Why isn't the president elected by the people?

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
Even the masters whose system was supposedly copied have gotten rid of it and have a presidential system in place. No sincerity. Its all excuses you will get. What we have in place is not democracy. It is apartheid albeit to a lesser degree and well sugarcoated. Bkirki would be the first to oppose such a change alongside the sectarian feudal warlords. To stay relevant and have some important influence, they must retain powers in the hands of sectarian warlords. They must continue to hold to ransom the entire country and hold the nation by the jugular. And no one seem to be ashamed that in the 21st century we have such an archaic system in place that resembles a tribal government system.
As long as you keep attacking Christians and blame them for every ill on earth, as long as you show hate towards them, and by it, creating distrust between the Lebanese.

If you want to move the country, you need to speak positive and ensure the other, the Christians that you don't hate them.

Can't spread sectarianism against a minority that is stuggling to survive and seeking to live free, than ask it to join you an unknown outcome of a political system.

So, stop your sectarianism against Christians, build trust, than come ask them to move the country into a secular one.

Plus, go convince your community of a secular state, than open to others

• Advertisement
  • Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    As long as you keep attacking Christians and blame them for every ill on earth, as long as you show hate towards them, and by it, creating distrust between the Lebanese.
    Wrong assumption. I do not hate Christians. I do not hate Maronites, to be precise. I do not hate any human being based on the religion they follow. I hate people based on their actions.

If you want to move the country, you need to speak positive and ensure the other, the Christians that you don't hate them.

Can't spread sectarianism against a minority that is stuggling to survive and seeking to live free, than ask it to join you an unknown outcome of a political system.
    Spreading sectarianism is not done by calling out sectarianism and condemning it from its starts, and origin. I am not spreading sectarianism. Our system in place is sectarian from the start. We need a secular system where everyone can feel equal, respected and protected as citizens of a country and not as members of a tribe or sect. That call is not sectarian at all.

So, stop your sectarianism against Christians, build trust, than come ask them to move the country into a secular one.

Plus, go convince your community of a secular state, than open to others
    I do not owe my community any explanation for my political views which stem from my conscience as a free moral agent. If they do not want a secular system, that is their problem. As an individual Lebanese citizen, my choice is clear. It is in the interest of the country. Most of my community members have acclimatized to the sectarian system and found ways to adjust and adapt and even promote the system to their advantage. That is not good for the country as a whole. I am not talking for the sake of my community or any community. I am taking for the sake of building a country. You too can do similarly.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Wrong assumption. I do not hate Christians. I do not hate Maronites, to be precise. I do not hate any human being based on the religion they follow. I hate people based on their actions.

Spreading sectarianism is not done by calling out sectarianism and condemning it from its starts, and origin. I am not spreading sectarianism. Our system in place is sectarian from the start. We need a secular system where everyone can feel equal, respected and protected as citizens of a country and not as members of a tribe or sect. That call is not sectarian at all.

I do not owe my community any explanation for my political views which stem from my conscience as a free moral agent. If they do not want a secular system, that is their problem. As an individual Lebanese citizen, my choice is clear. It is in the interest of the country. Most of my community members have acclimatized to the sectarian system and found ways to adjust and adapt and even promote the system to their advantage. That is not good for the country as a whole. I am not talking for the sake of my community or any community. I am taking for the sake of building a country. You too can do similarly.
    Stop spreading hate towards Christians by blaming them on every ill, start criticizing Muslims as well, than we may believe you are not sectarian.

Since when a sectarian bias see himself? Your history is not my history, go preach love to Christians instead of spreading sectarian propaganda on them.

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    bcz none have enough money ! :p

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Stop spreading hate towards Christians by blaming them on every ill, start criticizing Muslims as well, than we may believe you are not sectarian.

Since when a sectarian bias see himself? Your history is not my history, go preach love to Christians instead of spreading sectarian propaganda on them.
    lay m3asab?
    missed u 3aris today :p

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

rachel its a life style
    as long as lebanese are keeping a sectarian life style you shouldn't reclaim a secular political system
    its not a political point of view being secular , rather it's a life style .

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Well i don’t think it’ll make a difference
    In fact i think it’ll create more sectarianism

I don’t want to rotate Hariri between PM and president
    I don’t want any involvement with him...
    Let him rule his tribe and his tribe judging him since i’m not allowed to...
    You didn't give it a deep thought
    first you take the decision out of the rotten political class and put it in the hands of people, in a balanced way
    second candidates will have to adopt balanced, thoughtful, sectarian free speech in order to appeal to both sides, because by definition no one will be able to win 100% of his side.
    third the limitation of the term to only one is to avoid having Basho, Sisi... a democracy MUST stay democracy, not à la Bassil
    forth election from the people means you have less deadlock

I believe this is the best transient system for a country like lebanon, hoping that the new generations will be more mature that the previous ones.
    This system has been tested on a smaller scale, in the syndicates and I believe it is working good.

but let's not kid ourselves, no one is aiming to build a country, not Aoun, not Bassil, nor Harir, nor Berri, and the list goes on...
    Everyone is looking for his own interests, and is resorting to sectarian speech so he rallies his sect behind him pretending to be its sole protector.
    This is the 3rd year of PMA, the man who had progressive ideas of Lebanon almost in every speech, is now silent and probably his only target now is to ensure Bassil succeeds to him.
    If a president, does not make the move, and militate to enhance the system, who will ?
    Bassil, the man who does not sleep, surely has experts in the constitution, he can form a comity of experts to propose to him a better replacement to this rotten system.
    but this is not what he wants...
    I wonder in what way he will be reformist ?

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    You didn't give it a deep thought
    first you take the decision out of the rotten political class and put it in the hands of people, in a balanced way
    second candidates will have to adopt balanced, thoughtful, sectarian free speech in order to appeal to both sides, because by definition no one will be able to win 100% of his side.
    third the limitation of the term to only one is to avoid having Basho, Sisi... a democracy MUST stay democracy, not à la Bassil
    forth election from the people means you have less deadlock

I believe this is the best transient system for a country like lebanon, hoping that the new generations will be more mature that the previous ones.
    This system has been tested on a smaller scale, in the syndicates and I believe it is working good.

but let's not kid ourselves, no one is aiming to build a country, not Aoun, not Bassil, nor Harir, nor Berri, and the list goes on...
    Everyone is looking for his own interests, and is resorting to sectarian speech so he rallies his sect behind him pretending to be its sole protector.
    This is the 3rd year of PMA, the man who had progressive ideas of Lebanon almost in every speech, is now silent and probably his only target now is to ensure Bassil succeeds to him.
    If a president, does not make the move, and militate to enhance the system, who will ?
    Bassil, the man who does not sleep, surely has experts in the constitution, he can form a comity of experts to propose to him a better replacement to this rotten system.
    but this is not what he wants...
    I wonder in what way he will be reformist ?
    Not any system will work in Lebanon at the moment
    the country is ran by a bunch of outlaws and warlords
    We have to wait for them to die from natural causes before any real reforms can be done in this country
    Until then you vote for whoever can protect you because there will be no change until then.

Or you split the country based on sects and let the people judge and punish their own leaders rather than sticking to them because of sectarian reasons.

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Not any system will work in Lebanon at the moment
    the country is ran by a bunch of outlaws and warlords
    We have to wait for them to die from natural causes before any real reforms can be done in this country
    Until then you vote for whoever can protect you because there will be no change until then.

Or you split the country based on sects and let the people judge and punish their own leaders rather than sticking to them because of sectarian reasons.
    i think ppl arent ready yet to solve their social economical prbs thats why they are focusing on the life style then if the political system will comply with it