Why is pedophilia a mental disorder, but not homosexuality?

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Everything you said about it being a psychological illness is incorrect. It’s not my opinion, it’s the experts’. I don’t know where you got the idea that they also are working on pedophilia to be removed.
yes, i would like to hear your opinion about many of those experts trying to declassify pedophilia from being a psychological illness. every time you are asked that, you falsely claim the people asking you the question are equating homosexuality to pedophilia and divert the discussion in that direction to evade the answer.

Furthermore, how do you not realize that absolute morality is historically responsible for the majority of pedophilic acts. Do I need to remind you of the child sex scandals of the church? Of course not, that’s just leftist propaganda. Do I need to inform you of prophet Mohammed’s sexual deviance and child marriage? No, all leftist propaganda. How about what Rabbis do to boys after they circumcise them? Again, all leftist media BS. Right?
holy.... how on earth do you not differentiate between the dictates of absolute morality and the abuse of a little children by the hand of a priest? it is the failure of people to adhere to the requirements of absolute morality that produce this and all other crimes. it is not absolute morality that produces the crimes. i honestly cannot believe i am telling this to anyone, let alone you. if we have any issues with prophet muhamad it is because that he spread a very false and twisted perception of morality, a version that is relative by all the meaning of the term, everything was measured relatively to his short term needs, sexual, financial, power hunger, etc...

It’s much easier to get away with murder when you pretend your laws came from “above”.
when a law entices you to commit a crime, it is enough evidence that it "does not come from above", or in my terms, it is enough evidences that it does not reflective of absolute morality.
Humanism saves us and will continue to do so. Leftist propaganda or not, absolute morality has been tried and failed and been found wanting.
tell that to the thousands of babies being cut to pieces in their mothers' wombs because mommie and daddie want to immerse themselves in pleasure. humanism without a notion of the absolute, and without subscribing to truth, is bound to failing the distinction between good and evil, right and wrong; as it is already the case.

• Advertisement
  • Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    yes, i would like to hear your opinion about many of those experts trying to declassify pedophilia from being a psychological illness. every time you are asked that, you falsely claim the people asking you the question are equating homosexuality to pedophilia and divert the discussion in that direction to evade the answer.
    I have honestly never heard or read such thing. However I did mention that pedophiles do get treatment, just like any sick person should. And I further went on to say, many times, that homesexuality is not an illness, psychological or otherwise.

holy.... how on earth do you not differentiate between the dictates of absolute morality and the abuse of a little children by the hand of a priest? it is the failure of people to adhere to the requirements of absolute morality that produce this and all other crimes. it is not absolute morality that produces the crimes. i honestly cannot believe i am telling this to anyone, let alone you. if we have any issues with prophet muhamad it is because that he spread a very false and twisted perception of morality, a version that is relative by all the meaning of the term, everything was measured relatively to his short term needs, sexual, financial, power hunger, etc...
    Absolute morality, made by man (otherwise where else would it come from), has caused an insurmaountable amount of historic tragedy. You want to blame it on the people (priests) isntead of the system, I'm saying it's the same. Note that I do not equate the clergy and their system with Christianity itself. And I am not saying that Christianity promotes such things.

when a law entices you to commit a crime, it is enough evidence that it "does not come from above", or in my terms, it is enough evidences that it does not reflective of absolute morality.
    Yeah but who's law, DA? Count the number of religions in the world and multiply them by a number for denominations and you'll get a rough estimate of how many versions of "absolute morality" we have available.

tell that to the thousands of babies being cut to pieces in their mothers' wombs because mommie and daddie want to immerse themselves in pleasure. humanism without a notion of the absolute, and without subscribing to truth, is bound to failing the distinction between good and evil, right and wrong; as it is already the case.
    So in this case it is the fault of relative morality while in the prists' case it's the fault of the people, not absolute morality... Who told you that Humanism allows for mothers to abort their babies at any time and under any circumstance? Don't take Humanism to the extreme and wrap it under a garb of chaos and anarchy.

You know the world is never black and white, only a vast spectrum of grey shades. Absolute morality does not work on a planet filled with so many different people.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Every major study on children of homosexual parents did not prove any additional issues they suffer any more than children of heterosexual parents.
    It has not been long enough since homosexual parenthood has been legalized for anyone to make a definitive claim about it.

However, the benefits of being raised by both a mother and a father have long been established.

And, btw, children raised by homosexual parents are starting to speak up about the issues they have with their upbringing.

