• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Will Catalonia secede from Spain?

Dirty Dragon

I suspect Spain will fire all elected leadership and police/security services of Catalonia, take over the region's finances etc, and send its own military to restore order. I highly doubtful Catalonia is prepared to fight for their independence -- heck, I'm not even sure they have the capability. And if they don't fight, they are not truly independent.

Barcelona will be the hottest party spot on the planet this weekend. But doubtful the independence will be materialized.
I've spent some time there and can attest to the ferociously with which Catalas defend their identity. As I can to their laziness, but then again this might apply to the rest of Spain too :p

All will be back to normal after the fiesta and siesta.

Dirty Dragon

In general the concept of "any group of people can whimsically declare independence because they ascribe to a certain ethnic or religious identity" is bullshit in my opinion.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
In general the concept of "any group of people can whimsically declare independence because they ascribe to a certain ethnic or religious identity" is bullshit in my opinion.

It's not independence if you're not willing to fight for it! We'll see what happens though when Spain triggers article 155 of the constitution, I'm inclined to believe that this time there will be no fighting lol

gramsci

Legendary Member
According to it , most of todays nations have no right to exist..

A question i always asked , what give lebanon its own identity and not part of syria ?
We know that the greater lebanon was a combination made by france to make up a country ..
The christians and the druze of mounth lebanon goes by origin to syria ..
How do u explain lebanon independence ?

Dirty Dragon

A question i always asked , what give lebanon its own identity and not part of syria ?
We know that the greater lebanon was a combination made by france to make up a country ..
The christians and the druze of mounth lebanon gors by origin to syria ..

I think the world overall, the middle east particularly, needs to have more sophisticated and robust systems of federal administration.
I'm talking about large scale, not splitting Martyr square in two :p
Kind of like what the EU is doing, the essence of it at least...

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

It's not like Syria was ever a sovereign country for it to claim ownership of Lebanon.

Lebanon is just one of the countries that resulted from the paritition of the Ottoman empire.

I don't see how this is relevant to Catalonia's independence. Catalonia has been part of Spain since the 15th century and Catalans have signed the constitution which states that Spain's unity is indivisible. They can't simply break away now.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

The French made a deal with the Ja'afari Ameli Shi'a to recognize the Ja'afari Courts in return for Matawelah consent to independence of Greater Lebanon. This is the explanation.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Berri also offered to send shabeb khanda2 l ghamee2 to Catalonia to quell the protests. :rolleyes:

you have beaten me, I just saw it and was going to post it :D
Anyway now Rajoy can sleep calmly, Berri is supporting him so he has the upper hand now :D :D :D

Kizzeb2019

U dont have the right to write in this forum while
U are with an extra Chromosomes .