Why do Arabic governments treat their citizens like livestock/animals?

tyclegg

STORY TIME:

I am posting here because I'm sick and tired of being treated like an animal, and I don't know where to go with my story or who to vent to and that's why I'm here today, to share my story of being mistreated for almost 3 years..so here goes:

First I'd like to share a little bit about my background, I'm Tyler and I'm 22 years old, residing in Beirut, Lebanon at the moment, I've been living here for almost 3 and a half years now.

My mother is Syrian but my dad is Egyptian, I was born in the UAE in 1995, mom and dad went ahead and got a divorce when I was only 4 years old and I haven't heard or seen my dad ever since.
We left the UAE with my mom back to Syria when i was 7 years old, although despite being born in the UAE and my mother being Syrian and having lived in Syria from 2002 till 2014 (12 years if you can't do the math) I somehow ended up with only the Egyptian citizenship (or citizenshit, depending on your perspective)
since in Arabic countries you don't get the "privilege" to have your mother's citizenship, you only get it from your dad's side, why? I'll never know why.

I had to renew my residence permit every year in Syria like a foreigner every single year for 12 years, but hey! at least I was able to renew it without any problems..

But all "good" things have to come to an end, right? as we all know the civil war/revolution/-insert fancy name here- happened in Syria few years back and things became quickly unstable and explosion started happening everywhere almost on a weekly basis in Damascus where we lived, it became clear rather quickly that there was no future for any of us in Syria anymore.

So a few days after 2014's new year's eve we all sat together (me, my mom and my sister who's 3 years younger than me) and we decided that we should get the hell outta there ASAP.
Plan was to sell all our assets and move to Europe and start over new and continue our education and live happily ever after, sounded really nice in theory, not so nice in application though..

Long story short, we sold everything and took the cash and moved to Beirut in March 2014 so we can from there travel to Europe.
And it was here where this "perfect" story took a very DARK turn.. without going into details (because it aches my heart to even think about it) we went broke.. we lost all the money we had in the bank and our balance was literally $0. Just like that we were suddenly in a strange country with no friends or relatives or any money anymore..
So now what? what do we do? and more importantly..time is ticking and I want to continue my education, I didn't have the time for this! this was the worst time for such a thing to happen.. but I quickly realized that my dreams and future have to sit on the back burner because I had to strap my self in for a loooooooong ride..
Because you see, my tourist visa was gonna expire soon in October 2014 (I kept renewing it from March till October where they told me "you can't renew it anymore, you'll have to exit the country and apply for another visa") and October was a month away at the time.. with no cash in hand to even attempt to find a walkaround to renew my residence permit, I was losing my mind, I don't wanna be in a strange country illegally! that thought terrified me, and to add insult to injury, our house rent was gonna expire in 2 weeks and we don't have a back up plan..

So again.. long story short:
we moved to a shitty house in a shitty area in Beirut which I won't name because I don't wanna offend anybody, and my mom found a part time job since she's Syrian and she's a woman no one asked her about her legal papers when she would go through checkpoints, me on the other hand had to stay locked up in the house because if i went through any checkpoint and they asked me for my visa/papers I'll be screwed, I'll go to jail! which isn't the future I had in mind, not to mention that it'll cause me all kinds of problems when I somehow eventually find a way to travel to Europe to pursue my education, if I had a "criminal" record..well that'll cause a lot of complications unfortunately.
Meanwhile the months were passing we were also at the same time asking around for a way to renew the residence permit so I can become legal here and at least be able to find a job and save up money for travel, we came across a lot of people who seemed like scammers, but this one person was recommended by my sister (he was her friend) seemed like he was trustworthy enough and promised that he could renew it for me since he had people on the inside.
Skip 6 months of waiting for this guy and paying him around $700 in total and listening to his lies and excuses, I realized that he scammed me :') and he wasn't gonna help because he couldn't, doing some more digging I realized that as an Egyptian citizen I can't renew my residence permit in Lebanon, I have to leave to Egypt THEN apply for a permanent visa in Lebanon, which I can't do since I don't have the money to do and I don't know how the General Security of Lebanon is gonna react to me when I tell them "Hey guys, don't mind my Syrian accent, but I've been illegal in Lebanon for almost 2 years, what do I do?" I was terrified of the idea..I didn't know what would happen