Woman raised by lesbians speaks against anonymous donors | Daily Mail Online

Woman raised by two lesbian parents speaks out: I missed my Dad

As for the second part, it was merely to highlight the absurdity of changing sexual orientation.
    Many formerly gay people now denounce the lifestyle. There is nothing absurd about it, unless you think their testimonies are irrelevant.

Furthermore, how do you not realize that absolute morality is historically responsible for the majority of pedophilic acts. Do I need to remind you of the child sex scandals of the church?
    Careful where you're going with that argument. Do we need to remind you that the vast majority of abuse cases in the church were committed by homosexual priests on adolescent boys and young seminarians?

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    I have honestly never heard or read such thing. However I did mention that pedophiles do get treatment, just like any sick person should. And I further went on to say, many times, that homesexuality is not an illness, psychological or otherwise.
    there is a difference between a psychological disorder and an illness. for psychological disorders to become illnesses and require treatment they need to be of a certain level of severity. the reality of the matter however is that the misalignment between sexual attraction and one's gender is a psychological disorder. whether it is a harmless one or not is a different issue. however in order to rationalize the declassification from the list of psychological disorders, pressure groups and lobbies are pushing for a paradigm shift that has plenty of consequences, in particular the issues of gender fluidity and gender identification and it is opening pandora's box and leading to all kinds of rational conflicts; the contradictions are so severe that these pressure groups have been trying to impose them by law, even if it infringes on freedom of speech, as is the case which brought jordan peterson to fame.
    Absolute morality, made by man (otherwise where else would it come from), has caused an insurmaountable amount of historic tragedy. You want to blame it on the people (priests) isntead of the system, I'm saying it's the same.
    absolute morality is theorized by man, not made by man. it is not set in stone. but it begins from the very notion of the polarization of absolute good and absolute evil independently from mankind. in other words your own needs would not have any rational legs to stand on if they violate the universal good, which not only does not infringe on the rights of others, but rather inherently seeks their good. relative morality however takes down some very twisted roads, where your own needs or the needs of the groups you subscribe to, could very well conflict with the needs of another individual and the needs of another group, when the reference frame is floating, or when each group is perceiving things from its own narrow perspective.

Note that I do not equate the clergy and their system with Christianity itself. And I am not saying that Christianity promotes such things.
    when you hold "absolute morality" responsible of the travesties that occur, it means that you are either infringing on the very definition of absolute morality which does not allow any travesties, or that you are unjustly attributing the travesties to absolute morality. in both situations you are pushing for a wrong and an unjust perspective.

Yeah but who's law, DA? Count the number of religions in the world and multiply them by a number for denominations and you'll get a rough estimate of how many versions of "absolute morality" we have available.
    this is a very important question. how do you assess what is right and what is wrong when you are faced with a multitude of answers? you examine them all one by one, objectively assessing them and keep the best version you possess. you do not throw them all out the window because there is not a single unified answer. and quite frankly i think that the best answer has been provided by Christianity; and i encourage you and everyone else to examine the depth of this statement:

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    This is the first and great commandment.
    And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
    the first dimension of the law sets things into perspective, helps you figure out what is right, what is wrong, what is good, and what is not; and the second dimension makes you uphold and seek the good of the other. any law, that does not take these two components into consideration is not the best law that you can implement, even in secular states.

So in this case it is the fault of relative morality while in the prists' case it's the fault of the people, not absolute morality... Who told you that Humanism allows for mothers to abort their babies at any time and under any circumstance? Don't take Humanism to the extreme and wrap it under a garb of chaos and anarchy.
    because there are civil laws, written and coded legislatures, in many countries and states that enable women to abort their children at any time they want. it took plenty of efforts from many good people to try and outlaw third semester abortions, these efforts were successful at some places and failed in others. there are however no laws that enable or encourage priests to molest or rape children, but to the contrary, the laws that stem from absolute morality condemn all these travesties.

it remains a fact however that everything which is good in humanism is actually rooted in Christianity; for even if you remove the aspect of the divine from our faith, which is the first dimension of the bible quote above, you will be left with the second dimension, which is loving the other and wishing their good, is this not the very definition of humanism?

You know the world is never black and white, only a vast spectrum of grey shades. Absolute morality does not work on a planet filled with so many different people.
    absolute morality does not paint things in black and white. there will still be many gray areas that require plenty of nuancing and critical thinking. however the poles that determine the shading are set in absolutes, they are not set relatively to your own needs.

& finally happy new year my friend, best wishes to you and your family for the upcoming year.