• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Will Catalonia secede from Spain?

gramsci

Legendary Member
@gramsci wait, it's an autonomy not an independence referendum.
Fiscal federalism .. A de facto independence .. Because on external politics it is done within EU frame and not italian govern ( the only common issue is fiscal taxtation that connect regions to the central state ) ..Actually its going to happen in 5 italian regions , 3 independence and 2 autonomy

Last edited:

gramsci

Legendary Member
Italian separatism :

ItalyEdit

Friuli-Venezia Giulia

Main article: Friulian Front
Lombardy

Sardinia

Main article: Sardinian nationalism
Sicily

Main article: Sicilian nationalism
South Tyrol

Main article: South Tyrolean secessionist movement
Veneto

Main article: Venetian nationalism

gramsci

Legendary Member
Italian separatism :

ItalyEdit

Friuli-Venezia Giulia

Main article: Friulian Front
Lombardy

Sardinia

Main article: Sardinian nationalism
Sicily

Main article: Sicilian nationalism
South Tyrol

Main article: South Tyrolean secessionist movement
Veneto

Main article: Venetian nationalism
Sicily and sardegna are a big joke.. As said once an italian parlamentarty, that he would sell them to an arab cheiks since they economically absorb and never contribute :D..and away their mafia ..

I would give them indepence if it was up to me, avtually whole south italy is useless , they are more suitable to arabs than to european culture

gramsci

Legendary Member

My region emilia - romagna is the richest in italy, and it was always a comunist stronghold

gramsci

Legendary Member
From wikipedia :

Emilia-Romagna is one of the wealthiest and most developed regions in Europe, with the third highest GDP per capita in Italy.[3] Bologna, its capital, has one of Italy's highest quality of life indices[4] and advanced social services. Emilia-Romagna is also a cultural and tourist centre, being the home of the University of Bologna, the oldest university in the world,[5] containing Romanesque and Renaissance cities (such as Modena, Parmaand Ferrara), being a centre for food and automobile production (home of automotive companies such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Pagani, De Tomaso and Ducati) and having popular coastal resorts such as Cervia, Cesenatico, Rimini and Riccione.

gramsci

Legendary Member
@gramsci wait, it's an autonomy not an independence referendum.
017 will take place on 22 October in Lombardy, Italy.[1]

Lombard autonomy referendum, 2017
Date 22 October
Voting system Simple majority
Yes

0.0%
No

0.0%
Turnout:
The poll is not binding, but might have consequences in terms of negotiations between the Italian government and Lombardy as the regional government will ask for more devolved powers if the "Yes" wins.[2] Also neighbouring Veneto will hold a similar referendum on 22 October.[3][4] Both President of Lombardy Roberto Maroni and President of Veneto Luca Zaia are members of Lega Nord and, more specifically, of Lega Lombarda and Liga Veneta, respectively.

JB81

Legendary Member
Sicily and sardegna are a big joke.. As said once an italian parlamentarty, that he would sell them to an arab cheiks since they economically absorb and never contribute :D..and away their mafia ..

I would give them indepence if it was up to me, avtually whole south italy is useless , they are more suitable to arabs than to european culture

This is racism