• Server is back - but we lost around 24 hours of data. Sorry for that :(
    الحق ع جبران باسيل

Why do Arabic governments treat their citizens like livestock/animals?

tyclegg

why do people keep taking advantage of you ? how gullible are you ?!
Damn dude, chill!
It wasn't me, I was only 18 at the time and it's not like I knew about it before it all went down, I only found out AFTER the fact, my mom was in charge.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
May allah yefta7a bi wijjak so you can find a way out and a happy end to you and your family.

And yes, the moral of your story is received: It is extrem unluck to be born citizen in these countries. The majority of those who work in their public institutions and embassies are either a bunch of bitter *****es or 2ortit moutakhallifeen habal god threw them in one's way.

tyclegg

May allah yefta7a bi wijjak so you can find a way out and a happy end to you and your family.

And yes, the moral of your story is received: It is extrem unluck to be born citizen in these countries. The majority of those who work in their public institutions and embassies are either a bunch of bitter *****es or 2ortit moutakhallifeen habal god threw them in one's way.
YES THANK YOU! I couldn't have said it any better even if i tried! yes that is the moral of the story, its a curse to be born in this part of the world, a part where women aren't considered human enough to have the rights to give their kids the citizenship, a part where once you fall down, it's really really really hard to find someone to help you if they're not related to you or don't know you for a long time, a part of the world where you're more scared from your government than feeling protected by it.. that was the moral of my story, also I needed to let some steam out..

I do realize that the situation in the whole region is messed up and that everyone is on high alert and is suspecting everyone and it's rightfully so, I do understand that part of it of course, but that's not an excuse to treat everyone like shit just because of the small minority that might actually be a threat? I don't know anymore.. I might be wrong

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
Best of luck.

I hope you can get all the problems sorted, and start a better life. And yes , living in arab countries is hell.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Here's another moral to the story, and why the below quote is so important: it took one person to enter the conversation with a hostile attitude, for the thread to take on a different tone.

“Let no evil talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for edifying, as fits the occasion, that it may impart grace to those who hear.”

tyclegg

So quick update:

I'm sorry I went dark for a couple of days and didn't post any updates, it was mainly because nothing happened, but today something did happen.

I woke up this morning and went with my mom to the Egyptian embassy, I applied for "tr7il tw3i" and it all went well i assume! gave them my passport and 2 photos and filled an application form, that was about it.

They asked me to come back after 3 PM to get a receipt, but my mom will be going to get that for me and i'll get to the reason of that in a bit..

On my way there from my house there was no checkpoints at all (thankfully), but..on my way back things were about to get spicy and not in the good way either :D

On our way back though.. I started noticing that the driver is taking us through another road, I assumed he was doing that so we wouldn't be stuck in traffic, later on we stopped at a red light and for some reason my heart ached a little..I felt like I should tell him not to take me through any checkpoints but at the same time I was afraid to say that so he wouldn't think that i'm running away from something..
At the last second I crossed my fingers and decided to tell him, so I went like "hey man, can we not go through checkpoints? because I left my passport at the embassy" and he was like "Thank god you told me now, because we had a checkpoint on our way" and literally after the red light there was a right turn and there was a checkpoint! , if i haven't told him right then and there we would've went through it and god knows what would've happened :lol:
So we took the left turn instead, it was a longer road but I didn''t care as long as I got home safely.

So now I'm back from the embassy and all i have to do is wait for them to reply back with what I should do next and I'll be on my way, wish me luck! :D
To be continued..

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
So quick update:

I'm sorry I went dark for a couple of days and didn't post any updates, it was mainly because nothing happened, but today something did happen.

I woke up this morning and went with my mom to the Egyptian embassy, I applied for "tr7il tw3i" and it all went well i assume! gave them my passport and 2 photos and filled an application form, that was about it.

They asked me to come back after 3 PM to get a receipt, but my mom will be going to get that for me and i'll get to the reason of that in a bit..

