Zahi Wehbe: GUILTY AS HELL!

Observer

I feel sorry for arzleb. I am telling you, arzleb is a nice guy but politics made us enemies. Not only arzleb but so many others like him. He knows the reality deep down his heart and brain as much as I and others do ..... but politics .............

I do not mean by reality as taking sides with or against a leader but the true reality of what is going on today.

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Exaclty. I am really surprised he was indicted. This is preposterous. This was written in a very clever way.

Indeed a big blow for freedom of speech.

you said it, he had definitely bad intentions and everybody understood whom he meant.
Sad though that he was not given 10 years with hard labour.

historian

you said it, he had definitely bad intentions and everybody understood whom he meant.
Sad though that he was not given 10 years with hard labour.

What is sad is we have a law that punishes over "ghost intentions" and "interpretations". This is what is sad.

Your last comment of giving him a 10 years sentence is ridiculously immature.

>Watani<

أكبر من أن يُبلعْ وأصغر من أن يقسّم
Orange Room Supporter
arzleb
50 000 000LL is nothing much to pay for a just cause in defending our independence and liberation from ur current allies.

الرجولية تكون بالمقاومة، بالشهامة والشرف وليس بالمال يا عزيزي
فبما أنهم يفتقدون إلى هذه الميّزات، فهم ليسوا سوى أشباه رجال

taifoon

Hello!

Come on :| I dont see what is so wrong in this! He didn't name anybody..or refer to anybody..he could be referring to any president! And what's wrong in that?

Like about Fares Khachan,I agree,he's such an extremist and should be fined for his hateful articles,but Zahi Wehbe?? Come on..this man is moderate! He didn't insult anybody

Salam

Partially agree, no names were mentioned in the article. Two adjectives however must have tipped the minds of the judges into beleiving Zahi had trespassed the boundaries of generalizations when he ended up identifying his subject: Fakhamat and General. How many living lebanese individuals can be identified with this naming combination? I know of two, so sa77tein 3ala rasso.. To illustrate with another example, read someone writing this on a daily paper of no news:

" We woke up today, to the sound of the same 3afrit
" he who stole our houses in down town Beirut
" the inheritant of saudi money and son of a wahhabi royalist
" and we said " Enough, kid, since the death of your 'maybe' dad
" who had started the orgy of al nahb wal fassad,
" bombs have detonated, churches were burnt
" and many lebanese have their dear lives lost
" and we do beleive it's all your bloody fault
" so fikka a little 3an samena ya bou saksoukeh
" go back to your tribal habitat in the south east
" before our national tribunal 'ketchup' with you one day soon
" and make your aunt come a long way to visit you
" from saida up to Roumiehs underground saloon.

Are you or you not able to guess who the gifted writer is alluding to in this masterpiece of his? Hint: think outside the box.. :biggrin:

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Partially agree, no names were mentioned in the article. Two adjectives however must have tipped the minds of the judges into beleiving Zahi had trespassed the boundaries of generalizations when he ended up identifying his subject: Fakhamat and General. How many living lebanese individuals can be identified with this naming combination? I know of two, so sa77tein 3ala rasso.. To illustrate with another example, read someone writing this on a daily paper of no news:

Are you or you not able to guess who the gifted writer is alluding to in this masterpiece of his? Hint: think outside the box.. :biggrin:

Brilliant,
I am nominating you for the pulitzer awards

taifoon

I feel much with you. A 'military' mind like yours is learning how to care for the first time about such an insignificant thing as the freedom of expression.

Aappreciate your concern.. It's mutual by the way. Keep sittting on that barrel of powder and sing after me " We shall overcome.. one day soon".:angel:

drinkaholic

Hallo

Ok so what :thumbup1: I'm not defending any politician! You're free to write that..Does that mean you deserve to be fined/jailed?

Isn't that the truth anyway!? Saad Hariri or Emile Lahoud..Why to defend them or praise them when they weakened Lebanon!? So Emile Lahoud was our former president,does that make him a saint,and non-corrupt,and free of any blood on his hand,and innocent and shouldn't be criticized or have an angry article written about him!?

If I write an angry article about Ariel Sharon or Samir Geagea or Walid Jumblatt,or any such similiar people who I know committed bad things against our country,I dont have the right to do so?

Hey if this article was written by an pro-opposition writer,but about Rafic hariri for example,same style and similiar words,and that writer was fined,will you have the same reaction!?

PS:What do you mean think outside the box,are you hinting at something? haha :-D
Salam

Venom

Legendary Member
Harire will be more than happy to pay for Zahi!! 50,000,000 LL is nothing for harire!!

it's not about the money.....it's all about the (ah I forgot the song:wink:)

Actually this is a black mark in the history of the journalist.......even if he paid 1 lira....

Jerry

it's not about the money.....it's all about the (ah I forgot the song:wink:)

do you mean the song of Ghewwar el Tasheh and his donkey ? ( Oh God they'll attack me coz he's syrian :biggrin:)

money money money ,
flous flous flous ,
niyyelak ya 7mar
ma baddak doular
wala starlineh
wala mit dinar

Orange Patriot

50 000 000LL is nothing much to pay for a just cause in defending our independence and liberation from ur current allies. If he was really guilty they would have sentenced him to jail... we consider the 50 000 000LL a contribution and we salute the Justice System and thank him.

Victorious Always.

are you for real?

het another 50,000,000 contribution tan shoof.

if you add up all the ventriloquists in hariri's payroll masquerading as journalists...then 50,000,000 is going to get costly in the long run.

i'd stop trying to downplay the signifigance of this if i were you.

SeekNirvana

Obviously, laws in Lebanon need a huge reform.
You cannot have a constitution that promotes freedom of the press and yet have the laws so limiting to the point that an article like this one gets someone charged.
The press ought to work as one organization seeking a common goal for once instead of wasting their time on flaming and reporting the visits and receptions of their boss.

Orange Patriot

my compliments taifoon... in conveying the idea, in a sharp and tasteful way, to those on the other side of the evolutionary gap.

NEVER_BACK_DOWN

rouh ya taifoon ya abou il moutanabi inta
well said!!!!!!!