Skip to 2 months earlier and I finally got to meet my girlfriend, she's Swedish and we've been together for 4 years now, but we never got to meet in person, she got a job and saved up some money to come and visit me.
We met and everything was nice and cute and it was awesome.
When she saw how shitty my situation was and how ****ed I am, she gave me her laptop and iPad and told me to sell them, then she sent me some cash when she got back to Sweden so I can take all this money and somehow fix my desperate situation..

So finally after 3 years of living in my bedroom not daring to leave the house or go out in fear of being imprisoned for something that I didn't ask for, I finally now had some cash to be able to do something about it!

and that brings me to today, I woke up and called my girlfriend on Skype, she gave me her Skype password so I can use her account to call the General Security and ask about my situation (she has Skype credits), why am I calling from Skype you may ask? because first of all I don't have credits on my phone to make a call (yes, that's how poor I am) and 2nd is because I felt more safe calling them from Skype where they can't somehow track my location and arrest me, I know it may sound silly, but I'm really paranoid and I think it's natural to be scared of the unknown.

So first thing, I called the General Security and an operator picked up, he went "Amn 3am, kif fini sa3dk?"
and as soon as I started speaking the call dropped for some reason, weird..
So I called one more time and again someone picked up and said "Amn 3am, kif fini sa3dk?" and again I started speaking and before I got to say anything the guy went "where are you calling from?" to which I replied "I'm calling from Beirut" and then he said "why is your phone number weird then?" to which I replied "it's because it's cheaper" and then he said in a threatening aggressive manner "well, you have to call us from a number that we can see on our screen and know where you're calling from, okay?!" and I was like "okay sir..I'm sorry but I didn't know that" and he went "please do us a favor and call from a normal number, thanks" -click- and he hung up!

If I wasn't already feeling threatened and stressed about this whole thing enough already, now I officially am!
But no problem, I'll just use some of the money I got from my girlfriend and buy some phone credits and call back later..

But I thought while I'm at it, why not call the Egyptian embassy? since I'm legally speaking, an Egyptian citizen :) they might know what I should do next!
So I dialed their number and called, an answering machine picked up and started listing the options they have and what I should dial for each option, none of the options applied to me, so I decided to dial a random option so I can speak to a human being and perhaps they would then redirect me to the correct department, I dialed 110 or something I don't even remember..and it kept on ringing...and ringing..and ringing for 5 minutes straight and nobody picked up of course! :D

I went to google and googled their number again, which then lead me to finding the phone number for the ambassador's personal office, which I took and called; his secretary picked up and ever so nicely said "hey, how may I help you?" and then I told her my whole story in summary and she was like "you should call this number" and she gave me a number for the branch of the embassy that deals with these situations (expired residence permit, etc)
So I took the number and called, it rang for a good 30 seconds and then the person on the other side just rejected the call (gave me "number busy")
I
called once again and this time someone picked up! he went "hey" i was like "hi, how are you doing today?" and he was like "who am i speaking to?"
which is the most stupidest question you could ask someone who's calling an embassy, like what am I supposed to answer with? give him my name? like I got so confused
So I told him my name and then told him that the embassy gave me his number and as soon as im explaining he cut me off and said "WHO AM I SPEAKING TO!?" and -CLICK- hung up on me!

I kept trying to call him for the next 15 minutes and he kept hanging up in my face for some reason..
I gave up on calling him all together, I decided to call back the embassy's original number, so i called and a woman picked up this time and said in a cold unenthusiastic bored way "hello." and i went "hey" and she was like "what do you want?" and i went "I'm an Egyptian citizen living in Lebanon and my residence permit expired so I was wonde.." and she cut me off and said "OKAY WAIT HERE" and instantly put me on hold to some silly music that just caused my already slowly building anger to explode..I waited there on the line for 5 straight minutes and the music kept on playing but no one ever picked up...I just gave up and hung up...this was an hour ago..

