Would you rather have Lebanon under US hegemony or Russian hegemony?

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
Obviously the best and only answer should always be neither!
But this is the price of being a tiny country like Lebanon..

Despite the fact that Lebanon is very complex ground for different regional powers but the US clearly still hold the biggest influence over the Lebanese state and its military, economy etc.

But now with the Russians taking more control over most parts of Syria they seems to be having their eyes on Lebanon now that Lebanon might be heading for oil and gas explorations. The latest Rosneft deal in Tripoli is clearly revealing this!

But what are EU's stances on all of this? Would they allow Russia to simply grow their influence gentility and slowly over the possibly emerging Lebanese energy sector?

Then we also have the so called Israel on the other hand.. wouldn't they have much bigger chances to sabotage the gas explorations by any means if Russia ends up having greater influence than the European/Western influence over the energy sector?

What are the Lebanese gov stances on all of this and what are they trying to do? Are they trying to balance it between the two? Meaning between Russia and the US (France-Total)?

To be honest with you I think Lebanon is not ready for any of this!
The country is to weak to deal with any of it and the smell of robbery with our puppet politicians that lead us to be in 80+ billions dollar debt will make sure the Lebanese end up with more crisis if not another "civil war" and ending up benefitin mostly their pocket!

Also more debts being added to our current masive debts seems to be overwhelming and makes me wonder if this is all a big scam coming upon us all..

These are just some questions and concerns i think the lebanese should explore despite being ignorant in this subject!

What do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    The US symbolizes many attractive things, when you look at the Americans as a people or as a nation. Many would want to be like them or copy their liberal ways of life.

Our problem is not with the progressiveness that America represents internally as a country. It is very ironic that such a liberal country like America (of course there are radicals and conservatives as well) could stand with the last apartheid colony on earth, which has invaded all of the countries surrounding it. America itself has fought off racism and has adopted civil rights iconic personalities as national heroes.

Whenever the US is therefore mentioned, we aren't averse to it because of Hollywood movies, GMC vehicles or Beyonce. We are averse to it because the US symbolizes a powerful external force that stands behind an apartheid entity that has constantly threatened, invaded, bombed, massacred and stolen from our land.

For a small country like Lebanon, we therefore have every right to feel suspicious of US intentions. Not every Lebanese that supports the resistance (vis a vis Hezballah) wants an Iranian style Islamic Republic in Lebanon. But certainly, everyone who supports the resistance doesn't want Lebanon to become another Palestine either. This is knowing the fact that whenever Israehell goes on the offensive (occupying our land for many years), the US either gives Israehell a blank cheque to perpetrate it's atrocities, or the US folds it's arms and does nothing. The US doesn't act as a partial arbiter that is sincerely pushing for fairness, justice and peace in the Middle East. Therefore, in our own backyard, not in the glittering night skyline of New York, the US symbolizes a force for instability and turmoil.

agnostic

agnostic

As I used to say to my Chinese comrades, we prefer even apes rather than US.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    The US symbolizes many attractive things, when you look at the Americans as a people or as a nation. Many would want to be like them or copy their liberal ways of life.

Our problem is not with the progressiveness that America represents internally as a country. It is very ironic that such a liberal country like America (of course there are radicals and conservatives as well) could stand with the last apartheid colony on earth, which has invaded all of the countries surrounding it. America itself has fought off racism and has adopted civil rights iconic personalities as national heroes.

Whenever the US is therefore mentioned, we aren't averse to it because of Hollywood movies, GMC vehicles or Beyonce. We are averse to it because the US symbolizes a powerful external force that stands behind an apartheid entity that has constantly threatened, invaded, bombed, massacred and stolen from our land.

For a small country like Lebanon, we therefore have every right to feel suspicious of US intentions. Not every Lebanese that supports the resistance (vis a vis Hezballah) wants an Iranian style Islamic Republic in Lebanon. But certainly, everyone who supports the resistance doesn't want Lebanon to become another Palestine either. This is knowing the fact that whenever Israehell goes on the offensive (occupying our land for many years), the US either gives Israehell a blank cheque to perpetrate it's atrocities, or the US folds it's arms and does nothing. The US doesn't act as a partial arbiter that is sincerely pushing for fairness, justice and peace in the Middle East. Therefore, in our own backyard, not in the glittering night skyline of New York, the US symbolizes a force for instability and turmoil.
    I think their "liberal" way of life is very deceiving one and extremely dark..

