• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Will HA get dragged in the war on Iran?

GMA forever

No they won't get "dragged". They will willingly destroy Lebanon to help their masters in Iran. This is not a guess or speculation. Their leaders have said it themselves numerous times.

It is either hearing problems or comprehension problems what you suffer from, both of which are totally irreversible with you. Enjoy a couple of takbeers before you kiss samir ja3ja3's picture goodnight. :sleeping:

J. Abizeid

The war on Iran

"War with Iran is already here,” wrote a leading Israeli commentator recently, describing “the combination of covert warfare and international pressure” being applied to Iran.

Although not mentioned, the “strategic prize” of the first stage of this war on Iran is Syria; the first campaign in a much wider sectarian power-bid. “Other than the collapse of the Islamic Republic itself,” Saudi King Abdullah was reported to have said last summer, “nothing would weaken Iran more than losing Syria.”

This is an eye opener report that belongs in there: http://www.oroom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46382
I do however disagree with the use of the term “Will HA get dragged” of the thread title.
You can’t drag HA into a war when HA itself is one of the targets of that war.
The sequence seems to start by destroying Syria’s power followed by Hezbollah and finishing by Iran. But that’s not easy and Ayoub is simply a warning shot across the bows that will make them think twice before proceeding with their daring plan.
The other factor we are forgetting is the fact that Russia’s Putin (ex KGB) is smart enough to realize that losing Syria which is its only breathing artery to that part of the world would be Russia’s deadliest mistake of the century let alone China. N Korea is another global player that shouldn’t be underestimated.
I even doubt Western Europe is interested in taking orders from the US as a unilateral power with no deterrence whatsoever knowing that the US is there to eat their lunch and kill their euro in order to bail out its phony currency and revive its bankrupt economy.

On the other hand, Turkey is the one that is being dragged in a war that is not in its best interest but temptations can be suicidal.
What seems to be the case now is finding a bogus excuse for Turkey to attack and invade part of Syria with NATO support under the pretext of creating a buffer zone to protect its borders and to enforce a “humanitarian” safe haven for the Syrian refugees inside Syrian territory. A new puppet government will be formed and recognized by the UN with the hopes it will dominate the country. As far as Israel, Syria’s new government will be an extension to the Turkish friendly one.
If such arrangement guarantees Russia’s vital interests in Syria, such a deal can be executed and HA will become the next target. But that doesn’t necessarily mean Hezbollah is easier to defeat than Syria. Ayoub has spoken…

Vision

So your answer to "2 wrongs don't make a right" is for Lebanon to back off and Israel to keep doing what it wants? 7elo...! I would consider listening to your point of view if you (or the political line you support) did something to stop the "wrong" israel is doing...

You guys remind me of a boy i went to school with'Gabby K'.
He is tough for his size and age, but kept picking fights with the older rugby playing bullies two years above him.

There were many instances where he'd get a punch or a kick in, but the poor kid was always walking around with a black eye, bumps, bruises and even a cast on his arm. He would go to the gym daily, but his genetics just wouldn't allow his body to be big or strong enough to have a chance to beat them, and he just couldn't get his rivalry with them out of his mind.

I on the other hand disliked these guys but knew my capabilities, so I avoided interaction with them throughout high school and managed just fine.

Funnily enough, many decades later, all those differences were forgotten have been put aside and we we all get together for barbeques.

Avoiding the wrath of a bully isn't a sign of weakness, it's just being logical.
You can ultimately do what you deem is in your communities interest. I for one don't see Hizbullah beating em, and I'm sick of seeing lebanon battered and bruised

PFC

Legendary Member
He is tough for his size and age, but kept picking fights with the older rugby playing bullies two years above him.

There were many instances where he'd get a punch or a kick in, but the poor kid was always walking around with a black eye, bumps, bruises and even a cast on his arm. He would go to the gym daily, but his genetics just wouldn't allow his body to be big or strong enough to have a chance to beat them, and he just couldn't get his rivalry with them out of his mind.

I on the other hand disliked these guys but knew my capabilities, so I avoided interaction with them throughout high school and managed just fine.

Funnily enough, many decades later, all those differences were forgotten have been put aside and we we all get together for barbeques.

Avoiding the wrath of a bully isn't a sign of weakness, it's just being logical.
You can ultimately do what you deem is in your communities interest. I for one don't see Hizbullah beating em, and I'm sick of seeing lebanon battered and bruised

you remind me of Abu el Abed story: he was in bed with his wife and a huge man entered their room,he drew a circle on the floor and told Abu el Abed to stand inside while he did his wife .... when the fulfilled wife asked he husband why he didn't try to stop the big guy,he replied shut up B..., i stepped outside the circle three times and he didn't see me
Moralité: Pride and honour can not be teached in a forum.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

avoiding the wrath of a bully? lol so tell me, what if the bully goes after you? would you still "avoid his wrath"? good luck hiding in the bathroom, or trash can...! better yet, stop living, it will be easier altogether... te3tir!