I can't help it but feel like I'm completely and utterly ****ed now.. no one gives me any clear answers on what I should legally do to get out of this situation, the people who are employed and are getting paid to answer these questions don't give two shits about their job and certainly about my fate either,
If I had the Syrian citizenship then I could easily get a "kafil" and renew my residence permit long time ago, but that law doesn't apply to me since I'm Egyptian, since Syria and all arabic countries for that matter don't recognize women as humans to give their kids the citizenship
No one will care that this is a humanitarian situation about someone running away from death and war, someone who was stripped from options or control over their own fate...the Syrian government doesn't give a shit, the Egyptian embassy doesn't give a shit, and I feel like the Lebanese government wants me jailed..

I'm tired of living in my room for 3 years straight isolated from the outside world while all my friends are all over the world finishing up their education and graduating and started their life while I'm sitting here and watching my situation getting more desperate by every second passing by.. I just wanna get out of here and go to Egypt where I could at least be a legal citizen and at least find a job so I can support myself.

I don't think that anyone will read all of this, I didn't intend for this to be as long as it turned out to be, I just wanted to vent, and if anyone made it all the way till the end and read everything...I wanna say, thank you for listening :)

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
STORY TIME:

I am posting here because I'm sick and tired of being treated like an animal, and I don't know where to go with my story or who to vent to and that's why I'm here today, to share my story of being mistreated for almost 3 years..so here goes:

First I'd like to share a little bit about my background, I'm Tyler and I'm 22 years old, residing in Beirut, Lebanon at the moment, I've been living here for almost 3 and a half years now.

My mother is Syrian but my dad is Egyptian, I was born in the UAE in 1995, mom and dad went ahead and got a divorce when I was only 4 years old and I haven't heard or seen my dad ever since.
We left the UAE with my mom back to Syria when i was 7 years old, although despite being born in the UAE and my mother being Syrian and having lived in Syria from 2002 till 2014 (12 years if you can't do the math) I somehow ended up with only the Egyptian citizenship (or citizenshit, depending on your perspective)
since in Arabic countries you don't get the "privilege" to have your mother's citizenship, you only get it from your dad's side, why? I'll never know why.

I had to renew my residence permit every year in Syria like a foreigner every single year for 12 years, but hey! at least I was able to renew it without any problems..

But all "good" things have to come to an end, right? as we all know the civil war/revolution/-insert fancy name here- happened in Syria few years back and things became quickly unstable and explosion started happening everywhere almost on a weekly basis in Damascus where we lived, it became clear rather quickly that there was no future for any of us in Syria anymore.

So a few days after 2014's new year's eve we all sat together (me, my mom and my sister who's 3 years younger than me) and we decided that we should get the hell outta there ASAP.
Plan was to sell all our assets and move to Europe and start over new and continue our education and live happily ever after, sounded really nice in theory, not so nice in application though..

Long story short, we sold everything and took the cash and moved to Beirut in March 2014 so we can from there travel to Europe.
And it was here where this "perfect" story took a very DARK turn.. without going into details (because it aches my heart to even think about it) we went broke.. we lost all the money we had in the bank and our balance was literally $0. Just like that we were suddenly in a strange country with no friends or relatives or any money anymore..
So now what? what do we do? and more importantly..time is ticking and I want to continue my education, I didn't have the time for this! this was the worst time for such a thing to happen.. but I quickly realized that my dreams and future have to sit on the back burner because I had to strap my self in for a loooooooong ride..
Because you see, my tourist visa was gonna expire soon in October 2014 (I kept renewing it from March till October where they told me "you can't renew it anymore, you'll have to exit the country and apply for another visa") and October was a month away at the time.. with no cash in hand to even attempt to find a walkaround to renew my residence permit, I was losing my mind, I don't wanna be in a strange country illegally! that thought terrified me, and to add insult to injury, our house rent was gonna expire in 2 weeks and we don't have a back up plan..