On my way there from my house there was no checkpoints at all (thankfully), but..on my way back things were about to get spicy and not in the good way either :D

On our way back though.. I started noticing that the driver is taking us through another road, I assumed he was doing that so we wouldn't be stuck in traffic, later on we stopped at a red light and for some reason my heart ached a little..I felt like I should tell him not to take me through any checkpoints but at the same time I was afraid to say that so he wouldn't think that i'm running away from something..
At the last second I crossed my fingers and decided to tell him, so I went like "hey man, can we not go through checkpoints? because I left my passport at the embassy" and he was like "Thank god you told me now, because we had a checkpoint on our way" and literally after the red light there was a right turn and there was a checkpoint! , if i haven't told him right then and there we would've went through it and god knows what would've happened :lol:
So we took the left turn instead, it was a longer road but I didn''t care as long as I got home safely.

So now I'm back from the embassy and all i have to do is wait for them to reply back with what I should do next and I'll be on my way, wish me luck! :D
To be continued..

Close call! Intuition is a powerful thing. Good thing you listened to yours!

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hell yeah! It was almost supernatural, the timing felt like something out of a movie to be honest

Inchalla soon you'll be settled and all this becomes an adventure you can tell your kids and grandkids...who knows, maybe in the form of a book or movie :)

tyclegg

Hello..another update..

My mom just came back from the embassy (she went to get the receipt) and they gave her back my passports and tore the photos i gave them and the application in half..told her that they misunderstood my issue and that they cant help me with "ksr eqame"..don't ask..idk anymore
I clearly told them my problem and they told me they can help me, they said that they thought i entered the country "khlse" or something like that, in that case they would've been able to help me?

I'm really pissed off and sad and disappointed and depressed and feeling let down and every single bad feeling you can think of..

If anyone knows someone who works in amn 3am, I'm an Egyptian citizen with an expired residence permit since late 2014, what should i do and what should i pay and how? what should I expect? any information would be appreciated, I just want directions...thanks..

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
Hello..another update..

My mom just came back from the embassy (she went to get the receipt) and they gave her back my passports and tore the photos i gave them and the application in half..told her that they misunderstood my issue and that they cant help me with "ksr eqame"..don't ask..idk anymore
I clearly told them my problem and they told me they can help me, they said that they thought i entered the country "khlse" or something like that, in that case they would've been able to help me?

I'm really pissed off and sad and disappointed and depressed and feeling let down and every single bad feeling you can think of..

If anyone knows someone who works in amn 3am, I'm an Egyptian citizen with an expired residence permit since late 2014, what should i do and what should i pay and how? what should I expect? any information would be appreciated, I just want directions...thanks..
so you have to renew the 2ikame in order to have a tar7il taw3e is that i t??

tyclegg

so you have to renew the 2ikame in order to have a tar7il taw3e is that i t??
No, as an Egyptian citizen I can't renew my 2ikame here, the only way would be if I was in Egypt and from there I should apply for either a 1 year visa for work, or 1 year visa for college.
My only option now is to go and pay a fine to el amn el 3am and from there idk what's gonna happen, we're planning on calling them on Monday, since they close at 12 on Fridays.

I just wanna know how much they would want me to pay for the period i've been here, and when can i travel?
Because I have the feeling that when I call them on Monday they're gonna be like "mn3tek el details when you come here, please shref l3na" you know?

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hello..another update..

Very sorry for this news.

I did some more research, and despite some people's negative comments in this thread, you were right to be careful.

Lebanon Immigration Detention Profile | Global Detention Project

Here are a couple of organizations that deal specifically with issues such as yours (especially the first one) and that might be able to help or counsel you.

http://www.frontiersruwad.org

About Us – Ajem

Be careful and keep us updated. You should tell you sister or girlfriend about this thread so they can notify us in case you run into any trouble (which hopefully will not be needed).

And remember you have friends here, despite our limited ability to help. We won't turn our back on you, so don't despair :)

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
No, as an Egyptian citizen I can't renew my 2ikame here, the only way would be if I was in Egypt and from there I should apply for either a 1 year visa for work, or 1 year visa for college.
My only option now is to go and pay a fine to el amn el 3am and from there idk what's gonna happen, we're planning on calling them on Monday, since they close at 12 on Fridays.