Vision

avoiding the wrath of a bully? lol so tell me, what if the bully goes after you? would you still "avoid his wrath"? good luck hiding in the bathroom, or trash can...! better yet, stop living, it will be easier altogether... te3tir!

If he goes after you, it's a different story altogether. I'm talking about provocation , while you and PFC are talking about a completely different scenario altogether.

Do you seriously believe Hizbullah have a chance of actually returning Palestine?

Hameed

The problem is that we ( the arab nations ) think that we are dragging ourselves in trouble. War is NOT being IMPLIED on IRAN ... war is IMPLIED on the ARAB world since the rise of israel until present. IRAN is being DRAGGED into OUR WAR just because IRAN is another Muslim nation who wants to help its Arab Muslim brethren.

Our failure to behave in the right direction in the conflict imposed on us by the NATO & israel is because of our sick Arab mentality based on back stabbing and self salvation on the account of our brethren.

Hizbollah and IRAN will be both dragged by the wrong policy of the Arab World into a Muslim - Muslim war for the sake of the NATO and israel.

the simplest solution was to initiate a war on israel by the 3 allies IRAN - SYRIA - Hizbollah at the beginning of the Syrian Crisis <== that would have restored peace to our region in the shortest amount of time

Now, after Mr. Ibrahimi 's speech in Beirut, Hizbollah should have noticed that the NATO and the traitor gulf countries will be dragging Hizbollah in the first stage into Syria 's war by injecting Jihadist into Lebanon's society and Hizbollah will have to fight in Lebanon

Iran will be left last to fight alone against a coalition of many many countries.

so with all do respect to the thread OP, the title is wrong and this is what the west want us to think and write in our History books.

I hope Hizbollah after Ibrahimi 's speech, understood that they should have finished what they started in 7 ayar ... but alas they understood it late.

currently, I hope they understand how the US wages its wars, first they bled IRAQ's resources and then they invaded and the same thing is happening in Syria, well, WORSE, they are bleeding both the Army's focus and the Country's resources and looks like Lebanon will face the same fate along Syria.

When the prey becomes weak then the US will attack ... and maybe not the US, but israel alone will suffice to end all things.

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Whether HA drags itself into war or it gets dragged is all predertmined as these lines by a little known poet say:
دع المقادير تجري في أعنتها = ولا تبيتن إلا خالي الـبـال
ما بين طرفة عين و انتباهتها = يغير الله من حال إلى حال
So relax ad continue to enjoy your life without worrying too much or analysing to the point of killing the thread.​

HenryK

U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon in his annual report on UNSCR 1559: Hizbullah's sending of a drone over Israel is a violation that might jeopardize Lebanon's stability.

Hameed

U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon in his annual report on UNSCR 1559: Hizbullah's sending of a drone over Israel is a violation that might jeopardize Lebanon's stability.

LOL ..... I posted in the morning .. and here is ban ki moon supporting my post and is promoting war in Lebanon. Add to it the report by NewTV today about the israeli video promoting Beirut as a war zone

Dirty Dragon

This bully is going for your lunch. And once he obtains that easily he will go for your pocket money. And then something else...

And believe it or not, once you fight back a bully, even if you get bruised, that bully will be more avoiding to pick on you. When an Israeli soldier was sniped dead upon crossing the Lebanese border, Israel didn't do **** about about... If we were doing things your way, expect that they would have bombed a couple of buildings and killed 10-20 people.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I'm not sure we've reached stage 2 yet, for various reasons. Eventhough the civil war is raging in Syria, the Syrian government is more or less standing and could still rely on a strong military. Had the syrian opposition secured a big city or a big area, the situation would of course be different but it hadn't yet.

You have a good point here and I also agree with you. But the final word over this matter will depend on the requirements and assessment of the belligerent part. So this part will stay a mystery for us and the best that can happen, is that we can guess its realization when it is already too late.

Secondly, the FSA is nowhere near the solid organization one could rely on to both fight against the Syrian government and still have the needed resources to drag HA to the battlefield. Of course, they could make one or two symbolic "coups" against HA or its interests, but nothing that would require a massive and official HA intervention on the field.

I also agree. But I think that the branch that is destined to fight in Lebanon, is a special branch, only dedicated for Lebanon, and comprised of many thousands of mercenaries, capable of transforming our cities into real battlefields. And since they are already inside the country and well infiltrated in safe houses, these dormant cells can constitute the biggest danger yet to face us.