we moved to a shitty house in a shitty area in Beirut which I won't name because I don't wanna offend anybody, and my mom found a part time job since she's Syrian and she's a woman no one asked her about her legal papers when she would go through checkpoints, me on the other hand had to stay locked up in the house because if i went through any checkpoint and they asked me for my visa/papers I'll be screwed, I'll go to jail! which isn't the future I had in mind, not to mention that it'll cause me all kinds of problems when I somehow eventually find a way to travel to Europe to pursue my education, if I had a "criminal" record..well that'll cause a lot of complications unfortunately.
Meanwhile the months were passing we were also at the same time asking around for a way to renew the residence permit so I can become legal here and at least be able to find a job and save up money for travel, we came across a lot of people who seemed like scammers, but this one person was recommended by my sister (he was her friend) seemed like he was trustworthy enough and promised that he could renew it for me since he had people on the inside.
Skip 6 months of waiting for this guy and paying him around $700 in total and listening to his lies and excuses, I realized that he scammed me :') and he wasn't gonna help because he couldn't, doing some more digging I realized that as an Egyptian citizen I can't renew my residence permit in Lebanon, I have to leave to Egypt THEN apply for a permanent visa in Lebanon, which I can't do since I don't have the money to do and I don't know how the General Security of Lebanon is gonna react to me when I tell them "Hey guys, don't mind my Syrian accent, but I've been illegal in Lebanon for almost 2 years, what do I do?" I was terrified of the idea..I didn't know what would happen

Skip to 2 months earlier and I finally got to meet my girlfriend, she's Swedish and we've been together for 4 years now, but we never got to meet in person, she got a job and saved up some money to come and visit me.
When she saw how shitty my situation was and how ****ed I am, she gave me her laptop and iPad and told me to sell them, then she sent me some cash when she got back to Sweden so I can take all this money and somehow fix my desperate situation..

So finally after 3 years of living in my bedroom not daring to leave the house or go out in fear of being imprisoned for something that I didn't ask for, I finally now had some cash to be able to do something about it!

and that brings me to today, I woke up and called my girlfriend on Skype, she gave me her Skype password so I can use her account to call the General Security and ask about my situation (she has Skype credits), why am I calling from Skype you may ask? because first of all I don't have credits on my phone to make a call (yes, that's how poor I am) and 2nd is because I felt more safe calling them from Skype where they can't somehow track my location and arrest me, I know it may sound silly, but I'm really paranoid and I think it's natural to be scared of the unknown.

So first thing, I called the General Security and an operator picked up, he went "Amn 3am, kif fini sa3dk?"
So I called one more time and again someone picked up and said "Amn 3am, kif fini sa3dk?" and again I started speaking and before I got to say anything the guy went "where are you calling from?" to which I replied "I'm calling from Beirut" and then he said "why is your phone number weird then?" to which I replied "it's because it's cheaper" and then he said in a threatening aggressive manner "well, you have to call us from a number that we can see on our screen and know where you're calling from, okay?!" and I was like "okay sir..I'm sorry but I didn't know that" and he went "please do us a favor and call from a normal number, thanks" -click- and he hung up!

If I wasn't already feeling threatened and stressed about this whole thing enough already, now I officially am!
But no problem, I'll just use some of the money I got from my girlfriend and buy some phone credits and call back later..

