstration to join a failing one?
Not sure how Aounis are pissed that YouStink is calling everybody corrupt while they have the right to pass the picture of Ziad Baroud twice in this video once with the word corrupt and the second when talking about irtihan to international powers. All that because of the facebook campaign in the last few days demanding to elect Ziad Baroud president.

What a childish approach! Not to say shoo hal habal.

Iktashaft el Baroud!

What kind of president are you promoting? Someone who can't stand up to Rifi or resigns under pressure.

Baroud alone ain't enough. Gotta have a couple of grenade balls also