Your Opinions: Lebanon Vs. Expat Life

Have you / Are you...

• ...an expat who already moved back to Lebanon and plans on staying?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
At some point in time, most Lebanese have to decide whether to make their life in Lebanon or to move abroad. I am curious about everyone's experiences, thoughts, and feelings about this topic.

• Advertisement
  • Leb_Rebel

Leb_Rebel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Never coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Orange Room

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    planning to come back in the near/mid future with a startup idea

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

planning to coming back from now till 5-6 years with my wife and 2 kids.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    planning to come back in the near/mid future with a startup idea
    planning to coming back from now till 5-6 years with my wife and 2 kids.
    Given the current chaos, I did not expect these types of replies (positive towards Lebanon). Can I ask you how long you've been abroad, and what makes you want to move back?

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Never going back as long as Hezbollah is a militia and in government

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Given the current chaos, I did not expect these types of replies (positive towards Lebanon). Can I ask you how long you've been abroad, and what makes you want to move back?
    8 years out, and its mostly to be around people that are important to me and help the country but most importantly my grandma’s cooking :D

IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
    Orange Room Supporter
    I love Lebanon but I'm not raising my daughter in this country. We have a good life where we are and we're not going anywhere. It's a decent enough spot for vacation though

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I love Lebanon but I'm not raising my daughter in this country. We have a good life where we are and we're not going anywhere. It's a decent enough spot for vacation though
    u were taised in leb and u tirned out ok, chu el mechkle te7didan?

IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
    Orange Room Supporter
    u were taised in leb and u tirned out ok, chu el mechkle te7didan?
    A good education costs an insane amount of money in Lebanon to start off, I was subjected to all kinds of sexual harassment even as barely a teenager, insane amount of pollution and very limited opportunities, expensive healthcare, lack of transportation, limited number of hobbies and if they're existent they're very expensive, road safety is very lacking so forget about walking around, etc. The only positive thing about Lebanon is being near family, but I want to offer her the best life I can and that's not in Lebanon. I left the country for a reason, I'm not subjecting my daughter to the same choices.

The Blind Monk

The Blind Monk

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    I spent 2 years in Germany, I regret not burning my passport while there and claim to be a syrian refugee in order to stay there. I was too 'proud' to do something like this.
    Now I'm stuck in Lebanon, and I'd use any opportunity to run away from this shithole.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

i was born outside. lived in lebanon for 10 years or so. moved back to Australia. all my relatives are in lebanon and have none here. i go back every year. eventhough fe problems w kel chi i feel a sense of belonging especially with the family. i teach my kids arabic and live outside ka2ano im living in lebanon. just a different country walla.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

I spent 2 years in Germany, I regret not burning my passport while there and claim to be a syrian refugee in order to stay there. I was too 'proud' to do something like this.
    Now I'm stuck in Lebanon, and I'd use any opportunity to run away from this shithole.
    what do u do for a living friend? work?

The Blind Monk

The Blind Monk

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    what do u do for a living friend? work?
    Unemployed civil engineer li2an mafi wasta w mafi achghal bhal balad. Doing freelancing small projects every now and then.

theMightyRedV

theMightyRedV

I love Lebanon but having been born overseas you simply cannot compare the life in the west with the norm of every day living in Lebanon, whether its the wastat, traffic, rubbish, the mentality of many of the people there etc...

theMightyRedV

theMightyRedV

Unemployed civil engineer li2an mafi wasta w mafi achghal bhal balad. Doing freelancing small projects every now and then.
    thought about trying your luck in the gulf or Saudi?