As for being suspicious I think we are or should be beyond that.. we should be with certainty by now that they have an agenda against this region and I'm sure whenever we have an oppurtinity to retaliate we will do so!

But like you said it is not because of their values or whatever it is because of their involvements in our region by supporting tyranny and apartheid states!

And because they are sucking us dry!

Counties allied to the USA: Japan, South Korea, France, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand...

Countries allied with Russia: China, North Korea, Syria, Iran, Pakistan, Cuba, Belarus...

I'll let you draw your own conclusion.
    haha ya I see.. but these are not all the countries who falls under US "alliances"
    ye3ni why didn't you mentiion Egypt for example? there are many countries I can give you that the US literally fcked up!

Also Japans debts problems should be beyond repair by now.. it is actually crazy that they are still surviving it!
    I don't know what the future hold for Japan but it can not be bright one with such huge amount of debt on their back!

I see more and more slave nations..

agnostic

agnostic

Nǐ zài qīnwěn tāmen de lǘ zǐ zhīqián huò zhīhòu gàosù tāmen zhège ma? :)
    Joseph Tongzhi
    Anytime, anywhere and beyond
    Whether in this life or in any other one
    Rather apes than gringos.

Libanen wansui
    Zhenzhudang wansui

SAVO

SAVO

in this moment .. the best solution is to be sovreign and independent .. something between switzerland and north korea

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Right now, the US. But if I had to choose between Russia and France in the 20th century, I would choose Russia because I'm sure they would've dealt better with the Muslim situation than the French did, given their experience with the Caucasus' Muslims.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    "Would you rather have Lebanon under US hegemony or Russian hegemony?"

Wouldn't you rather be your own master.

I

illusion84

Counties allied to the USA: Japan, South Korea, France, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand...

Countries allied with Russia: China, North Korea, Syria, Iran, Pakistan, Cuba, Belarus...

I'll let you draw your own conclusion.
    Your post is misleading; countries allied to the US that you mentioned above are strong capable economy.

What about US allies in Southern America and the Arab world? You always staged coups there and ruled people with an Iron fist.

N

NewLeb

You think the US will not sell us out like they did with the Kurds at the blind of an eye?
    The Kurds are fools who can’t stand on their own. It’s simply a case of being in a position where you can’t be sold out, even if they tried. ;)

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

The Kurds are fools who can’t stand on their own. It’s simply a case of being in a position where you can’t be sold out, even if they tried. ;)
    Eh how can you implement that in Lebanon when we have no economical leverage whatsoever and our entire banking system and LAF are connected to the US?

S

Saj

Our relationship with the US has always been based in blackmail. They give us just enough to say that they care, but not nearly enough that it makes any difference. They deny our army strong weapons, but threaten our country when the army considers getting them from Russia, or if Iran offers weapons. They choose Israel over us 100% of the time. Now they’re coming for our gas and they’re pushing for tawteen. Is this a healthy relationship?

I’m all for Lebanon securing Chinese and Russian investments, I think it’d do great things for our economy and even if it doesn’t build us a strong state, it’ll go further for us than the US ever did. We are not the west. We have never been the west. We will never be the west. So why are we still looking west?

I’m not saying we should have a bad relationship with the US, but if they want to punish us for looking beyond the crap they offer us, then let them punish us. We are not slaves and we do not have to beg for their mercy.

The one downside to this is that the Lebanese diaspora is heavily based in the west. There aren’t many Lebanese in Russia or China. This could complicate matters.

I also reject the phrase Russian hegemony. We shouldn’t desire to live under anyone’s hegemony. We need to be able to say no to anyone if it benefits Lebanon.

Last edited:
    N

NewLeb

Eh how can you implement that in Lebanon when we have no economical leverage whatsoever and our entire banking system and LAF are connected to the US?
    Well, figure out why there’s no economic leverage in the first place. Or perhaps go even further, and ascertain why there is no leverage of any kind whatsoever. Taboule and hummus and nice-looking girls ain’t leverage- buts that’s all Lebanon seems to be offering....

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Well, figure out why there’s no economic leverage in the first place. Or perhaps go even further, and ascertain why there is no leverage of any kind whatsoever. Taboule and hummus and nice-looking girls ain’t leverage- buts that’s all Lebanon seems to be offering....
    How can you compete in the international market with a ruling class such as the one we have?