But I thought while I'm at it, why not call the Egyptian embassy? since I'm legally speaking, an Egyptian citizen :) they might know what I should do next!
So I dialed their number and called, an answering machine picked up and started listing the options they have and what I should dial for each option, none of the options applied to me, so I decided to dial a random option so I can speak to a human being and perhaps they would then redirect me to the correct department, I dialed 110 or something I don't even remember..and it kept on ringing...and ringing..and ringing for 5 minutes straight and nobody picked up of course! :D

I went to google and googled their number again, which then lead me to finding the phone number for the ambassador's personal office, which I took and called; his secretary picked up and ever so nicely said "hey, how may I help you?" and then I told her my whole story in summary and she was like "you should call this number" and she gave me a number for the branch of the embassy that deals with these situations (expired residence permit, etc)
So I took the number and called, it rang for a good 30 seconds and then the person on the other side just rejected the call (gave me "number busy")
I
called once again and this time someone picked up! he went "hey" i was like "hi, how are you doing today?" and he was like "who am i speaking to?"
which is the most stupidest question you could ask someone who's calling an embassy, like what am I supposed to answer with? give him my name? like I got so confused
So I told him my name and then told him that the embassy gave me his number and as soon as im explaining he cut me off and said "WHO AM I SPEAKING TO!?" and -CLICK- hung up on me!

I kept trying to call him for the next 15 minutes and he kept hanging up in my face for some reason..
I gave up on calling him all together, I decided to call back the embassy's original number, so i called and a woman picked up this time and said in a cold unenthusiastic bored way "hello." and i went "hey" and she was like "what do you want?" and i went "I'm an Egyptian citizen living in Lebanon and my residence permit expired so I was wonde.." and she cut me off and said "OKAY WAIT HERE" and instantly put me on hold to some silly music that just caused my already slowly building anger to explode..I waited there on the line for 5 straight minutes and the music kept on playing but no one ever picked up...I just gave up and hung up...this was an hour ago..

I can't help it but feel like I'm completely and utterly ****ed now.. no one gives me any clear answers on what I should legally do to get out of this situation, the people who are employed and are getting paid to answer these questions don't give two shits about their job and certainly about my fate either,
If I had the Syrian citizenship then I could easily get a "kafil" and renew my residence permit long time ago, but that law doesn't apply to me since I'm Egyptian, since Syria and all arabic countries for that matter don't recognize women as humans to give their kids the citizenship
No one will care that this is a humanitarian situation about someone running away from death and war, someone who was stripped from options or control over their own fate...the Syrian government doesn't give a shit, the Egyptian embassy doesn't give a shit, and I feel like the Lebanese government wants me jailed..

I'm tired of living in my room for 3 years straight isolated from the outside world while all my friends are all over the world finishing up their education and graduating and started their life while I'm sitting here and watching my situation getting more desperate by every second passing by.. I just wanna get out of here and go to Egypt where I could at least be a legal citizen and at least find a job so I can support myself.

I don't think that anyone will read all of this, I didn't intend for this to be as long as it turned out to be, I just wanted to vent, and if anyone made it all the way till the end and read everything...I wanna say, thank you for listening :)
Stay strong , things will get better, since the first paragraph i was thinking 'why does this guy just go to egypt', and apparently after 3 years this is your plan i presume, you should have gone there in the first place, cheaper, education available, and you are legal, and i would guess you can apply for a visa to europe from egypt, anyways good luck with everything

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
STORY TIME:

I

I ve sent your story to someone who can help.

Can you post here something to verify your claims or your story ? without revealing your identity ?

tyclegg

Stay strong , things will get better, since the first paragraph i was thinking 'why does this guy just go to egypt', and apparently after 3 years this is your plan i presume, you should have gone there in the first place, cheaper, education available, and you are legal, and i would guess you can apply for a visa to europe from egypt, anyways good luck with everything
Thank you for reading through my long story :) the reason why I didn't go to Egypt was because I don't know HOW I can legally leave this country and go to Egypt, I knew that it wasn't gonna be free, I would have to pay a fine at least or something, and I was literally out of cash completely and I didn't wanna risk going to the General Security without knowing what I'm getting myself into.
Not to mention I don't know anyone or anything in Egypt, I at least need a small amount of money to get me started until I find a job, which thanks to my girlfriend I have said small amount of money, I just don't know where to go or what to do at all.
And yes, the plan is if somehow I get my self out of this, I'm gonna go to Europe from Egypt..hopefully.

tyclegg

I ve sent your story to someone who can help.

