WC2018 World Cup Qatar 2022

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
FIFA have announced that the 2022 World Cup in Qatar will take place between November 21st and December 18th. (During the European season...)

qatar2022.png

"By some estimates, the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar is going to cost the tiny Gulf nation approximately US $220 billion. This is about 60 times the $3.5 billion that South Africa spent on the 2010 edition. The 2014 World Cup in Brazil roughly cost $11.63 billion. "

2014_08_24-Qatars-World-Cup-Staduim-1.jpg?resize=1200%2C800&quality=75&strip=all&ssl=1

Qatar-2022-World-Cup-by-Zaha-Hadid_dezeen_ss_1.jpg

Al-Bayt-Stadium-Qatar-11.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Badak yehoun yoftaso?? :p
    Not really,
    it's going to be interesting to see if the Football seasons that year are going to be rescheduled to please Qatar
    Besides, some players would rather play for their clubs rather than their international teams and vice versa.
    This could affect big clubs in Europe if they lost some key players for a month during the world cup

Last edited:

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Not really,
    it's going to be interesting to see if the Football seasons that year are going to be rescheduled to please Qatar
    Besides, some players would rather play for their clubs rather than their international teams and vice versa.
    This could affect big clubs in Europe if they lost some key players for a month during the world cup
    Not only that.

Clubs don't fancy players going tournaments during the season for the obvious reason of getting injured.

Imagine for example, Neymar getting injured in the WC - Now that would be a blow for whatever club he will be playing in.

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Not only that.

Clubs don't fancy players going tournaments during the season for the obvious reason of getting injured.

Imagine for example, Neymar getting injured in the WC - Now that would be a blow for whatever club he will be playing in.
    True
    I think we’re going to hear complaints very soon
    This was just announced by FIFA

Iron Maiden

Not really,
    Not only that.

Easy solution, european season starts earlier and goes on a break during WC, as fir injuries just expect players to no give it 100%, like messi in every tournament :)

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    The WC is also a venue where European clubs show the talent of their players on the world stage where otherwise players would not have been known that also generates income from sponsorships and coverage rights for the club and local leagues. The more coverage soccer gets on any venue everybody benefits. And if they are unhappy for loosing income, Qatar will step in and pay them, it seems they are stupid enough to do it. Most leagues break in that period anyway.

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    The WC is also a venue where European clubs show the talent of their players on the world stage where otherwise players would not have been known that also generates income from sponsorships and coverage rights for the club and local leagues. The more coverage soccer gets on any venue everybody benefits. And if they are unhappy for loosing income, Qatar will step in and pay them, it seems they are stupid enough to do it. Most leagues break in that period anyway.
    They are beyond stupid
    their world cup is costing them 220B USD..
    Brazil in 2014 invested around 12B and made 500 Millions in net revenue (4B profits went to FIFA)
    Qatar: Ban on alcohol, no partying allowed, no fun allowed, how are people going to spend money in a freaking desert...

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Qatar: Ban on alcohol, no partying allowed, no fun allowed, how are people going to spend money in a freaking desert...
    Alcohol and partying are not banned in Qatar.. they are just very strictly moderated and restricted to hotels I think.

Anyway, I think this will change in Qatar.

manifesto

Alcohol and partying are not banned in Qatar.. they are just very strictly moderated and restricted to hotels I think.

Anyway, I think this will change in Qatar.
    I think they have announced that they will temporarily allow alcohol consumption in fan zones during the World Cup.
    I wonder if the GCC diplomatic crisis would have ended by then.