I don't doubt for a minute that we have forces on the ground capable of making them bite the dust no matter their numbers, but it is the quagmire that will happen that is the most undesired event for us. Israel might need us to be busy to attack, not to mention that certain areas might no be under our direct and full control at certain times, which Israel might also exploit.

So in my opinion, not only the Lebanese Government could quite easily contain the extremists and cells in Lebanon for now - provided it stops the BS - but HA and its allies could also use the time that is still left to strengthen their position.

For now, these are still dormant cells. But if they are given orders to deploy and attack, they might become very dangerous.

Our only chance to minimize the damages, lies on the hope that the LA and HA's intelligence are perfectly tracking them all, one by one, and have full control on their movements, logistics and supply routes.

Now, considering if HA could handle the situation. Once again I may sound naive or seem to have a simplistic approach, but it's crucial to use the time left to divert the Lebanese people attention from the syrian events and to occupy the field with pure lebanese daily life and other important issues (oil & gas for instance) so to stay consistent with the dissociation policy and to reduce as much as we can the audience of those who want to drag us into the conflict : we have the Governement, we have media and we have the required resources to do it.

Unfortunately and despite the fact that I would like to believe that this is a possible solution, I don't think that the Lebanese people have any saying in this. Such war is a planned event, and its belligerents are already formed and trained for it.

The Lebanese, no matter which side they like, will be caught in the middle.

Another thing that would deserve to be considered : what about considering the option of pulling the rug from under F14/US (etc.) feet ? By declaring through an official statement that HA is willing to hand in its weapons to the Lebanese Army provided some conditions are met : empowering and reforming the LA so it will become a deterrent force against Israel (and we don't need tens of billions of $ to achieve this), declaring Lebanon's neutrality with the principles it implies, strictly forbidding any person outside the ISF/LA to bear weapons (including bodyguards etc.), and so and so forth. I don't have right now a definitive answer but it sure is an option that deserves to be considered seriously.

In 2005, HA showed a "profile bas" as the French say, and gave the febs whatever they asked for to diffuse tensions and pull the rug from under the feet of anyone capitalizing on the situation to create a civil war, and the result was that F14 camp turned out to be liars and backstabbers, with only one goal in mind: Destroy HA even if Lebanon needs to burn to ashes, and seize power.

This has still not changed and will not change no matter what.

Our experience showed that we can only delay certain events, and this, by a combination of both diplomacy/patience and a show of force.

Republican

Legendary Member
This bully is going for your lunch. And once he obtains that easily he will go for your pocket money. And then something else...

And believe it or not, once you fight back a bully, even if you get bruised, that bully will be more avoiding to pick on you. When an Israeli soldier was sniped dead upon crossing the Lebanese border, Israel didn't do **** about about... If we were doing things your way, expect that they would have bombed a couple of buildings and killed 10-20 people.

I am sorry but you cannot expect sissies to comprehend that.
Sissies' "logic" operates on a low amplitude frequency; it goes something like: "Run to the hills today and have a barbeque tomorrow."

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
This is an eye opener report that belongs in there: http://www.oroom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46382

I thought at first to put it there, but I saw a certain Lebanese specificity, due to the rising information war on HA lately.

So I wanted to expose that rise and invite others to be aware that the narrative used against HA exposes the goals behind the media war.

REMINDER

The narrative used against HA is the following: HA is a Shiite terrorist militia backed by Syria and Iran and is fighting along Assad Alawi forces, killing and oppressing the Syrian Sunni population that seeks freedom and democracy.

Such narrative can only be read as a call/incitement for war.

And here is the kind of brainwashed and completely irrational reaction and feelings it is supposed to generate:

The atrocities committed by the Assad regime and his Lebanese allies in Syria have never been committed by any enemy we had faced, be it Israel in Palestine or the United State in Iraq and Afghanistan. The more you show support to this regime, the more Sunnite extremism(not terrorism) will have a strong foot in Lebanon and Syria.

Last week HA mourned one of its members and attributed his death to Jihad and religious duties. This is a declaration of war. This is exactly why HA is perceived today as an enemy by most Sunnites, and it is why Ahmad l Assir is currently the strongest Sunnite figure.

AND

They have been supporting the killing machine since day one. It's a declaration of war. I'm more than willing to join should a well organized Islamic umbrella calls for Jihad in syria.

No further comment.

I do however disagree with the use of the term “Will HA get dragged” of the thread title.
You can’t drag HA into a war when HA itself is one of the targets of that war.

Well, the ultimate target is Iran. But its main allies in the region, that are Syria and HA, need to be defeated first, or at least, busy with the mess surrounding them, enough to prevent them from providing adequate support to Iran, in case of war.

The sequence seems to start by destroying Syria’s power followed by Hezbollah and finishing by Iran.

Somehow yes.