I just wanna know how much they would want me to pay for the period i've been here, and when can i travel?
Because I have the feeling that when I call them on Monday they're gonna be like "mn3tek el details when you come here, please shref l3na" you know?
you have to make them understand that you're only intent is to leave to egypt as soon as possible, and anyways if they say sharref la 3enna you can just not go , they dont have the time effort or interest to pursue a guy with a finished 2ikame trust me

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Here is another organization that could help you: Home | LIFE - The Lebanese Institute for Democracy and Human Rights (LIFE)

You might also be able to try this method:

"UNHCR. On 9 September 2003, following several years of systematic detention and deportations, especially to Iraq and Sudan, the Regional Office of UNHCR and the General Directorate of the General Security signed a Memorandum of Understanding that allows asylum seekers to apply for refugee status with UNHCR. Lebanon is not party to the 1951 Refugee Convention and therefore only permits resettlement of UNHCR recognised refugees in third countries. The MOU stipulates that the term “asylum seeker” is to mean “a person seeking asylum in a country other than Lebanon.”

tyclegg

you have to make them understand that you're only intent is to leave to egypt as soon as possible, and anyways if they say sharref la 3enna you can just not go , they dont have the time effort or interest to pursue a guy with a finished 2ikame trust me
Yes I understand, I will give it a shot and call them either ways, but I was wondering if there was a way I can contact someone on the inside who can be patient with me and give me detailed information on what I could expect.

I realize that they won't pursue me or track me down or something, but the reason why I seemed paranoid the first time around, was because you have to understand..I lived a good portion of my life in Syria, over there if you simply say something wrong about the government or they suspect you to be a spy or a political activist, they don't need a permit or court order to arrest you, they'll track you down and take you in and no one under the sun will be able to know where you are or how to get you out. It's really messed up in Syria when it comes to human rights.
That's why I developed this paranoia in general, but now I understand that it's way simpler here in Lebanon and I'm trying to relax my guards and take easy.

tyclegg

Here is another organization that could help you: Home | LIFE - The Lebanese Institute for Democracy and Human Rights (LIFE)

You might also be able to try this method:

"UNHCR. On 9 September 2003, following several years of systematic detention and deportations, especially to Iraq and Sudan, the Regional Office of UNHCR and the General Directorate of the General Security signed a Memorandum of Understanding that allows asylum seekers to apply for refugee status with UNHCR. Lebanon is not party to the 1951 Refugee Convention and therefore only permits resettlement of UNHCR recognised refugees in third countries. The MOU stipulates that the term “asylum seeker” is to mean “a person seeking asylum in a country other than Lebanon.”
I will read more on this, but as long as I have an Egyptian citizenship they'll probably treat me as a person who isn't in dire need of help, since Egypt is considered "safe" or something, if I had a Syrian citizenship on the other hand, things would be very different.

Nonetheless I will check out the link and I'll read more on this and see if I can give it a shot, as you said before, I'll leave no door that I won't knock, thank you for the suggestion :)

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I will read more on this, but as long as I have an Egyptian citizenship they'll probably treat me as a person who isn't in dire need of help, since Egypt is considered "safe" or something, if I had a Syrian citizenship on the other hand, things would be very different.

Nonetheless I will check out the link and I'll read more on this and see if I can give it a shot, as you said before, I'll leave no door that I won't knock, thank you for the suggestion :)

You're welcome :)

Despite having an Egyptian passport, your situation is irregular and the result of having fled the war in Syria. Even if Egypt is safe, you are not able to get there easily because of you situation, so they should be willing to help you out. Their mission is not limited to refugees living in camps but to all people with difficult residency situations.

tyclegg

You're welcome :)

Despite having an Egyptian passport, your situation is irregular and the result of having fled the war in Syria. Even if Egypt is safe, you are not able to get there easily because of you situation, so they should be willing to help you out. Their mission is not limited to refugees living in camps but to all people with difficult residency situations.
I see, so how can I get in touch with the UNHCR?

And btw I just emailed LIFE and told them the short version of my story, I expressed to them that I'm in need of guidance on what to do next, hopefully they'll read it and reply soon..