Can you post here something to verify your claims or your story ? without revealing your identity ?
Hey, thanks for trying to help! I really don't know what to say..
I don't know how I can verify my story, but I assure you that this is my story 100% and I have no idea why would anyone make any of this up

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
Thank you for reading through my long story :) the reason why I didn't go to Egypt was because I don't know HOW I can legally leave this country and go to Egypt, I knew that it wasn't gonna be free, I would have to pay a fine at least or something, and I was literally out of cash completely and I didn't wanna risk going to the General Security without knowing what I'm getting myself into.
Not to mention I don't know anyone or anything in Egypt, I at least need a small amount of money to get me started until I find a job, which thanks to my girlfriend I have said small amount of money, I just don't know where to go or what to do at all.
And yes, the plan is if somehow I get my self out of this, I'm gonna go to Europe from Egypt..hopefully.
if you have your egyptian passport with you why didnt you just go to the egyptian embassy yourself,they're not gonna jail you for being illegal in lebanon its not their job,on a regular day you can get there without going through any checkpoints

tyclegg

if you have your egyptian passport with you why didnt you just go to the egyptian embassy yourself,they're not gonna jail you for being illegal in lebanon its not their job,on a regular day you can get there without going through any checkpoints
Are you sure about the checkpoints though? I live in Furn el chbak and the embassy is in Kola I believe it was called? and I'm worried I might go through checkpoints.. the reason I didn't go earlier however, was because I've always assumed they'll ask me to pay a fine for being illegal for this long, I didn't wanna waste my time or risk being out in public if I didn't have cash at least.

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
Are you sure about the checkpoints though? I live in Furn el chbak and the embassy is in Kola I believe it was called? and I'm worried I might go through checkpoints.. the reason I didn't go earlier however, was because I've always assumed they'll ask me to pay a fine for being illegal for this long, I didn't wanna waste my time or risk being out in public if I didn't have cash at least.
you have to ask somebody who lives around that area, maybe a cab driver, i dont think the egyptian embassy is gona make you pay a fine, its not their job, and even if they did , they cant jail you or something, there isnt anything to be scared of, you can ask a any egyptian living in lebanon, you cant do everything by phone

tyclegg

you have to ask somebody who lives around that area, maybe a cab driver, i dont think the egyptian embassy is gona make you pay a fine, its not their job, and even if they did , they cant jail you or something, there isnt anything to be scared of, you can ask a any egyptian living in lebanon, you cant do everything by phone
I don't have many friends or contact here at all, as mentioned I don't leave my house ever.
and I know that the embassy won't make me pay, but whatever they'll do next will be in coordination with the General Security which MIGHT or might not require me to pay, and might or might not punish me with jail time..so yeah that was the concern.
I'm thinking about going to the embassy tomorrow morning since I have some money now, I'm not sure if its wise..

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
What a heartbreaking story (and I did read all of it). I totally sympathize with you and wish you the best. I'm not knowledgeable enough on these matters to give you a sure way out...only suggestions...

1 - Try going to the egyptian embassy in person.

2 - Since your mom is Syrian, maybe she can get help, or at least advice, from one of the NGOs or the UN department dealing with Syrian refugees.

3 - Perhaps someone at one of the following organizations can help or guide you towards appropriate resources:

Legal Agenda

The Lebanese Nationality Law That Leaves Children Stateless

KAFA |enough violence & exploitation in Lebanon & Middle East

Try looking online for other organizations as well. Knock on as many doors as you can. Don't lose hope and don't give up, stay safe, and keep us updated.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
If you're scared of going to the embassy in person, maybe your mom can go first and get an idea if and how they can help you.

tyclegg

What a heartbreaking story (and I did read all of it). I totally sympathize with you and wish you the best. I'm not knowledgeable enough on these matters to give you a sure way out...only suggestions...