But that’s not easy and Ayoub is simply a warning shot across the bows that will make them think twice before proceeding with their daring plan.

Or maybe that HA's show of force makes the Israelis even more convinced that better not have a direct confrontation with the Hezb...Which reinforces the idea of this thread...?

The other factor we are forgetting is the fact that Russia’s Putin (ex KGB) is smart enough to realize that losing Syria which is its only breathing artery to that part of the world would be Russia’s deadliest mistake of the century let alone China. N Korea is another global player that shouldn’t be underestimated.
I even doubt Western Europe is interested in taking orders from the US as a unilateral power with no deterrence whatsoever knowing that the US is there to eat their lunch and kill their euro in order to bail out its phony currency and revive its bankrupt economy.

On the other hand, Turkey is the one that is being dragged in a war that is not in its best interest but temptations can be suicidal.
What seems to be the case now is finding a bogus excuse for Turkey to attack and invade part of Syria with NATO support under the pretext of creating a buffer zone to protect its borders and to enforce a “humanitarian” safe haven for the Syrian refugees inside Syrian territory. A new puppet government will be formed and recognized by the UN with the hopes it will dominate the country. As far as Israel, Syria’s new government will be an extension to the Turkish friendly one.
If such arrangement guarantees Russia’s vital interests in Syria, such a deal can be executed and HA will become the next target. But that doesn’t necessarily mean Hezbollah is easier to defeat than Syria. Ayoub has spoken…

Agree. But there are still so many data I feel we are missing. We can only try to seek correct answers by following closely each and every event taking place, for the time being. We'll discuss that gradually as things unfold.

But I feel we are on a dangerous crossroad at this stage.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
هل تدفع المواجهات في البلدات الشيعية السورية "جبهة النصرة" الى البقاع؟

18 شباط 2013

علمت "النهار" ان المناطق المتاخمة للحدود السورية من جهة الهرمل شهدت في اليومين الفائتين اعنف المواجهات العسكرية بين مسلحين من المعارضة السورية وابناء البلدات الشيعية منذ بدء الاحداث في سوريا قبل عامين.

وسقط نتيجة هذه المعارك اكثر من 20 قتيلا من بينهم 3 لبنانيين يقطنون في سوريا، احدهم من آل مسرّة من بلدة زيتا السورية ويدافعون عن بلداتهم من خطر تمدد مسلحي "جبهة النصرة" اليها
بعد الحصار الذي ينفذه الجيش السوري النظامي على عناصرها في حمص وضواحيها.

وتؤكد جهات لبنانية متابعة لمسار هذه الاحدات في القصير السورية وضواحيها ان "حزب الله" مد ابناء البلدات الشيعية بمساعدات عسكرية ولوجستية وان مجموعات من المقاتلين توجهت اليها بغية حماية عائلاتها من خطر المسلحين السلفيين.
وتوقعت المصادر ان تشهد هذه القرى المتداخلة بين سوريا ولبنان مواجهات اخرى في الايام المقبلة.

كذلك، يقدم "حزب الله" مساعدات الى اللجان المحلية في بلدات يقطنها علويون، وابناء من الطائفة المرشدية.
وفي ظل هذه التطورات الامنية في هذه المنطقة تنفذ حراسات ليلية في القرى الشيعية في الداخل السوري وتمتد الى البلدات اللبنانية في قضاء الهرمل تحسبا من تنفيذ عناصر "جبهة النصرة" عمليات عسكرية انتقامية ضد "حزب الله" الذي تتهمه بدعم النظام السوري وتوفير المساعدة لانصاره في الشريط الحدودي بين البلدين.

Positive Balance

Obviously we now have a clear answer.
Given the relationship between Syria, Iran and HA, any threat to either the Syrian or Iranian regimes is a threat to HA. This means that HA has a strong interest in preserving both of those regimes, and that might be an understatement.

A few years ago, HA used to say they would only point their weapons at Israel and never internally. Then their communications network came under threat, and they had a legitimate reason to use their weapons internally. Then it was repeatedly denied that the party had any involvement in Syria whatsoever (including by you AS), by saying it was only Shiite villagers that were defending their villages. Then Shiite shrines needed to be defended. And then last week HA publically committed to defending the Syrian regime until the end. Were we fed any disinformation about the role of HA in Syria until last week?

Let's take aside whether or not the use of HA's weapons and fighters in any of the above examples is defensible or not (I'm sure we won't agree on that anyway). The common line is that when HA's interests are threatened, they can say that the divine resistance against Israel is threatened and any means are justified in repelling the threats. We have now seen that that means defending the Syrian regime till the end, and using the same logic the Iranian regime could be defended, if it ever needs HA help. What if the interest of HA diverges from the national interest of Lebanon, or even for that matter the interest and desires of Lebanese who don't support HA?