Your Opinions: Relationships

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
If you're engaged / married:
- Where / how did you meet your significant other? How did you know he /she was the one?

General question to everyone (single or with someone):
- Are you the type to actively look for a relationship, or the type who just lets things happen on their own?

• Advertisement
  • IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
    Orange Room Supporter
    If you're engaged / married:
    - Where / how did you meet your significant other? How did you know he /she was the one?

General question to everyone (single or with someone):
    - Are you the type to actively look for a relationship, or the type who just lets things happen on their own?
    Met him a long time ago but we didn't really like each other, he thought I was stuck up and I thought the same thing. We met again in Paris about 5 years after the initial encounter got to know each other a bit more and the rest is a shared history. As for how I knew he was the one, I didn't, it was just too painful to be away from him so I decided to stay near him at all times :p.

Since the second question is for everyone, I'm not the type to actively seek out relationships, they just seem to happen. I was actually avoiding relationships at all costs before falling for mr bazella.

The Blind Monk

The Blind Monk

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    I don't actively look for a relationship... if something comes along the way, then fine... if it doesn't, then fine too :lol: ...

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

i met my better half in lebanon. i was in lebanon for 4 months w heike sodfe i met her. i came back to Australia and we stayed in contact. i wanted to meet someone who has the same values of family and principles as me and i couldnt find a girl here in Australia.

took a chance after a year and popped the question and the rest is history.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    i wanted to meet someone who has the same values of family and principles as me and i couldnt find a girl here in Australia.
    That's a real issue nowadays. I meet guys who are attractive and who seem nice, but since their values and family principles are different I don't get involved. Better to stay single than build a relationship without a good foundation.

Mrsrxmas

Mrsrxmas

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    That's a real issue nowadays. I meet guys who are attractive and who seem nice, but since their values and family principles are different I don't get involved. Better to stay single than build a relationship without a good foundation.
    Immigrants should adapt and live like the locals :D

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Immigrants should adapt and live like the locals :D
    It has nothing to do with adapting. There are Westerners who share my values and Lebanese who don't. The issue is that people who still have traditional family values are rare, nowadays.

Mrsrxmas

Mrsrxmas

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It has nothing to do with adapting. There are Westerners who share my values and Lebanese who don't. The issue is that people who still have traditional family values are rare, nowadays.
    You are free to be whatever you want to be :) i was just poking fun on at points mentioned in different threads....

H

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    I'd go even further to say it's harder to find shared values with Lebanese IRL outside of Lebanon. Many still live in the era in which they emigrated from the motherland like time isn't a thing.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Yep it was hard not easy and that is why in Lebanon aslan people are staying single until their high 30s and sometimes 40s. akide plus the economic situation. Depending on your family and how you were raised but alot of 'Lebanese' people outside do not have the same values as you have in life. If your dad raised you the way he was raised 30 years back in Australia you find it pretty hard to find a girl who's father was born here and raised her as an Australian family raises their children... I think you know what i mean :)

Also alot of change has happened since in Lebanon where you family went out in the 70's so there minds is just stuck in that era. so they raise you in that era without knowing that change has happened to the country. for example when i go to lebanon and i see a 2 year old ALWAYS with a mobile phone or an IPAD his eyes glued on the screen it makes me sick. When all a person has is FB and his social media and doesn't do anything else im like wtf are these people living for???

So to be honest i had to dig deep and hard to try to find a girl to my liking and thank GOD i found her or i of 36 years of age would have been still single.