Announcements Would you introduce/invite your friends to this forum?

Would you introduce your friend/aquantaince to this forum?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
  • Advertisement
  • J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    lol

You get a like for trying. But don't get any crazy ideas about us being friends or anything of the sort :p
    Nahhh screw friends lol

Nice to see the sense of humor in people no? It is good because we argue too much in other threads...

R

Ralph N

Hey Guys/Girls,

So a simple question (with a poll above, please answer it).

Would you introduce your friend/aquantaince to this forum? If he/she is interrested in the topics here lets say.

Thanks
    Jo
    if it was trump I would.. but come on its just a forum..

nonsense

nonsense

Legendary Member
    A couple of years ago, yes I definitely would have introduced people to the forum. I have done it over two dozen times, not just to friends but to people curious about Lebanon and also its politics. But today I think its no longer the case.

I think the forum had a big low last year, with the insults, poor posts and breaking of the rules. But I have noticed a large improvement this year, which is encouraging and gives me hope (although there is still a lot of crusading crap as @Dirty Dragon mentioned..it only takes a few posters to ruin the place). If the trend continues then I will be happy to have the forum to share again. I hope I am doing my part, and hope everyone else does their too.

Reactions: Jo
    gramsci

gramsci

Legendary Member
    No , because most of my friends think that lebanese president is gheddafi...i never correct them :)))

Dirty Dragon

Dirty Dragon

But I have noticed a large improvement this year, which is encouraging and gives me hope (although there is still a lot of crusading crap as @Dirty Dragon mentioned..it only takes a few posters to ruin the place).
    There is no improvement worthy of mention. A few posters can not ruin the place if not for a conscious policy by admins to allow them to post what they do. Enough diverting responsibility.

Reactions: Jo
    Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    My answer is a big fat no.

When I make political posts on Facebook, I get very little reaction. Sometimes, no reaction at all. This is surprising, given the careers and fields of study of many of my contacts. When I do get reactions, it's usually from people with no higher-education degrees. This is a good indication of the state of modern day universities and the priorities of white collar careerists.

Nowadays, most people are more interested in offering themselves up for display than having meaningful conversations.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    My answer is a big fat no.

When I make political posts on Facebook, I get very little reaction. Sometimes, no reaction at all. This is surprising, given the careers and fields of study of many of my contacts. When I do get reactions, it's usually from people with no higher-education degrees. This is a good indication of the state of modern day universities and the priorities of white collar careerists.

Nowadays, most people are more interested in offering themselves up for display than having meaningful conversations.
    Maybe because some people are afraid of saying what they truly believe in (politically speaking) in front of their friends/family/coworkers.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ummm nope, for the same reason I don't invite them to my bed. The cosier a place the more you want to keep it to yourself. ;)

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So none of the regulars and moderators here knows each other in person?

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    So none of the regulars and moderators here knows each other in person?
    Mbala a lot of them do but they met because of the forum not the other way around I think

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Maybe because some people are afraid of saying what they truly believe in (politically speaking) in front of their friends/family/coworkers.
    Yes, this is part of it. I did get replies through private messages a couple of times.

But some others are just indoctrinated and probably think I'm a monster.

And others think facebook is a personal diary / photo album.

Anyway...lame...

Strangers interact with me on there more than my own acquaintances.