1 - Try going to the egyptian embassy in person.

2 - Since your mom is Syrian, maybe she can get help, or at least advice, from one of the NGOs or the UN department dealing with Syrian refugees.

3 - Perhaps someone at one of the following organizations can help or guide you towards appropriate resources:

Legal Agenda

The Lebanese Nationality Law That Leaves Children Stateless

KAFA |enough violence & exploitation in Lebanon & Middle East

Try looking online for other organizations as well. Knock on as many doors as you can. Don't lose hope and don't give up, stay safe, and keep us updated.
Thank you so much for reading the whole thing, it really means to me :) I made up my mind, I will go to the embassy tomorrow in person, theres no reward without risk as they say..
I'll also check out the links you provided above for any useful info! thank you for the suggestions and the kind wishes, I'll try to stay strong and I will keep this thread updated in real time everytime anything new happens :) wish me luck tomorrow!

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Thank you so much for reading the whole thing, it really means to me :) I made up my mind, I will go to the embassy tomorrow in person, theres no reward without risk as they say..
I'll also check out the links you provided above for any useful info! thank you for the suggestions and the kind wishes, I'll try to stay strong and I will keep this thread updated in real time everytime anything new happens :) wish me luck tomorrow!

Good luck! :)

Last time I was in Lebanon, there were no checkpoints between furn el chebbak and cola...but it's been a couple of years.

You can ask the taxi / service driver like Jean suggested.

tyclegg

Good luck! :)

Last time I was in Lebanon, there were no checkpoints between furn el chebbak and cola...but it's been a couple of years.

You can ask the taxi / service driver like Jean suggested.
Thank you! :D I hope theres no checkpoints because I don't think I can ask a driver about that, it'll be extremely suspicious, it's like I'm basically saying I'm a criminal and I'm hiding from something, you know?

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
I think the Egyptian embassy is in Bir Hasan not Cola. But i might be mistaken.

tyclegg

Hi again Jo, I remember it was in Cola because first thing I did when I arrived in Lebanon was renew my passport in the embassy since it was about to expire, so I've been there before long time ago, anyway my mom knows the location 100% so she'll be coming with me tomorrow.
You mentioned earlier that you contacted someone about the post who might have useful info, any updates on that? thanks in advance!

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
Hi again Jo, I remember it was in Cola because first thing I did when I arrived in Lebanon was renew my passport in the embassy since it was about to expire, so I've been there before long time ago, anyway my mom knows the location 100% so she'll be coming with me tomorrow.
You mentioned earlier that you contacted someone about the post who might have useful info, any updates on that? thanks in advance!
No update on this but if he can help, i will tell you

Olive Green

It's obvious from the way you write and express yourself that you have a lot of capacities and knowledge, i hope you can keep up with your education in the near future and reach your dreams. Such experiences show the value of the basics in our lives starting with liberty and dignity.
Thank you for sharing your story with us, if you still have free time i say start writing about your journey or maybe your first novel inspired by your story. Try to reach out to social helpers or journalists who can publish your story trying to get you the help you need.

tyclegg

It's obvious from the way you write and express yourself that you have a lot of capacities and knowledge, i hope you can keep up with your education in the near future and reach your dreams. Such experiences show the value of the basics in our lives starting with liberty and dignity.
Thank you for sharing your story with us, if you still have free time i say start writing about your journey or maybe your first novel inspired by your story. Try to reach out to social helpers or journalists who can publish your story trying to get you the help you need.
Thank you for reading and for the compliment :) I hope I can get my life on track as soon as possible.. and you're right, never take your freedom for granted, even if it's as simple as the freedom to leave your house at any time and go to any place, it's something that I miss having at this point.
I was considering writing about my story since it's filled with ups and downs, but currently I'm trying to fill my free time (which I have a lot of) with learning Swedish to prepare for when I finally one day can move there, but I would be lying if I said that I haven't flirted with the idea of writing a novel :D